New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

S

Satan666

I thought you were dead!:p;)

Haha, nah mate I am alive and kicking, the mods have to approved my posts before it goes on the board, so kinda curtailing my posting these days, how things with you?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
No one here is a Dhoni hater. Just to get it right. But the facts speak for themselves. Cannot help if you are too blind to see that.

Btw, his inclusion and naming him captain of the ICC XI does not surprise me one bit. The team that they have selected is grossly stupid. You dont seem to find the likes of Amla or De Villiers in. But you do have a great cricketer leading it who led his side to 'zero' finals last year.[+ 1 defeat vs Bangaldesh]

3 Cheers for the ICC :cheers

Epic's already mentioned in, but AB and Amla scored less than 500 ODI runs between August 2011 and August 2012. Compare with Kohli who scored 1733. And Dhoni over those 12 months: 859 runs, AVG: 78.98, S/R: 95.23. Think it's fair to say he's played pretty well.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you take the top 15 run scorers (600+ runs) against the top eight countries from August 4 2011 and August 6 2012, the six players who average over 40 are the six batsmen in the ODI team of the year, hence the ICC have got it 100% spot on.

1. Dhoni (India) - 838 @ 76
2. Kohli (India) - 1667 @ 67
3. Clarke (Aus) - 759 @ 51
4. Cook (Eng) - 882 @ 46
5. Sangakkara (SL) - 1451 @ 44
6. Gambhir (India) - 993 @ 43

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

spooony

Club Captain
If you take the top 15 run scorers (600+ runs) against the top eight countries from August 4 2011 and August 6 2012, the six players who average over 40 are the six batsmen in the ODI team of the year, hence the ICC have got it 100% spot on.

1. Dhoni (India) - 838 @ 76
2. Kohli (India) - 1667 @ 67
3. Clarke (Aus) - 759 @ 51
4. Cook (Eng) - 882 @ 46
5. Sangakkara (SL) - 1451 @ 44
6. Gambhir (India) - 993 @ 43

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Aah the beauty of Stats. They show some but do not reveal the most important bits.

Amla avg over 72 in 2011 and over 94 for 2012 and he is not even in that squad! What a joke lol

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Aah the beauty of Stats. They show some but do not reveal the most important bits.

Amla avg over 72 in 2011 and over 94 for 2012 and he is not even in that squad! What a joke lol

The qualification period is August To August, not mid Sep to mid Sep, hence Amla's domination of England doesn't count. These are his proper stats through the qualification period, in which he only played 8 ODI games, hence my original stats were correct...

Through those 8 games yes he did average 52, but he only scored 419 runs while the likes of Kohli and Sanga scored 3 - 4 times that. Using a moderate qualification (600+ runs) like I did above, he doesn't make the cut, and using that qualification the top six batsmen average wise are the exact top six in the ICC ODI team.

Using a low qualification of 400+ runs against the top eight teams, only two of the top six would be the same as above, because AB, Taylor (Zim), KP, and Amla would all be there despite all playing less than 10 games.

So it's not a joke that he's not there, he's not there because he didn't play enough ODI cricket during the qualification period...

Last edited:

spooony

Club Captain
The qualification period is August To August, not mid Sep to mid Sep, hence Amla's domination of England doesn't count. These are his proper stats through the qualification period, in which he only played 8 ODI games, hence my original stats were correct...

Through those 8 games yes he did average 52, but he only scored 419 runs while the likes of Kohli and Sanga scored 3 - 4 times that. Using a moderate qualification (600+ runs) like I did above, he doesn't make the cut, and using that qualification the top six batsmen average wise are the exact top six in the ICC ODI team.

Using a low qualification of 400+ runs against the top eight teams, only two of the top six would be the same as above, because AB, Taylor (Zim), KP, and Amla would all be there despite all playing less than 10 games.

So it's not a joke that he's not there, he's not there because he didn't play enough ODI cricket during the qualification period...

I did not count the domination of England. Again his average for 2011 was 74. Jan to Dec. That is a year. Its a huge joke just like the rankings.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I did not count the domination of England. Again his average for 2011 was 74. Jan to Dec. That is a year. Its a huge joke just like the rankings.

How is that relevant, when the team was selected based on ODIs played "between August 4, 2011 and August 6, 2012"?

spooony

Club Captain
How is that relevant, when the team was selected based on ODIs played "between August 4, 2011 and August 6, 2012"?

odi.jpg
odibow.jpg

So no 8 and no 9 in the ICC Rankings are the the top players in the world this year and the no 2 ranked batsman in the world is not good enough? ICC contradicting themselves by giving us "rankings" then totally picking opposite. Just proof how worthless these awards are. Would FIFA leave Messi out the team of the year because he played less games?

I took your dates 4 Aug 2011 - 4 Aug 2012

Cook - Played 9 Avg 50.66
Amla - Played 8 Avg 52.37

So your criteria of doing well against the top 8 teams with best averages are completely wrong as India and Pakistan are 2 teams not 8.

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I took your dates 4 Aug 2011 - 4 Aug 2012

Cook - Played 9 Avg 50.66
Amla - Played 8 Avg 52.37

So your criteria of doing well against the top 8 teams with best averages are completely wrong as India and Pakistan are 2 teams not 8.

Your stats are wrong... The stats I posted above about Cook are right.

That ICC ODI team is correct based 100% on stats, fact, the rankings are another story, because like you say it doesn't really make much sense. At a guess I'd say that the rankings only go down if players perform badly, and neither Amla or AB really have, it's just that they simply haven't played enough matches.

Re Messi, if he only plays 1/3 of a season (i.e. like Amla and AB have effectively done compared to other players), then I don't think that he'd make the FIFA team of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread