Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
Ross can I buy the game on the north american sony store?

It will be only available online on North America, otherwise physical copies would have to be shipped in.

I will get a message to the distributors that Game are saying they don't have it.

I do not understand the fluctuation in price upwards and will look into it.

@RedskinsUK if people are getting it cheaper then I would hope that the final price paid is the lowest one, hopefully there is price matching (regardless of the fact that you are using a certificate).

I really appreciate the feedback about the UK release as it will help us make sure it's a better process next time around.

UK summary as best I can tell-

Amazon UK do do price matching in that anyone who pre-ordered at a higher price will get a the lower price if the price drops before release however the Amazon price has not changed at all so far from the initial £56.06.

Grainger Games have it up for £39.99

Funbox themselves are selling it direct on UK eBay and it is here that the price has changed, starting at £41.99, going up to £49.99 and has now dropped again to £44.99. These price changes have only been for the ps4 version. The XB1 version has remained at £41.99. EBay does not do price matching like Amazon do, so you pay what the price is when you make your order.

So far neither asda or game are listing it on their websites and as people have said, game are not taking preorders in store. So far as I know asda do not generally do pre orders in store with the exception of a few big titles like FIFA, CoD or GTA.

In the uk which do we think is the best place to order my ps4 version and get it early the likes of Thursday
Ross this must be doing your head in, with the shambles of releasing ps4/xbox1 in the uk again!
It's worse then the PS3 release over here, I am the biggest fan of this game and want it to be a commercial success .
We hardly have anyone offering online, nothing in shops , we are 6 days from release . Most leading gaming websites picked up on the announcement of next gen version , then next to nothing .
One press release with a next gen video and release date on it , could have got it out there over here and back on the gaming websites.
This is not a criticism of you .
Just feel sports fans are missing out on best sports games out there

In the uk which do we think is the best place to order my ps4 version and get it early the likes of Thursday.
I've ordered from Funbox Media on eBay (link a page or two back in this thread) they are promising to dispatch pre orders on Tuesday using First Class post so could be with us as early as Wednesday. But Grainger games are the cheapest and claim to ship most pre orders first class two days before release. If you want a big name seller, Amazon are by some way the most expensive but if you pay for 'first class' delivery, they usually deliver on release day (Friday) but I'd check the item listing for details.

I popped into see my local independent gaming retailer, he told me that they were having difficulty in obtaining the game from Funbox Media, he was prepared to put in a order as with the world cup coming up he envisages interest in the game but at the moment Funbox are messing him about.

As Graham says it would be a shame if the UK launch is not good.

Thanks
Got Amazon order but will give funbox ago , if they send early.
Funbox know have feb 13th release day I just noticed . Placed order and it says delivery Tuesday get in

Last edited:
I will get a message to the distributors that Game are saying they don't have it.

I do not understand the fluctuation in price upwards and will look into it.

@RedskinsUK if people are getting it cheaper then I would hope that the final price paid is the lowest one, hopefully there is price matching (regardless of the fact that you are using a certificate).

I really appreciate the feedback about the UK release as it will help us make sure it's a better process next time around.

Thanks Ross

Yeh Amazon have said the final price is not confirmed so im expecting a refund post release.

COME ON 1 Week till launch & World Cup Starts:yes:thumbs

[QUOTE="warpfactor, post: 2915492, member:
So far neither asda or game are listing it on their websites and as people have said, game are not taking preorders in store. So far as I know asda do not generally do pre orders in store with the exception of a few big titles.

MVG wont be online going forward at ASDA

So for all the Saffas BT games are selling it at R789 on the PS4 which rounds off to 45.02 pounds.

I have been I I to grainger games and they are only taking preorders. They will not be stocking the game. Game were only told of the release date yesterday and each store hopes to get a max of two games. But they won't have a price until next Thursday and they won't be taking any pre orders . The manager of game Sheffield that they had been unable to get a single copy of the ps3 and 360 version. He said the distributers are a nightmare to deal with.

I have gone with Amazon.

This is not Big Ant's fault but it does look like a bit of a botched launch in the UK. The distributor should be cashing in on the start of the world cup, there will be interest from sports gamers in the UK if the game is marketed properly. At the very least there should be some point of sale publicity material at the GAME etc. Instead there is nothing, independent retailers aren't being supplied with the game. I went to my local Game store and they had to stop taking pre-orders after they reached 10 (5 for PS4 and 5 for Xbox One) as that is the stock that they have been promised. Even worse at my local Asda which one of the big superstores, they are not taking any pre-orders and according to their list for next week they are not getting the game in.

We all know that DBC is a fantastic game it is just a huge shame that the distributors are letting it down.

Lets not start bashing the distributors as we don't know anything really about what's happening. maybe monday it will be everywhere seen/heard as its launch week.. If say tuesday/weds we are still in this situation then yes go ahead and blame them but we can't just yet as last time round was even worse so theres some progress ;)

I have this game on PS3 and am a huge fan however I don't really use it anymore for various reasons. I initially planned on buying the PS4 release of Don Bradman but a couple of weeks ago I bought a new computer which would be capable of running the game quite comfortably. So does anyone have any suggestions, should I buy the PS4 version when it releases or just buy the PC version now? (The fact the game is listed as £56.06 on Amazon is leaning me in favour of PC)

I have this game on PS3 and am a huge fan however I don't really use it anymore for various reasons. I initially planned on buying the PS4 release of Don Bradman but a couple of weeks ago I bought a new computer which would be capable of running the game quite comfortably. So does anyone have any suggestions, should I buy the PS4 version when it releases or just buy the PC version now? (The fact the game is listed as £56.06 on Amazon is leaning me in favour of PC)
Well the question is what do you prefer to play games on? PC or console?

Personally I prefer console because it's easier to pick up and play and of course nothing beats playing games sitting on your sofa in front of the big screen! :)

I'm curious since I am not tech savvy. Would Big Ant be better off releasing DBC as a downloadable game through a few trusted online distribution centers rather on disc (since there are no region restrictions anymore - especially for the Xbox 1)? I think the cost of the game would be reasonable priced and more accessible to all who wants to purchase the game. Possibility of even selling more games since its now more global with more markets. I'm in the USA and a downloadable version I think would be good for Canada, USA or even a few fans in the Caribbean. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread