England In India - October 2011/12

I agree with everyone that although it was Dhoni who in the end get most of the credit for making indian No.1 but it was due to Dravid and for most it was due to Gangully who actually change the face of this team. Dhoni at some places seems to bit selfish and it was his nature, at the start his hit and trials works which you can say as a "fluke(s)" but now he is failing and one of the major reason of his failure is his batting. When a captain has confident in his own skills he can take better decision for the team.

All the sounds from the England camp indicate Bopara at 6 and Bresnan/Tremlett for the final bowling spot.
Shame if you ask me. Should have played 5 bowlers.

tbh though, india have yet to pass 300 and england have been 60ish/5 twice in this series. 4 bowlers is on the money for me.

All my point was that there has been very poor management of players currently, I m blaming MSD aswell because a captain is always involved in the selection and player development process .

See the below article to understand what I mean.

Dravid recall smacks of poor planning: More - Hindustan Times

Dravid's selection was required because India doesn't have any other option, but at the same time it also shows that India has not been able to create a proper bench strength since Dravid and Ganguly were dropped from the ODIs.

Man, you are such a cry baby. You just scrib scrib and scrib over Indian selection and things. They know their job well hence they are on that position. Come on man!! MSD can suggest and request one or 2 players not more, all lies on selectors who have a set of protocol to follow and they select.

I dont even believe when people say Tamil Nadu selection and all. Vijay previously was the best and hence got selected. Mukund is the best opened we can have in absence of Vijay,Gambhir and Sehwag.

Stop crying on selection and management issue and move on. McIntosh suggest a New Zealand name though:rolleyes

I understand what has gone on with Tresco, I was just saying, based on the logic of some of the guys here he should be given a shot. Now, someone mentioned Hildreth, and if anything an argument can be made for his inclusion over Bopara.

On the topic of 5 bowlers, I have been banging on about this for ages. 5 bowlers should be played, especially against an attack as weak as India's.

India in England 2011: India faced with green Edgbaston pitch | Cricket News | England v India 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

"I am not a great believer of having flat, flat, flat wickets," Rouse said. "I always think the new ball should do something. It is a good contest to get a good bowler against a good batsman and then it is bat versus ball for about 90 minutes. And if you nick, you are out. After lunch as the ball gets softer it should even out a bit."

Interestingly, in the last Test played at the ground, between Pakistan and England last August, the pitch took turn from the second day, with Saeed Ajmal taking a five-for. The next day Graeme Swann took a six-wicket haul to help set England an easy target to chase, which they duly did with a nine-wicket victory on the fourth morning.

Rouse ruled out spinners playing such a significant role here, however, mainly due to the prevailing overcast conditions. "It won't turn massively off the straight," he said.

Rouse was unequivocal when asked about England's chances, saying: "England always win at Edgbaston. Always." There is some truth in his words, as in the 45 matches played at the ground, England have won 23 and lost eight. But three of those defeats have come in the last decade.

As a farewell gift, Rouse suggested he wouldn't mind if his favourite cricketer scored a century, if not a double ton. "If Sachin Tendulkar can score a century I will be really happy," Rouse said, before walking out to get the covers on.

All of us know what England or any other western team would have done if they were touring sub continent and same kinds of riots had happened there.

The only fair way to solve this is to make it 2-2 and let India go home.

They know their job well hence they are on that position. Come on man!! MSD can suggest and request one or 2 players not more, all lies on selectors who have a set of protocol to follow and they select.

Oh really? Shrikant is the chairman of selectors and you say nothing is in the hands of MSD?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

And my main issue was of the way players where managed, that article proves my point.
Its international cricket, not some gully cricket that you keep making changes in the team.

I dont even believe when people say Tamil Nadu selection and all. Vijay previously was the best and hence got selected. Mukund is the best opened we can have in absence of Vijay,Gambhir and Sehwag.
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
What about Rahane, Jaffer, Karthik, Uthappa,etc they are still alive, and are much better than Mukund and Vijay. And they even play more positively than these two

Last edited:
yes but Bopara managed 3 back to back centuries. And Bopara does score runs.

Back to back centuries against WEST INDIES, and if he "does score runs" but only against the weaker sides and not when it matters, all you've said counts for diddly squat.

Crux is he got four Tests against the aussies and flunked bigtime, he's yet to prove he can do it against the big boys. Never thought I'd be the one arguing against the worth of stats, although I do appreciate they are numbers against the best and worst, they aren't adjusted according to the opposition

Shahtri and Gavaskar

Shashtri and Gavaskar, Indian commentators whom we trusted and granted the authority to often have the final say about issues in Indian Cricket are paid BCCI employees earning $1 Million a Year.

BCCI is no way evil or anything, but like every other organization needs to be critiqued from time to time. And we thought we had commentators who could question BCCI's decisions.

This Shyte blew up and hit the fan when Nasser "Grumpy" Hussain kept repeating, "I am PAID to have an opinion". What he really meant to convey was that Shashtri's opinion is paid. That was swiftly picked up by the the Indian Media.

Turns out Shashtri actually voted FOR the UDRS when he was in some monkey commitee and after joining BCCI of course changed his views.

Users who are viewing this thread