England tour to South Africa December 2015/February 2016

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The comparisons between Stokes and Flintoff pretty much started when Stokes came into the team. I think we can safely say that Stokes is a better batsman than Flintoff ever was.

Can Stokes get to Flintoff's standard with tha ball? He's got so much potential with the ball and I think he can. If he does he'll go down as an all time great.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The comparisons between Stokes and Flintoff pretty much started when Stokes came into the team. I think we can safely say that Stokes is a better batsman than Flintoff ever was.

Can Stokes get to Flintoff's standard with tha ball? He's got so much potential with the ball and I think he can. If he does he'll go down as an all time great.

He's better with Bat and Ball than Flintoff was at the same stage. Flintoff became an excellent bowler, and a useful batsman. My hunch is Stokes may be a mirror image.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Rabada is bowling too many no balls. Is it just me who wants Abbott, Steyn and Philander to stay injured just so we can see Paterson and Viljoen/ De Lange as they have deserved to get a cap which brings me to my next point. Id love to see all these players in the domestic circuit just to see how they do...

bigred

Club Captain
Have umpires been instructed not to look at the front foot anymore? We only get no balls at the fall of a wicket these days. It's shocking.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
If Rabada bowls another over with 2 short balls I will loose it...

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
What an innings by Stokes so far, makes a mockery of those who thought he should be dropped for Woakes! There was a point yesterday where I thought England would limp along to 300 all out. Absolutely woeful by SA this session though, leaking 8 runs an over is nothing short of pathetic at this level.

PokerAce

Banned
Its been carnage since start of play. Well played Stokes (I always have this guy in my fantasy squads, when England are playing), what a swashbuckling knock. I don't think I have seen a SA bowling line-up look this clueless ever.

Having said that, if the pitch stays this good for batting, SA will (should anyway) have a few things to say yet.

That last Peidt over ... ouch !

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Bairstow flicks the ball in the air. Put a square leg and mid wicket and bowl on his pads. Atleast try have a plan Amla...

dp458

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
He's better with Bat and Ball than Flintoff was at the same stage. Flintoff became an excellent bowler, and a useful batsman. My hunch is Stokes may be a mirror image.
I agree the batting is destructive, he just needs to use his brain a bit more in certain situations, which is why I was saying he should swap with bairstow in the order, but after this knock. I'm convinced the other way, especially as bairstow looks like he can bat better with the tail with his cricket brain

And regarding woakes I was only saying as I was getting frustrated with stokes as he has all the talent but was averaging in the 20s. But as botham says he plays as he is xfactor and balances the side

bigred

Club Captain
I guess I won't be needing to have the conversation about why he's batting at 6 and not lower for a while. ;)

I seem to remember that it was only about a year ago that you were in the Woakes over Stokes camp. Assume you've been convinced by Stokes?

dp458

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Also lets not underestimate how good a knock bairstow has produced[DOUBLEPOST=1451816619][/DOUBLEPOST]Also lets not underestimate how good a knock bairstow has produced

Users who are viewing this thread