Important Announcement Regarding Future of PCCL

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I also like to thank you for this wonderful PCCL season but I am sad too since you are leaving it. Hopefully I'll learn a lot from your source code and best wishes for your all upcoming projects.:)

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
It's sad that your leaving, but I think you did a superb job. We all had fun being part of it, and kudos for that. :cheers

And if you can't continue doing this, I think you should just shut it down. Because I don't have faith in any of the PC leaguers. Hardly any of those guys go on to finish the whole thing. I don't know if they will be replace you and your effort. They will never be as active as you were, or put in that much work.

No sequel, unless it gets run by you.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I don't have faith in any of the PC leaguers. Hardly any of those guys go on to finish the whole thing.

That. I wouldn't say shut it down. I'd be quite keen to keep this going. I'm happy to sim games and get things rolling but it would depend on what the team owners want and how much support there would be.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Because I don't have faith in any of the PC leaguers. Hardly any of those guys go on to finish the whole thing.

You just have to choose the right ones to enter, most of the decent ones have very few vacancies, hence you've probably only particpated in ones with less interest, and are therefore less successful and normally going to fail.

Normally the interest on the league is based on the interest of the manager, and I guess it's just the same here, Sohum was very committed to this even running it when he was away, hence it was successful.

I'm sure if you find someone who's generally interested in running it, not just doing it for the sake of it, then it'll be just as successful as this season was.

Admitting I only become active towards the last few games of the season, but thanks anyway Sohum.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This was my first, and perhaps, the only season of a PC league, and sohum, you did a fantastic job. Your work on the website, on the sim, and on the maintenance of the system is worth bowing my head down to you, and say "Well done, sir."

Too bad that the activity was down, but the likes of Abhas, WestIndian, McLovin, User, Themer and many more contributed their best to the PCCL, presented their ideas (for increasing the activity) and it was a nice time watching and participating in all this.

At the last, I would again like to thank you for such a wonderful season.:)

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Thanks sohum for all the work you've done with the league, and the new simulator. Best of luck on your future projects.

On another note, what do we do with the PCCL? Forever disbanded, or do we have someone who wants to run it?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Thanks for all the comments.

With regards to the PCCL, like I said in my post you can post here if you're interested and then the team managers can decide what to do with it.

In previous seasons we had kind of a natural progression as rickyp handed it off the aus5892 who handed it off to me (or more accurately, just left PC in the middle of it).

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Thank you, Sohum. I'm sorry I stopped popping into the forums on a regular basis, but I think CricSim has run it's natural course...

Nikhil1051992

School Cricketer
Hi all,

Does anyone have the source code of PCCS? I am unable to find it out. Or if it is already available in any other forum, can you give me the link please?

Thanks,
Nikhil

Users who are viewing this thread