India's tour of West Indies June 2011

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I agree with some of you saying that we are being harsh on Kohli. This was his first test series in difficult conditions. Let him give some more time and he will be better becuase he is a good talent. I don't know why did they pick Badrinath for test if they were not gonna pick him. I thought Badrinath could have come in last test in place of Murli Vijay(who has been horrible). Kohli could have open the innings and Badrinath could have taken Kohli's place. Anyways we are all set to wrap up series with 2-0.

Positives from Series:
- Ishant Sharma
- Abhinav Mukund who looked better as the series progressed. Sure looks promising.

Badri was not picked because he didn't do well in the ODI's. But don't they have the sense to see that Badri is a more classical test batsman? Anyways good that we could have a look at Kohli's test credentials which is not got off to a good start.

Mukund has gotten better with each passing innings. He should have got the century yesterday and he needs to make such opportunities count. A century in a series like this where batting has been difficult would have been awesome. But hope the guy can stay put with the test team for quite sometime now.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A day for the Edwards, 5 wickets from one and a century from the other. Sadly just like Australia not enough contribution from the others means the total still looks sub par.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its going to interesting last day. Hope India win 2-0

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
If India cannot get West Indies out before Lunch, I dont think we have those hard hitting skills like Viru and Gambhir possess to win this match. Already 106 runs lead. 92 overs still remain. Hoper we can bat for say 80 overs and have to achieve 180 odd runs

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I reckon the pitch is way better than they've made it look. I wouldn't want to give India 50 overs to bat if I were them.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
132 Runs lead.What a tour it has been for cricket and it's lovers! From hard working amit mishra to a fighting rohit sharma, sensation of andre russell , a lively anthony martin, class of dravid , sammy's determination , silky laxman, patience of abhinav , rebirth of ishant , dhoni's dare, pace of fidel, the old raina , harbhajan's 400, now a debutant's 100 and grit of shiv and the Commitment of WI Team . Cricket at it's very very best.

I have enjoyed this series, although it was low profile. Sammy has been a good leader. Hope the Gayle issue is solved and Sarwan comes back to form or Kirk Edwards continues his form. If that happens then this side looks dangerous at least on home soil

Code:
Career summary
Grouping	Mat	Runs	HS	Bat Av	100	Wkts	BBI	Bowl Av	5	Ct	St	
v India	3	78	25	13.00	0	7	4/52	34.57	0	7	0

Sammy's Stats as player has not been that attractive but I feel he has found a way that is attack. If he can get his defense technique right and then can attack too it would be good for West Indies.

I would love to see Jerome Taylor,Kemar Roach,Ravi Rampaul & Fidel Edwards bowling. Full strength bowling attack without politics. If that happens with the help of bouncy pitches then its going to be awesome for West Indes as those four can destroy the heaviest batting order 7 out of 10 times.

Also if Gayle be back then It would mean a good start for West Indies which they lack so badly. They are usually 1 down by 10 runs. Their highest run partnership is 62 this series although.

My XI if possible without Politics and inform Sarwan

Gayle
Barath
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Samuels
Bravo
Baugh
Sammy
Taylor
Edwards
Roach

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Well, 150 runs lead and this test match will be draw now. Wish we had one more day :p Our bowling is doing everything to get Edwards and Chandi out but they have fought out bravely. 300 runs is what West Indies have reached so far and they have done their part perfectly.

Sobi

Banned
Edward goes!!!!!!!!!! Finally, India can now get atleast Bishoo early and bat out the runs quickly to win the series 2-0

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
dont seem likely for a win

Sobi

Banned
dont seem likely for a win

I don't think even 200 is a big total to chase down on this pitch. Suppose the indians get atleast 40 overs to chase down 200, assuming the last wicket goes down before the 200 lead, then they can still score around 3 runs per over and then we got Raina and Dhoni for some fireworks at the end. It is still possible, atleast I am hoping for a win here.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Dhoni will be in a tight spot now. If the req rate is under 4 everyone will expect India to go for it. But with our depleted batting line-up that would be a serious risk

this

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India have almost 50 overs to face, and they need just 180 runs. Its less than 4 runs per over needed for India. This is a good chance for Dhoni to show some creativity and ask send in Raina and himself at No.3 and 4 to score quickly. Its still at par test match run rate required. India just need to bat like they do in ODI's to win this.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
47 overs to be precise

----------

Thats it, one down we are not chasing this total.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Mukund! He's such a good talent, but god delivers him a killer of a delivery in the form of Fidel Edwards. :(

Users who are viewing this thread