England In India - October 2011/12

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yea the test will go ahead alright.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2011/content/current/story/526739.html

Indian team not going to that for sure but if its happen in India then England team will do that

England did come back to finish the test series during the Mumbai blasts in November 2008.

"We can't allow these cowards [terrorists] to run our game" - Kevin Pietersen, England's captain then.

I cannot forget those golden words of his.

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/cowards-cant-run-cricket-ill-return-to-india/36108-13.html

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Oh really? Shrikant is the chairman of selectors and you say nothing is in the hands of MSD?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

And my main issue was of the way players where managed, that article proves my point.
Its international cricket, not some gully cricket that you keep making changes in the team.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
What about Rahane, Jaffer, Karthik, Uthappa,etc they are still alive, and are much better than Mukund and Vijay. And they even play more positively than these two

Jaffer, Karthik and Uthappa better than Mukund? Excellent.... Hope you never get anywhere close to any selection committee post. Do you know anything about opening in test cricket? Mukund has been a prolific test scorer in domestic circuit. Also he is replacing an opener. Only Jaffer in that list is an opener, but he is a discard material (given lot of chances and never proved himself well)

P

pcfan123

because there is a difference in pre-teen looting stores and crazy muslims shooting up the city with ak47s, perhaps that is hard to distinguish in your part of the world but that line is pretty damn clear to me

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Back to back centuries against WEST INDIES, and if he "does score runs" but only against the weaker sides and not when it matters, all you've said counts for diddly squat.

Crux is he got four Tests against the aussies and flunked bigtime, he's yet to prove he can do it against the big boys. Never thought I'd be the one arguing against the worth of stats, although I do appreciate they are numbers against the best and worst, they aren't adjusted according to the opposition

Well he should be given a chance to prove himself as players like Bell, Cook, Strauss and Broad have in the past. To pick a completely unproven player (Taylor) as some have said, against someone like Bopara does not make any sense.

Also, I do think the match will go ahead tomorrow. The riots are much worse here in London.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I hope everything settles down and this series is not called off. If so people here will say India got saved and all that BS,(although that would be true)

Manly

Thor
If it is cancelled, England becomes #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Indian team not going to that for sure but if its happen in India then England team will do that

Ahh a nice bit of selective memory. How lovely and typical.

Last time I checked there was a big difference between a terrorist attack and a couple of 12 year olds rioting.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
What was the post by mark concerning muslims? Another internet racist rant?

----------

because there is a difference in pre-teen looting stores and crazy muslims shooting up the city with ak47s, perhaps that is hard to distinguish in your part of the world but that line is pretty damn clear to me

You are obviously using the term "Muslims" in a derogatory way. It was not Muslims who shot up anything, but members of a certain community. I am sure I would become public enemy number one if I started saying it is Christians who have slaughtered tens of thousands of innocent Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention several parts of eastern europe. Or that it is Jews who have killed innocent Muslims throughout the middle east. So lets leave the racist rants out of a cricket forum please.
It's funny how people grow balls behind computer screens.

P

pcfan123

why you use this word

because it paints a much more accurate picture. Pre-teen hoolgians are known to loot stores and set fires to cars/whats immediately around them, there is no actual threat to the Indian cricket team. Crazy muslims are known to kill people indiscriminately in planned attacks with weapons, in fact they killed many in the hotel the English team was due to stay at, so there was a serious and very real threat.

Don't start what you don't want to finish, you drew the comparison, I was just pointing out how invalid it is

Users who are viewing this thread