Australia tour of South Africa, 2008/09

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Weren't they two South African umpires who reported Botha?

No it was Asoka Da Silva. Fact remains of all these players who have been reported there is one common factor. They were playing against australia.

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
No it was Asoka Da Silva. Fact remains of all these players who have been reported there is one common factor. They were playing against australia.

That may be true, but if it was a big conspiracy by Australia why on earth wouldn't they have organised to have him reported at the start of the summer??? Why wait until Botha has derailed us in 9 ODIs???? If they really have some sort of control over reporting of actions, then they sure aren't using it very well...

Anyone can come up with conspiracies. Here's one: Isn't it convenient that Shane Bond might be back in the selection frame for NZ just AFTER the Indians toured?? Now the BCCI can give their nod of approval to any ex-ICL players being selected without having to face any of them for a while. Seems awfully convenient, especially since Bond took 12 wickets in the 2 Tests on India's last tour to NZ.

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Weren't they two South African umpires who reported Botha?
Rudi Koertzen was the third umpire and he reported Botha along with De Silva. So it was one South African and one Sri Lankan. And we all know how much South Africans love Australians and hate South Africans.

stefan

International Coach
That may be true, but if it was a big conspiracy by Australia why on earth wouldn't they have organised to have him reported at the start of the summer??? Why wait until Botha has derailed us in 9 ODIs???? If they really have some sort of control over reporting of actions, then they sure aren't using it very well...

Anyone can come up with conspiracies. Here's one: Isn't it convenient that Shane Bond might be back in the selection frame for NZ just AFTER the Indians toured?? Now the BCCI can give their nod of approval to any ex-ICL players being selected without having to face any of them for a while. Seems awfully convenient, especially since Bond took 12 wickets in the 2 Tests on India's last tour to NZ.

If it only happened once or twice I could call it coincidence but like I said before each end every time a bowler gets reported its in a match featuring australia. So either the umpires aren't the watching the bowlers closely when the aussies aren't playing or there's something else going on. I obviously have no proof its just a feeling I get because of there being only one common factor in all of these cases.

If the bond incident happens 6 times then can call it a conspiracy but a once off isn't enough for me.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
each end every time a bowler gets reported its in a match featuring australia
Yes, each and every time out of the times people have chosen to mention. Hearsay does not make for exhaustive lists.

What about Shabbir Ahmed? James Kirtley? Abdur Razzak?

The fact is that when Botha was last reported, he was banned. It wasn't a baseless accusation.

You'd think, if it had no basis in fact, then the player would have no case to answer. This was the situation for Harbhajan, for Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee. Who was the conspirator behind those reports?

Or perhaps there was none.

stefan

International Coach
We aren't going to agree on this so its rather pointless to continue down a dead end. Its just better if we agree to disagree.

Back to the cricket. M.Morkel and Ntini will play in the last odi. They will replace botha and parnell.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I'm suprised that North didn't get a go. After his impressive Test series, he didn't get picked. I guess that Stuart Clark will be dissapointed as well because he was flown over mid-series, which I would of thought that he would play. Particuarly considering that Clark is one of Australia's experienced and senior bowlers.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hes probably just training with them, he will then fly with then to Pakistan where he should get some game time.

Users who are viewing this thread