Mini Mafia - Town wins!

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've got a feeling you might be lying PD :p As you said, you weren't comfortable making your claim with Barmy still around, so it makes sense that you would target him instead of me, especially since I said I wasn't that suspicious of you anymore yesterday. It also makes sense that you were fine with me roleblocking you when we were going to lynch Manly, as Sim could still make the kill.

Suggesting that I should keep roleblocking Manly incase he's mafia/SK is strange too, when if you are survivor, it's surely unlikely that there'd be another 3rd party as it would be pretty hard for the town in that case.

I dunno, some things just aren't adding up.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I said not to block Manly... pretty sure I did anyway. I said block whichever of Adi/Hedger doesn't get lynched if you believe I'm Survivor. This is why I'm in a bad position. The temptation to lynch me is high because the odds of a town victory are better even if you're wrong.

But i think Barmy was vanilla, I think Hedger is lying as I've said, but it could be Adi. I think if we lynch the right one, then we win, but if mislynch, you block them. If we make it through the night, we know to lynch them, and win :)

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Thing is, although I've said it's good PD has come out as a survivor, I'm not convinced it's not a cover-up as the final mafia member, now wanting to survive each day under the premise he is no threat to the town, picking us off one-by-one. Thoughts?

Also I want to hear from Adi, he's still on my radar as a mafia.

Bet you're all glad I'm still alive, I am never particularly active on D1, I pick up as we get closer to the conclusion.

Yeah makes sense to sit back a bit. I'm still a noob, so I'm being overactive trying to ask questions and figure things out, albeit a bit too early :p This is the longest I've lasted in my 4 games, so I'm pretty chuffed.

It's between Adi and PD for me. Just by process of elimination I've come up with Adi as mafia if PD is telling the truth, but I've had a good feeling about Adi for most of the game and PD has been.. dodgy :spy

----------

@PD the lynch Manly thing was yesterday. If Manly turned up mafia, I was originally going to jailkeep you, then I changed to barmy, then officially to Manly/Sim :p It may have been 2-3 days ago, but yeah D2 :p

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Some of yours aren't, I've said that in this game you've definitely had a lot more that aren't, but some that are. Hedger said he also just finds some of your posts dodgy sounding. I think considering it was the same in the last game, you probably just post in a way that I automatically sort of read as being a bit overly defensive. As you say you play a certain way, and with only two games with you I only know you as mafia, so am probably overly wary of you. Once I've had a confirmed town game with you, I'll find it easier to see your posts in a town light? Does that make sense?

:thumbs That's all I was looking for. I agree I can be overly defensive at times but I don't see it as an issue. I in fact think that it's good but at times, yes, while I'm aggressive it does make me look dodgy/suspicious. All in all, I appreciate you explaining this in detail and yes it does make sense. :)

Also I want to hear from Adi, he's still on my radar as a mafia.

Can I sing for you or something? :p I've provided enough defense over the last few pages and I've also given my views on each and every player. If you've got any questions, go ahead. :)

@Sedition - You're free to block me. :) Though, I've got no idea but since the start of the day, Puddleduck has seemed dodgy to me. He was pretty much cleared for me till yesterday but suddenly after he has role claimed, I've got a little suspicious of him. Hedger on other hand hasn't posted yet so we should wait for him to come online and post his views.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yep definitely need to hear from Hedger. There's still a decent chance that he's a PR and has some info.. though I have a feeling he might've investigated barmy if he's cop, or barmy might've been the cop :facepalm

The other alternative to what I posted seems to be:

2 x mafia (Sim, PD)
1 x jailkeeper (Sedition)
4 x vanilla (barmyarmy, Hedger, Manly, Aditya)

So either barmy had a PR, or someone might need to come clean.. or I'm still completely wrong as usual :p

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
It's 2:30am here in NSW, so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear from Hedger for 12+ hours.

----------

and PD has a lynch still active on Hedger, so that's 1 from the hammer...

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
:p

I think I might have figured something out, but if not, that hasn't stopped me posting in the past.

If PD is lying, then he must be mafia, so there's a reason to lynch him.
If he's telling the truth then this is probably what remains:

1 x mafia
1 x survivor
1 x jailkeeper
2 x vanilla (or another PR)

So, if we lynch town today, mafia kills town tonight and mafia + PD win.

If we lynch mafia, town + PD win (or game continues if SK, which I doubt)

If we lynch survivor, I jailkeep Aditya and if a townie still dies (prob me), we're left with Aditya cleared, Manly cleared and Hedger as the last mafia? If no one dies, then it's likely Adi is mafia, but can't rule out the possibly that the mafia tried to frame him, so I could target Hedger the following night and see what happens.. either way we should end up with 2 town vs. 1 mafia.

----------

With that said, I'm pretty nervous that Hedger sits one from the hammer since if Aditya is mafia, he can wrap the game up now I think?

----------

Lynch: Puddleduck

No reason to keep him around whether his claim is true or not. Has placed two lynches on people I believe to be town despite claiming he's trying to help us.

Also, kinda seems like he and Sim cooked up these roleclaims and since Sim's failed thanks to being under heavy suspicion and barmy coming after him, I can see why PD made his early after getting rid of barmy.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Well that's exactly what I've been saying Sedition. There's a bigger chance of a town win by lynching me, hence why I wasn't sure about claiming. Things online said not to claim early so I just tried playing like I would as Vanilla as I can't really impact things anyway. Seeing Barmy target a suspected Vig for the potential threat they posed, meant I thought he'd probably use the same logic on me. However I wasn't really expecting him to die, I assumed you'd be the one Sedition. Unfortunately the more I've thought about it trying to reason out what's a good plan, the more lynching me has seemed like the least risky thing to do. Like you say, if I am mafia, it's a win anyway surely baring the unlikely even of a SK, whilst if not, you know it's one of Adi or Hedger but you probably die tonight unless you block the right one and it's Manly having to pick one from two, rather than me feasibly just not caring.

However by claiming now, if people believe me and the fact that I know what role I am, from where I am I know Manly must be town due to your role block on him, which means there's a lynch on one of two people. Hedger or Adi. I'm prepared to be swayed that Adi is mafia, but that first night has always left me with the suspicion that Hedger was a roleblocked mafia killer.

As I've said, if we're wrong about Hedger, and it's a mislynch - Then for me Adi has to be mafia.

With a block on Adi, and Hedger lynched (if he's not mafia) we have a night situation of Manly, Me and you. If no kill occurs, then we know Adi has been mafia and we lynch him for the win. If it does, the remaining two lynch me as I would have been lying and town wins.

I believe we can win this with 3 town still alive though, but the reality is lynching me is probably the wisest move. Since I've wanted a town win all game, I can't really ask you to remove it. I'd suggest whoever hammers me could be your final mafia as well, so if you decide to go with it, keep an eye out for them, and maybe roleblock them to get a good chance to win with 3 town alive as well :)

Last edited:

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, nothing personal obviously, it's just a case of if you're telling the truth, we should lynch you and if you're not, the lynch should win us the game :p

If Adi popped up and hammered the lynch on Hedger now and Hedge came up town, then obviously jailkeeping Adi and lynching him on D4 would be the likely scenario. The reason I don't want to risk that is because there's still a chance that Hedger is a PR and needs a chance to post, and there's still the matter of PD potentially being in a win/win situation on D4.

If we lynch PD and he's neutral/survivor, then I jailkeep Adi and if Manly or myself are killed, Hedger is mafia. If the kill is blocked, then either Adi is mafia or Hedger purposely targeted Adi to try to frame him. Following night I block Hedger again, and we see if Adi bites.. If it keeps going we just lynch one and I block the other that night if it's a mislynch and we lynch them the following day.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I don't think so? It seems like a checkmate of the mafia no matter what they do, and if you mean it's against the rules, I'm pretty sure it isn't as there's always the chance I'm genius mafia and making everything up.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Bare in mind that my win-win position on D4 is still one that from my point of view town wins as being sure of Manly means that picking one from Hedger or Adi is easy, as it'll be the one that's still alive. It's just from the genuine town perspective of not being sure, I could happily lynch either. Hence why I'm dangerous.

As I typed this, you've posted about targetting the person you blocked, didn't think about that when writing my scenarios. So technically I wouldn't really be cleared I guess. Another nail in the logical coffin that is to lynch me.

I'd lynch myself if I didn't think we win this if we pick right between Hedger and Adi and by blocking them in the night, we win with 3 town left.

Trying to think what I would do if I was mafia, and I think I would probably have killed you, but in the bizzare chance I didn't, I think I'd have claimed the doc I'd been soft claiming, put the pressure on Manly as potentially still being serial killer whilst saying I saved you, but I'm not, so I didn't think of that. Probably would have worked better for my survivor trying to win as well :p

----------

Also, I've explained my position, not really much more I can say I don't think. Happy to answer any questions, but if you do lynch me, just be wary that you could be dead tonight Sedition, and as such Manly is left having to pick between Adi and Hedger as mafia. Also fair play to whichever one of them is maf, as they've played pretty well masking it.

----------

The town were pleased as they were all alive. However, some of them were pretending, definitely!
]

I actually think User was referring to me and my soft claiming Doc here. I also think when he said there was a problem in the very first post, "and actually maybe one more problem", I also think he was referring to me. As a sort of aside, I am a problem, but only maybe. Whilst the fact I can't kill or have any actions means I am only maybe a problem.

It's a risk me revealing my role, but I have a feeling there was never more than 3 townies maximum and that Barmy was one of them. He was too helpful and investigative for a PR and since Manly is almost certainly town, one of Adi and Hedger has been lying. I suspect Hedger might now claim a PR and attempt to finger me. I also find it a little weird you can block on successive nights the same person... I think it powers town massively, and as such don't believe there's a Cop or Doc in this game. If I recall Hedger was one who was keen for PR's to claim, tried to confirm if I was doc a lot, which I then hoped I made seem obvious I wasn't.

Been suspicious of since the first night, and just from process of elimination I can't look past him as mafia now. That said, if he's lynched and town then Adi is a far cannier player than I realised :p

----------

Still, no point me continuing to finger Hedger, gonna be interesting to hear what he's going to say, because I'm fairy convinced he is.

Users who are viewing this thread