Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
I *think* that Funbox are just the distributor? I think it's still Tru Blu that are publishing.
Yeah, I probably meant distributor. I was going on the basis of the RLL2 listing being under 'Alternative Software' rather than Tru Blu, but the old gen versions of DBC are listed under Tru Blu, so it's probably not an indicator either way.

The 56.06 price just screams temporary, and when I converted it the first time I saw it, it was AU$99, making me think they just converted the Australian RRP.

Yeah I thought they were the distributor?

They also distributed the PS3, XB 360 and PC version back in July 2014.

Release Schedule – Funbox Media Ltd

Yeah. It was a very odd thing: Alternative distributed the original release, but Funbox took over when the PC version came out (and looks like they took over the console versions too).[DOUBLEPOST=1422005906][/DOUBLEPOST]
The 56.06 price just screams temporary, and when I converted it the first time I saw it, it was AU$99, making me think they just converted the Australian RRP.

Totally likely. I think they're still working on it (they've added the box art and some screens, although I can't tell whether those are screens from the PS3/360/PC version)

ALSO that horrible "Sir Don Bradman, a revolution in Cricket and now an evolution in gaming." line has made a reappearance. Hate, hate, hate that.

(they've added the box art and some screens, although I can't tell whether those are screens from the PS3/360/PC version)
They are from the new consoles. The grass being the main difference in the first two screens, and in the net practice one, there's a rather odd thing that I noticed while playing the PS4 version with the single dot texture stretched, rather than repeating in the hud.

They are from the new consoles. The grass being the main difference in the first two screens, and in the net practice one, there's a rather odd thing that I noticed while playing the PS4 version with the single dot texture stretched, rather than repeating in the hud.

Reading that back it sounded like it was an insult: I meant no disrespect by that comment - I genuinely have difficulty telling the difference between PS4 and PS3 games. I haven't yet gone "next gen" (/current gen) and have a low spec PC so I'm still rooted in the past!
I've got some time booked this week with the office consoles, so I'll be up to speed in time to JUDGE this thing when it comes. :)

Will i be able to purchase the digital copy of DBC 14 from PS store?

Reading that back it sounded like it was an insult: I meant no disrespect by that comment - I genuinely have difficulty telling the difference between PS4 and PS3 games. I haven't yet gone "next gen" (/current gen) and have a low spec PC so I'm still rooted in the past!
I've got some time booked this week with the office consoles, so I'll be up to speed in time to JUDGE this thing when it comes. :)
I'd agree in general - the thing really comes down to the fact that the PS3 and 360 were really high spec machines for their times, being huge loss leaders at the start of the generation meant they delivered better on the jump compared to PS2/Xbox.

Nothing has interested me so far to even consider looking at getting one of the new consoles - and I'd certainly get a Wii U before either of the other ones at the moment. Hopefully all the games I want keep coming to PC and that the 3DS keeps quenching my Nintendo thirst.

I went into my local Game store today and tried to pre-order DBC on PS4 (as I was advised to do over Twitter) and was told after a few minutes of searching that they must only be selling it online as they don't have the facility to pre-order the game in store.

Slightly disappointed is an understatement as I was planning on trading in a couple of games when I collected my copy.

I went into my local Game store today and tried to pre-order DBC on PS4 (as I was advised to do over Twitter) and was told after a few minutes of searching that they must only be selling it online as they don't have the facility to pre-order the game in store.

Slightly disappointed is an understatement as I was planning on trading in a couple of games when I collected my copy.

Its not on game's website yet either so probably not on their system at all. I'd give it a couple of weeks and try again nearer release.

Yeah i had same problem for the 360 release with game. Wasn't on their system until a week to release so i guess it'll be the same this time round

I usually go to Game but the misses told me to use my £40 Amazon voucher so looks like thats bought then :cheers:yes:thumbs

Pre-order placed with Amazon.co.uk:D:D:clap:clap:clap

Last edited:
The UK release for DBC 14 was a shambles last year, soul destroying for us here that developed and "own" the game.

I can only hope that it is turned around for this release - early signs from you all here are not good though :(

I am told it will be everywhere on the High Street including ASDA, etc...

The UK release for DBC 14 was a shambles last year, soul destroying for us here that developed and "own" the game.

I can only hope that it is turned around for this release - early signs from you all here are not good though :(

I am told it will be everywhere on the High Street including ASDA, etc...
Yep i spoke to Marc Clemens from uk distributor over xmas & he said that there were 2 confirmed at that time Amazon & ASDA & were hoping Game aswell. But so far Game have nothing. Ordered mine from Amazon:cheers:cheers

I had to pre order my Xbox 360 copy online through game, and to this day have never seen a physical copy of DB14 instore anywhere. Bloody shame too cos its a very good game. Wish I'd have got the steel book!!

flipkart.com selling DBC14 PS4 at Rs.200 less, so for just Rs. 4099/-. Anybody interested should pre-order it now :cheers (India only)

@Ross Is it tru blu that distributes DBC to other countries. If so why aren't they doing a better job at promoting this game. It seems like those poor English folk are having a hard time at pre ordering the game. Whereas I had no trouble here in Australia

Users who are viewing this thread