Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
I tweeted my local GAME store asking them if they will be stocking it when it is released in the UK and their response was "I think the only way we can say for sure that we'll get one in is if you pre-order it otherwise we may not receive any"

I am slightly disappointed by this. Is there going to be so few copies that stores will only receive them if someone pre-orders it?
The price on Amazon may not drop too much. If they are the sole seller in the UK upon release then they can charge what they want. But the devs of this game have a say in this. Some may call it supply and demand. I call it legalised extortion. At this price point the game is going to get crucified by the reviewers and so it should.
Blockbusting game The Order is out on ps4 the week after. Max price is £44. Millions have been spent on this game on both development and promotion. Its going to be a truly next gen game. DBC is simply and upscaled port with little attention given to enhancement. If a company wanted to sabotage the release of a game and guarantee a bad press, then they couldn't have done any better than they have with DBC. They have had plenty of time to prepare for next gen consoles. lets not forget when the game was originally released on ps3 etc it was unfinished and the bugs rendered it virtually unplayable. Yes these were fixed only after a significant amount of bad press(justified)
I really loved dbc14 on the 360(eventually) It was one of the games of the year for me. I will eventually buy it on ps4 but not until the price has dropped. I will be buying the order instead.

Quite a lot of balderdash and mistruth in this to be honest, but just to pick you up on the top two:
1) Devs don't have much say in the price at all: it's usually the publisher's call that they make with the distributors/platform holders.
2) There was almost no "bad press" about DBC. Reviews were all largely positive (in fact, it's one of the better-rated cricket games of all time.) It certainly wasn't "virtually unplayable" which is a massive misnomer.

Big Ant haven't suggested it is anything more than a straight port.

If you want to buy other games, buy other games. But there's only going to be the one cricket game on the new consoles for the foreseeable future, you either want a cricket game or you don't - it's a niche game, the comparison to big titles is irrelevant.

It's expensive because they can't rely on volume making up for only getting small amounts per copy. It's far easier to take the risk of losing a few sales for being too expensive compared to losing money because they've sold slightly more with a much smaller margin.

Comparisons to similar things make DBC a pretty good deal - Rugby 15 for example is £40 - for a game with no online play, a single stadium, no career mode, bad graphics and broken gameplay. But, if you want a Rugby Union game on the new consoles, it's your only choice. I'd much rather be a cricket game fan, even if it means another £15.

Indeed high prices for Big Ant's games mean that DBC14 has kept its value on the used market - so sell your old gen copy and you'll make at least half the cost of the game on PS4.

Anyone that compares the price of games without comparing volume lost me before they even started.

I've said for years now that our games will hold their price and that any discount comes from the distributor/retailer - we will retain our margin - this is no surprise to anyone that follows our games, especially DBC. Our four year old AFL game now sells for more than last years game/DLC.

There are so many good sports that don't get a game at all because of the potential volume of sales - badminton, gaelic football, squash, hurling, etc... it's all about volume/price.

Regards to pricing I look at it this way - how much time will you spend on the game. Lot of DBC players have logged more than 100 hrs and that itself means it's almost akin to less than a buck per hour. Surely nothing can really beat that.

Regards to pricing I look at it this way - how much time will you spend on the game. Lot of DBC players have logged more than 100 hrs and that itself means it's almost akin to less than a buck per hour. Surely nothing can really beat that.

Few Logged more than 1000 hrs too..:p:p

All i can say about pricing is who cares!! This is a amazing game and as many have said before will be for a longtime to come.

I can't wait to be playing this again as not been on it since i got my PS4 in Sept Great job Big Ant.

This gives ne a chance to start again as i sucked at it on PS3 lol

I am still playing this game , since I got my copy with sand on from Dubai back in April !
The ai is good the feel of the game is spot on , you get out its your fault .
Just such a great cricket game , never off my PS3 , had PS4 since it's being released and its covered in dust but not from the 13/02/15 ..

There are so many good sports that don't get a game at all because of the potential volume of sales - badminton, gaelic football, squash, hurling, etc... it's all about volume/price.

I used to love playing gaelic football and hurling on my old PS2....still have the games!

It should be 'Funbox Media' as they are the publishers of the game in the UK rather than Tru Blu.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tru-Blu-Entertainment-DONP400-Bradman/dp/B00SDCLVIW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422001383&sr=8-3&keywords=don bradman cricket

^I don't remember seeing DBC listed on Amazon UK by Tru Blu before, is this an updated listing? Price doesn't seem to have changed (before anyone starts, no i'm not complaining about the price).

Yeah: it's the same listing. They've just added the artwork.[DOUBLEPOST=1422004696][/DOUBLEPOST]
It should be 'Funbox Media' as they are the publishers of the game in the UK rather than Tru Blu.

I *think* that Funbox are just the distributor? I think it's still Tru Blu that are publishing.

Users who are viewing this thread