South African Tour of the West Indies, May-June 2010

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It was initially the short ball that proved too hot for the West Indian batsmen, but Steyn's reverse swing was just total annihilation.

It is exactly what I was talking about earlier. On dry, abrasive pitches, reverse swing is an important advantage waiting to be taken. Captains can't afford to waste it pretending that it's just not a seamer's wicket.

P

pcfan123

Why am I getting the bad feeling that Smith might not enforce the follow on!

Dabi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone know when (and on which channel) can I watch the highlites in Pakistan? Stupid channels all have soccer on! :mad:

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Why am I getting the bad feeling that Smith might not enforce the follow on!

I can't believe he didn't...I don't see why you'd not take the follow-on here with so much time remaining in the match. Way too safe from Smith.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Steyn.... :hpraise:hpraise

Morkel :hpraise:hpraise

Superb Bowling and some very poor cricket by West Indies....

Playing at home and playing this badly... Even Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are playing better Cricket now.. Come On West Indies Show Some Kind Of Intent.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Morkel bowled better then DS. He got main wickets. DS got the tails. Thanks to Kallis, Morkel couldn't get his 5fwer

P

pcfan123

Lol, I think only we think like that. I highly doubt Morkel feels that way, and I think you are undermining Steyn's achievement as well.

Bottom line is the opening pair took 9 wickets. This attack is just too juicy, they really to find that 3rd permanent seamer before Kallis stops bowling completely.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
smith didn't enforce it because Steyn got a cramp or something, his two opening bowlers had bowled a lot. Had it been harris or kallis at the other end wrecking havoc he might have but he'd have wasted the new ball just getting 3 overs each or so out of steyn and morkel.

I'm never a fan of the follow on unless the pitch is so flat you need to go for the result and get as much time to get the ball old as possible.

give them the new ball 40 minutes from lunch tomorrow, make them toil in the field for an hour, then face the new ball and if steyn and morkel are bowling well give them lunch to rest then they can have another 12 overs at them while they get set again.

much easier to win that way than bowl them into the ground on a single day. game's won mark :D your cash is safe.

P

pcfan123

I think its very important that Smith declare 30 minutes before lunch, that way they have 2 "new" periods to pick up some wickets. Right before lunch and then right after.

I just hope he does not bat past lunch and get some mammoth 500 plus lead

War

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, I think only we think like that. I highly doubt Morkel feels that way, and I think you are undermining Steyn's achievement as well.

Bottom line is the opening pair took 9 wickets. This attack is just too juicy, they really to find that 3rd permanent seamer before Kallis stops bowling completely.

They do technically in De Wet, but not sure what will become of him when he returns from his back injury. Not sure why Tsotosbe was picked ahead of McLaren either, seems like a quota selection - instead of one on merit.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Really really disappointed with the performance. I left for work when lunch started and when I get home I see that the WI were bowled out for just above 100. To see that nobody offered any fight or even try to forge a partnership is really disappointing. Bringing Nash in at #3 was a mistake because other then him there is nobody to protect the tail. They should have brought Deonarine in at #3 and left Nash where he was since he started his career with WI.
Obviously I didn't see the way Steyn bowled so I cant really comment on it but someone had to stand up for the team and fight on.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I went to bed just after Chanderpaul got out and now I see that WI gets skittled for 102. What a shocker. Caught some highlights and it was a real shame Morkel missed out on his 5-fer. He bowled really well, better than Steyn IMO.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Great bowling from Morkel and Steyn.:clap
And yeah some poor batting from Windies, looking at the scorecard one can say that nobody tried to show any fight.

SA ftw, but I have put Vcash on draw.;)

TumTum

International Cricketer
If Smith had followed on, this match would have been over by now, hope it comes back to bite him.

Users who are viewing this thread