Requests Thread

TSPrathik

#titanup
SRH...
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I'm looking for a cover image for the replacement for the vBookie section over on the new forum.

As there's usage rights involved in using actual photos, unless you've got some you've taken yourself, I'm looking for something based on just general patterns and things like that. So like a background with a football goal, a cricket ball, etc.

There needs to be the logo (same colours as the current one) and some text over the top of it, so it needs to be fairly plain.

As it's vBookie, the one I choose can have 200k vCash and a usertitle.

made them in five minutes

Cricket
W4xsOQf.png

N0CpncC.png

Football
n4IbRRI.png

ju5QQVC.png

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
made them in five minutes
I believe it.

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I need. Firstly it needs to be just the background, there just needs to be one, and you can't just use random photos you found.

TSPrathik

#titanup
SRH...
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I believe it.

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I need. Firstly it needs to be just the background, there just needs to be one, and you can't just use random photos you found.

Well, that wasn't expected.
Will try my best and try to made another one not similar to the one I've posted. Will try something new

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Oh, I think I realised the mistake you made -
There needs to be the logo (same colours as the current one) and some text over the top of it, so it needs to be fairly plain.

I meant that because the logo and text need to be able to be put over the top of it - the background image you're making needs to be plain. Not that you need to make a background and put the logo and some text on top of it.

You're replacing this part of what's currently there with an image that's more relevant to sport and vBookie.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I also had a try!

Attachments

• VBOOKIE.png
    VBOOKIE.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 21
  • VBOOKIE3.png
    VBOOKIE3.png
    46 KB · Views: 15
  • VBOOKIE4.png
    VBOOKIE4.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 14

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I also had a try!
I like the direction of the background on the first one - but again note, you don't need to include the logo. It won't even be called vBookie on the new forum - just make sure the logo is readable on the background you make.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Here's my try @MattW
It looks okay, but it's not really getting at the kind of thing I want.

Here's something I found on google that's in the direction of what I'm thinking -
McTyAAF.jpg

But the limitation being that for image rights reasons, unless you took the photo yourself or find one on flickr or similar with a totally free license (a link to the source image would be needed) - we can't use something based on photos in the header, so vectors or patterns of those kind of shapes that still gives off the same sense of being about sport.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I like the direction of the background on the first one - but again note, you don't need to include the logo. It won't even be called vBookie on the new forum - just make sure the logo is readable on the background you make.

I ll make another one without bookie logo. And don't worry the logo would be readable.

TSPrathik

#titanup
SRH...
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
another try @MattW bro
the grey box was placed so that the text can be seen. If the colour has to be changed i can change it.
made two versions Cricket and Football.
Pics taken from flickr which was mentioned above in your post.

IkL5122.png

RzcaOM3.png

Original Pic Links
Picture 1 Picture 2

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
One image covering multiple sports would be the ideal.

With the photo thing - the important thing is usage rights, not just that it came from that particular site. Both of those images are 'All rights reserved' which means we can't use them.

On flickr you'd need to find ones that are Creative Commons with Commercial use and modificiations allowed.

If you don't understand image licensing, best to just stick to things you've made yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread