England In India - October 2011/12

Highlander999

ICC President
Someone slap me and tell me we aren't currently walking all over the supposed number 1's. I know I will wake up soon and it will be 2007 and I'll be watching Steve Harmison about to bowl to Flintoff in the slips and everything will be how it should be with English cricket.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
It's so excruciating watching this. I have woken up at 5am for every single day of this series...

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It's so excruciating watching this. I have woken up at 5am for every single day of this series...

Same here. I also fought with mostly all these English supporters everyday, but I think it is going in waste as I am wasting my energy and my team isn't even doing anything. Sad to say this but it is true. :( I hope they come in good tomorrow.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
England have out bowled India (expected) but unexpectedly out batted them too. Dravid looked very comfortable in the last couple games and Laxman has looked good in bits and pieces.
Dhoni found a little form today but what ever the result of this series will be, the big question that India must ask is "What will we do when our big guns retire?" because in all honesty India does not have depth to match their current no. 1 ranking.
I seriously hope Strauss gets a century, he is deserving. Also, good to see Cook not getting out early for once this series.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

I remember watching every single ball of England in Australia... From the moment that first ball flew to Andrew Flintoff at second slip, I knew it was going to be a long 3 weeks... I empathise with you :)

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I remember watching every single ball of England in Australia... From the moment that first ball flew to Andrew Flintoff at first, I knew it was going to be a long 3 weeks... I empathise with you :)

... and the eternal optimist that I am (when it comes to cricket), even though I know better, I will still get up in the hope that there will be a miracle... None so far.

I think India's target should be getting England for under 300. An 80 run lead (max) on this pitch should be manageable as it will ease up and the barely existent swing that's available right now will have vanished by that time.

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
Always had my doubts with India, looks like the side effects of all that IPL is coming back to kick their arse. England have been nothing short of awesome. India look clueless and found out, easily the worst test team that reached the "number 1" spot - they look unfit and unprepared. About time they get thrown off.

Interested to see how this pitch plays out over the next few days.

Sureshot

Executive member
Ouch. We're not this good - India are just playing terribly.

Well, India aren't playing well. But our seam attack has been on the button every innings and our batting has been resilient when it's needed to be against a toothless attack.

Even if India were playing well, I'd still back us in this form. Without sounding too cocky, I am loving this. We've got our tails up (vestigial limbs ftw) and everything is looking good.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A 4-0 WhiteWash might be a blessing in disguise for India's cricket future.

Some things will be fixed in Indian Cricket.

Not the end of the world.

Hope so. But I am not optimistic about it, seeing the way our selectors and the board functions.

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
With Virender Sehwag back in the Indian side it will be interesting to see if he can recapture his 2008 form against England, he has little preparation but if on form could still make a huge impression on the series

I remember he made one 100 in 2008, but I thought the rest of the time he was pretty poor?

P

pcfan123

jcossack.gif
jcossack.gif

Sobi

Banned
Haha this is really frustrating and funny tbh. I thought India were going to give them a good contest with their full team but they proved me wrong. I have to accept that this England team is truly better than India. India are playing horrible and even I think I wasted my time arguing with some people lol. But its ok. I don't think they would play this horrible all the time. Its just that they aren't good enough to face the quality bowling attack of England team. I hope this team gets some sense in them after this series and don't rest main players from series next time before an important series. How ca you expect players to do well in a series away from home in pacy tracks when you rest those players for like a month before the important clash? Indian cricketers and selectors are showing the world that the place where their brain suppose to be is completely filled with air and nothing else. Even the "god of cricket" can't go past 30 more than once in this series :facepalm The thing that frustrates me the most is that Indian cricketers get injured way too often. They can't bowl 2 innings in a test match without a hamstring injury?

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
India are on a decline. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind with regards to that. Their ace batsmen are all over 35. No matter what class you have, age will catch up with the best of the best. India need to start building for future. I don't see reason for any of Laxman, Dravid or Sachin to continue for much longer. They are just delaying the emergence of youngsters like Kohli. Bowling for India will continue to suck with Zaheer khan being 32 and very fragile. Ishant Sharma could be the only ray of hope for them in that department.
England on the other hand are truly blessed with talent. Broad is finally the bowler he always had the potential to be. Bresnan is turning out to be the allrounder they have been wanting after Freddy. Batting is awesome with question mark over Strauss only. I see them having a much a longer number one reign than India. Big test will come when they visit India but they might just surprise Indian even in their backyard.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
India are on a decline. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind with regards to that. Their ace batsmen are all over 35. No matter what class you have, age will catch up with the best of the best. India need to start building for future. I don't see reason for any of Laxman, Dravid or Sachin to continue for much longer. They are just delaying the emergence of youngsters like Kohli. Bowling for India will continue to suck with Zaheer khan being 32 and very fragile. Ishant Sharma could be the only ray of hope for them in that department.
England on the other hand are truly blessed with talent. Broad is finally the bowler he always had the potential to be. Bresnan is turning out to be the allrounder they have been wanting after Freddy. Batting is awesome with question mark over Strauss only. I see them having a much a longer number one reign than India. Big test will come when they visit India but they might just surprise Indian even in their backyard.

If you're good enough, you're young enough. Dravid, Laxman and Sachin are not holding up spots. They merit those spots on current performance and have earned the right to decide when they want to retire. I don't get this fascination with youth. In test cricket you aren't planning for something definite as you do with the World Cup in ODI cricket. You pick your best players at present, not your best players 3 or 4 years down the line. At the moment, these three are the best #3, 4 and 5 possible for India.

Users who are viewing this thread