South African Tour of the West Indies, May-June 2010

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's 20 Test match for 3 runs.

BCCI will be out of business with that kinda pitch.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Not sure why there is talk of Gayle resigning as captain. Windies where understrenght all tour and where never going to challenge the Saffies. Gayle remains the best man for the job.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
wait no no!! I found a better joke. ok here. AHeem...

Zimbabwe must have gotten their test status back.

P

pcfan123

Gayle from the looks of things has little control over his team. However, there is no decent replacement, hell there is not even anyone who you can definitively say will be there in 2 years (aside from Gayle)

WestIndian

vBookie Team
It seems everyone in here has the answer for our cricket!!! I will tell you what forward me your resumes and I will drop it at our local board office and since I know the President well, I will put in a good word for you guys!!!

War made an important point, West Indies could still have lost 2-0 or even 3-0, however a team without Sars, Taylor, Edwards, Barath and an out of form Bravo could do no better!! Like it or not that's a fact!!!

Bravo as Captain, not a chance lively on the field is not a requirement for captaincy (otherwise Ntini would be SA captain), Gayle is still the best choice, unless of course we bring Ganga into the team just to captain, why because he is the most successful in the regional game, however he is yet to "command" a spot (and bats open), so that will not happen!!

I have heard nor seen anyone saying hey these guys need more training, or to refine their talent!!! Well that is one of our "major" problems, we put teams, guys that are spread-out over the Caribbean for a tour 2 weeks before the tour, 2 weeks for guys that have or had no competitive cricket for months, and we call it training camp, these are some of the crap that the WICB needs to change and re-open the facilities in Grenada so that guys can come together for a month or more to eat, drink, work, sleep and leave together as a "team", of course that too will not happen, in fact I can already hear the WICB asking me if am mad, or drank too many beers, where am I expecting them to get the money, so that said I know our cricket will continue to suffer!!!

Sure the XI that takes the field goes out there to represent first The West Indies, their country and themselves, but the cricket and the process of cricket starts even before that XI takes the field, it starts in the Boardroom, in the Dressing-room, it ends on the field and if it starts poorly in the Boardroom then it will end in the same manner on the field!!!

P

pcfan123

What should Benn be banned for??

I don't think he should be banned but you have to admit Rabs that his attitude is horrible. He is the most confrontational character in cricket today, always butting his nose into anything that happens on the field.

Steyn should be banned for a match and Benn needs to get a strict talking to/fine

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Benn got banned in Australia for talking while others were pointing bats and pushing. Here he will probably be banned again and Steyn will get of easy.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
I don't think he should be banned but you have to admit Rabs that his attitude is horrible. He is the most confrontational character in cricket today, always butting his nose into anything that happens on the field.

Steyn should be banned for a match and Benn needs to get a strict talking to/fine

Mark I appreciate you openness on this, as long as it is not a one sided issue as it was in Australia mate. And he need to be dealt with internally as well, in terms of chilling, but again we don't know what was said.

You remember an incident between Sars and McGrath some years back?? It was something he said to Sars and he jsut could not handle the response he got and it was a typical West Indian response too eh:D:laugh:laugh

rocky_g

International Cricketer
WTF! Read the video title. Dale Steyn SPITS at Benn! How do you guys not see that!!

People have their head so far up their hole that they don't even see things clearly any more.

Can you please calm down?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Poor meek little Benn, cruelly targeted by yet another mean old fast bowler. :noway

Though I agree spitting like that is worth a match, Benn has blatant discipline issues, the full extent of which can only be known by those who take the field with him. Did he go too far? Was Steyn's reaction disproportionate? We're just not in much of a position to disagree with the match review panel at this stage.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
It could also come down to the match referee himself, what levels each offense comes in at. Crowe deemed that a fine was enough, another referee may think a ban is in order. Whats done is done. Nothing much any of us can do to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread