Complete Players Rating Guide For New Members (and older ones)

Did this guide came up to your expectations?

• Yes

• Probably

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey folks,
We have been here for so many years and have been the part of many leagues in the past. The only thing which worries a league organizer is "How can I get a realistic result? Which rating should I follow? And obviously the first thing which comes to ones mind is Dipak's Rating Guide for Cricsim. His rating guide is really good and can be followed. Although, many of us have still struggled to get realistic and accurate results. For this reason, I posted a guide which can be followed to get most realistic result in limited overs. But still the FC/Test rating is very difficult and can't get a realistic result for just rating them randomly.

I and @VC the slogger got togather and thought of posting a complete guide for rating the players and thanks to Varun for his help throughout. So here we go....

Well, I'm following something different and have got most accurate result in my Essel Cricket League (partially followed Dipak's rating guide for skills though(average & strike rate).

Rating Guide For Cricket Simulators (Cricsim) By @Sodium
(Based on player's Form & Skill)

Ratings for Batsman:

You should be very careful while rating the players with their batting skill points. I will be dividing the points (Out of 100) into two categories of 50 each.
  • Current Form – 50 points
  • Batting Skills – 50 points

Points allocation according to current form:
(Player’s form in international/domestic cricket)
  • Terrific form of life = 40-50 (Players like Virat Kohli, Kane Williamson, AB De Villiers etc…)
  • Making some important contribution = 30-39 (players like Dwayne Bravo, Ajinkya Rahane, Shane Watson, Alex Hales, George Bailey etc…)
  • Struggling to score runs = 20-29 (Players like Shikhar Dhawan, Marlon Samuels, Glenn Maxwell etc…)

Skill Points Allocation: (Based on Strike Rate and/or Average)
(Player’s condition in international/domestic cricket)

• Ultimate kings = 43-50 (players who are adopting to conditions and are at top of ranking. These players have big average & strike rates in all formats. Ex: Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Kane Williamson, Hashim Amla, Steven Smith etc..)
  • Slow starters = 35-42 (Players who start with defensive mind set and can change the game within 5-10 overs. These players have considerable average & strike rates in all formats. Ex: Faf Du Plessis, Kieron Pollard, Thisara Perera, Dilshan, MS Dhoni)
  • Game Changers = 25-34 (Players who are low rated finisher coming down the order and can start smashing every ball they face. These players have low average but big strike rates in all formats. Ex: Hardik Pandya, Carlos Brathwaite, Mitchell Marsh etc….)
Finally, club the points and allot the final points to the players in the simulator.
Ex: Virat Kohli = 45 (current form) + 45 (batting skill) = 90 points

Ratings for Bowlers

Rating bowlers is very simple and is same to that of rating the batsman. Divide the points (Out of 100) into two categories of 50 each.

• Deadly Bowlers = 25-34 (players like Mustafizur Rehman, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Jasprit Bumrah etc…)
  • Giving the crucial breakthroughs = 35-42 (players like Dwayne Bravo, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami etc…)
  • Struggling to take wickets = 43-50 (players like Ishant Sharma, Ravi Jadeja, Sachitra Senanayake etc…)

• Deadly Bowler = 12-22 (Players who are confirmed to take 2-3 wickets per match and who mave very less economy and huge strike rate. Ex: Dale Steyn, Amir, Jerome Taylor etc...)
  • Star Bowler = 24-29 (Players who are better in adopting conditons and have reasonable stirke rate and economy Ex: M.Shami, Dwayne Bravo, Shane Watson etc... )
  • Average Bowler= 30-33 (Players who are sideline throughout their career and but can shine with the ball when it is their day. Ex: Kane Richardson, Corey Anderson etc...)

Rating for Allrounders:
Rating these allrounder is very easy. Just refer the above categories and rate the points according to following mentioned pattern:

Batting Allrounders: Rate them according to following pattern refering above categories-
  • For Batting "Making some important contribution" and "Slow starters".
  • For Bowling "Struggling to take wickets" and "Average Bowler".
Bowling Allrounders: Rate them according to following pattern refering above categories-
  • For Batting "Struggling to score runs" and "Game Changers"
  • For Bowling "Giving the crucial breakthroughs" and "Star Bowler"
Player Ratings Guide For Cricsim (FC/Test) By @VC the slogger

Ratings differs from one pitch type to another. I would recommend that you guys change the rating according to pitch type for accurate results.

Excellent Pitches:

It is a pitch type which is a batting paradise and hell for the bowlers. You can find a high scoring game if the match is played in this pitch. Rate your player according to below mentioned pattern:
For Batsman:
  • Legendary batsmen: 50-66
  • Batsmen in brilliant form: 40-53
  • Batsmen who are neither too good, nor too bad: 31-36
  • Average/inconsistent batsmen: 14-31
  • Tailenders: 4-14
For Bowlers:
  • Legendary/lethal fast bowlers: 23-25
  • Other consistent pacers: 26-31
  • Supportive/stock pace bowlers: 32-37
  • Part-time pacers: 39-63
(Spinners)
  • Legendary spinners: 25-26
  • Consistent spinners: 27-30
  • Decent pie chuckers: 32-36
  • Part-time spinners: 41-63

Normal Pitches:
Pitch which is evenly balanced between both bat and ball. You can see a perfect competitive match between these two. Rate your player according to below mentioned pattern:
For Batsman
  • Legendary batsmen: 43-56
  • Batsmen in brilliant form: 39-48
  • Batsmen who are neither too good, nor too bad: 29-36
  • Average/inconsistent batsmen: 14-28
  • Tailenders: 4-13
For Bowlers
  • Legendary/lethal fast bowlers: 22-24
  • Other consistent pacers: 25-28
  • Supportive/stock pace bowlers: 31-37
(Spinners)
  • Legendary spinners: 24-25
  • Consistent spinners: 26-30
  • Decent pie chuckers: 32-38
  • Part-time spinners: 40-63

Poor Pitches
Pitch which is completely dead and is not suitable for batting. But Spinners find help with these type of pitches. Rate your player according to below mentioned pattern:
For Batsman
  • Legendary batsmen: 36-43
  • Batsmen in brilliant form: 32-41
  • Batsmen who are neither too good, nor too bad: 23-31
  • Average/inconsistent batsmen: 14-22
  • Tailenders: 3-12
For Bowlers
  • Legendary/lethal fast bowlers: 21-23
  • Other consistent pacers: 24-26
  • Supportive/stock pace bowlers: 35-46
  • Part-time pacers: 54-69
(Spinners)
  • Legendary spinners: 23-25
  • Consistent spinners: 26-29
  • Decent pie chuckers: 33-46
  • Part-time spinners: 45-60

Important Notes:
  • Batsmen should be rated higher with their skill while bowlers must be rated as less as possible to be more effective. Higher the bowler's rating, higher his average and more crappier he performs.
  • Part-Timers should be rated higher while playing in Normal/poor pitch so that they don't end up bowling maximum overs and give away half of the team score to the oppositions.
  • Spinners must be rated less in the poor pitch condition such that their bowling becomes effective.
  • Be careful while rating players according to their skill and pitch type.
  • The ratings for Excellent Pitch type is not so accurate. We are still working on it and hopefully we can come up with an accurate outcome soon.
Major Breakthrough (CricSim)

Recently, VC got through something very special which can be helpful in getting more realistic and accurate results. So let me explain it for you.

Format: One Day, 25-50 over game.
Simulator: Syedur Rehman Cricsim
Outcome: More no. of boundaries (most probably sixes), high scoring games, low/average thrillers.

Read these tips to get this working:

• You must follow the basic ratings guide by Dipak to get this one working.
  • Poor pitch condition is more suitable.
  • Rate the magic numbers (mentioned below) to the suitable batsman.
  • Don't try this in Normal/Excellent pitch condition. The main reason is, you'll just get ginormous totals with an unrealistic number of 4s hit by every batsman.
  • 42 and 63: are more likely to give you batsmen scoring runs and hitting plenty of sixes as well, though they might take a while to settle in on a poor pitch. Ideal for players like Chris Gayle, Martin Guptill and Rohit Sharma.
  • 54 is good for aggressive de Villiers/McCullum-esque knocks.
  • 11 and 12 are pretty good for tailenders. They either hit out or get out if there's no batting collapse of any such beforehand. Quite handy for the likes of Tim Southee, Stuart Broad and some of the Aussie tailenders who like to give it a thwack on occasions.
  • 33 usually works good on Excellent pitches. Perhaps not so much on poor pitches where you're sometimes likely to get an unrealistic stonewalling innings if things go south.

The main reason for posting this magic numbers is to get maximum boundaries which we couldn't get before. We always ended up with just 2-3 sixes in every innings. But this numbers with help you get things right. Please make sure you are simulating matches on Poor pitch condition.

Player Ratings 'Rough' Guide For Cricket Heroes By @The Punisher
  • First of all, create the teams in the Team Editor.
  • On the Roster Editor right click on the black background where the players names are, and select add new player
  • In the General Tab, only put in the players name, age , nationality, and select the team they play for
  • Batting tab: Adjust the players skill between 0 - 100, leave the format mods. Adjust the players ability to face spin/pace/seam mods between 0.3 (bad) - 1.0 (good). Also adjust the Placement, Aggression and Strength, however be careful it shouldn't be too high. Also be careful with the running speed, leave it in between 0.35 - 0.45 (faster runners).
  • Bowling tab: Adjust the players skill between 0 - 100, leave the format mods. Adjust the Type, Skill, Control and Reverse. And For Pacers- Off-cutter, Leg-cutter, Swing-off, Swing-leg. And For Spinners- off-spin, leg spin. Just be careful not to give a player too much swing, they generally tend to bowl more wides the higher the swing.
  • Fielding tab: Better keep the throwing strength the same for all players, and vary the running speed between 0.8 - 0.99
  • Characteristics tab: I normally left everyone with no special abilities, they do make an enormous difference. Rather best rely on the ratings
**********​

CS09/CS15 RATINGS GUIDE BY @Na Maloom Afraad
This guide works on both the simulators, I personally use CS15, because CS09 generates way too many ducks. But, CS15 will crash if You don't have at least 6 bowlers in the line-up whereas CS09 will randomly select a batsman to bowl. Remember the simulators.

-Batsman

- Batting skills = Career batting average +/- recent performances

Batting skills are usually career batting averages unless in some cases, some players have played so less matches that their average isn't even available. They are also decreased and increased according to their recent performances.

- Batting aggression = Strike rate / Five

Batting aggression represents how aggressive the batsman is, no joke. It is obvious that I'd use the strike rate to rate this part of the player. I take the player's career strike rate and divide it by five. That does the job! This has nothing to do with recent performances.

- Bowling skills

Just like the batting skills, the bowling skills are career bowling averages unless in some cases, some players have played so less matches that their average isn't even available. They are also decreased and increased according to their recent performances. Unlike Syed-ur-Rehman's CricSim, the higher the skill rating, the better the bowler will perform. So, if a bowler like, Sunil Narine, whose Twenty20 bowling average is 17.69, He should be rated higher than Carlos Brathwaite, whose Twenty20 bowling average is 26.88. Sunil Narine should be 30-35. Carlos Brathwaite should be 20-25. This is tricky, at least for Me. Also, increased and decreased with recent performances.

- Bowling aggression

This is just... You need to rate this on bowling strike rates. With the same principles as of the bowling skills. The lower the career strike rate in real life, the higher in the simulator. This has nothing to do with recent performances.

Hope this helps.

FC/Test ratings are completely done by VC and when I contacted him about helping new members with accurate ratings for FC/Test format, he was very helpful and was ready to share whatever he has learnt so far in league section. A big thanks to him. Rudo has helped us to get going with Cricket Heroes. Thanks to him as well. You can post in this thread or PM us if you have any query or need help regarding this. Please post the feedbacks so that we can tweak this in more effective way and improve it. Enjoy!

Thanks.
Sod & VC :)

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
A perfect guide for beginners, though I'd alter things for my personal use.

MishraJee

Panel of Selectors
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hey folks,
We have been here for so many years and have been the part of many leagues in the past. The only thing which worries a league organizer is "How can I get a realistic result? Which rating should I follow? And obviously the first thing which comes to ones mind is Dipak's Rating Guide for Cricsim. His rating guide is really good and can be followed. Although, many of us have still struggled to get realistic and accurate results. For this reason, I posted a guide which can be followed to get most realistic result in limited overs. But still the FC/Test rating is very difficult and can't get a realistic result for just rating them randomly.

I and @VC the slogger got togather and thought of posting a complete guide for rating the players and thanks to Varun for his help throughout. So here we go....

Well, I'm following something different and have got most accurate result in my Essel Cricket League (partially followed Dipak's rating guide for skills though(average & strike rate).

Rating Guide For Cricket Simulators (Cricsim)
(Based on player's Form & Skill)

Ratings for Batsman:

You should be very careful while rating the players with their batting skill points. I will be dividing the points (Out of 100) into two categories of 50 each.

• Terrific form of life = 40-50 (Players like Virat Kohli, Kane Williamson, AB De Villiers etc…)
  • Making some important contribution = 30-39 (players like Dwayne Bravo, Ajinkya Rahane, Shane Watson, Alex Hales, George Bailey etc…)
  • Struggling to score runs = 20-29 (Players like Shikhar Dhawan, Marlon Samuels, Glenn Maxwell etc…)

• Ultimate kings = 43-50 (players who are adopting to conditions and are at top of ranking. These players have big average & strike rates in all formats. Ex: Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Kane Williamson, Hashim Amla, Steven Smith etc..)
  • Slow starters = 35-42 (Players who start with defensive mind set and can change the game within 5-10 overs. These players have considerable average & strike rates in all formats. Ex: Faf Du Plessis, Kieron Pollard, Thisara Perera, Dilshan, MS Dhoni)
  • Game Changers = 25-34 (Players who are low rated finisher coming down the order and can start smashing every ball they face. These players have low average but big strike rates in all formats. Ex: Hardik Pandya, Carlos Brathwaite, Mitchell Marsh etc….)
Finally, club the points and allot the final points to the players in the simulator.
Ex: Virat Kohli = 45 (current form) + 45 (batting skill) = 90 points

Ratings for Bowlers

Rating bowlers is very simple and is same to that of rating the batsman. Divide the points (Out of 100) into two categories of 50 each.

• Deadly Bowlers = 43-50 (players like Mustafizur Rehman, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Jasprit Bumrah etc…)
  • Giving the crucial breakthroughs = 35-42 (players like Dwayne Bravo, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami etc…)
  • Struggling to take wickets = 25-34 (players like Ishant Sharma, Ravi Jadeja, Sachitra Senanayake etc…)

• Deadly Bowler = 22-24 (Players who are confirmed to take 2-3 wickets per match and who mave very less economy and huge strike rate. Ex: Dale Steyn, Amir, Jerome Taylor etc...)
  • Star Bowler = 24-29 (Players who are better in adopting conditons and have reasonable stirke rate and economy Ex: M.Shami, Dwayne Bravo, Shane Watson etc... )
  • Average Bowler= 30-33 (Players who are sideline throughout their career and but can shine with the ball when it is their day. Ex: Kane Richardson, Corey Anderson etc...)

Rating for Allrounders:
Rating these allrounder is very easy. Just refer the above categories and rate the points according to following mentioned pattern:

Batting Allrounders: Rate them according to following pattern refering above categories-
  • For Batting "Making some important contribution" and "Slow starters".
  • For Bowling "Struggling to take wickets" and "Average Bowler".
Bowling Allrounders: Rate them according to following pattern refering above categories-
  • For Batting "Struggling to score runs" and "Game Changers"
  • For Bowling "Giving the crucial breakthroughs" and "Star Bowler"
Player Ratings Guide For Cricsim (FC/Test)

Ratings differs from one pitch type to another. I would recommend that you guys change the rating according to pitch type for accurate results.

Excellent Pitches:

It is a pitch type which is a batting paradise and hell for the bowlers. You can find a high scoring game if the match is played in this pitch. Rate your player according to below mentioned pattern:
For Batsman:
  • Legendary batsmen: 50-66
  • Batsmen in brilliant form: 40-53
  • Batsmen who are neither too good, nor too bad: 31-36
  • Average/inconsistent batsmen: 14-31
  • Tailenders: 4-14
For Bowlers:
  • Legendary/lethal fast bowlers: 23-25
  • Other consistent pacers: 26-31
  • Supportive/stock pace bowlers: 32-37
(Spinners)
  • Legendary spinners: 25-26
  • Consistent spinners: 27-30
  • Decent pie chuckers: 32-36
  • Part-time spinners: 41-63

Normal Pitches:
Pitch which is evenly balanced between both bat and ball. You can see a perfect competitive match between these two. Rate your player according to below mentioned pattern:
For Batsman
  • Legendary batsmen: 43-56
  • Batsmen in brilliant form: 39-48
  • Batsmen who are neither too good, nor too bad: 29-36
  • Average/inconsistent batsmen: 14-28
  • Tailenders: 4-13
For Bowlers
  • Legendary/lethal fast bowlers: 22-24
  • Other consistent pacers: 25-28
  • Supportive/stock pace bowlers: 31-37
(Spinners)
  • Legendary spinners: 24-25
  • Consistent spinners: 26-30
  • Decent pie chuckers: 32-38
  • Part-time spinners: 40-63

Poor Pitches
Pitch which is completely dead and is not suitable for batting. But Spinners find help with these type of pitches. Rate your player according to below mentioned pattern:
For Batsman
  • Legendary batsmen: 36-43
  • Batsmen in brilliant form: 32-41
  • Batsmen who are neither too good, nor too bad: 23-31
  • Average/inconsistent batsmen: 14-22
  • Tailenders: 3-12
For Bowlers
  • Legendary/lethal fast bowlers: 21-23
  • Other consistent pacers: 24-26
  • Supportive/stock pace bowlers: 35-46
  • Part-time pacers: 54-69
(Spinners)
  • Legendary spinners: 23-25
  • Consistent spinners: 26-29
  • Decent pie chuckers: 33-46
  • Part-time spinners: 45-60

Important Notes:
  • Batsmen should be rated higher with their skill while bowlers must be rated as less as possible to be more effective. Higher the bowler's rating, higher his average and more crappier he performs.
  • Part-Timers should be rated higher while playing in Normal/poor pitch so that they don't end up bowling maximum overs and give away half of the team score to the oppositions.
  • Spinners must be rated less in the poor pitch condition such that their bowling becomes effective.
  • Be careful while rating players according to their skill and pitch type.
  • The ratings for Excellent Pitch type is not so accurate. We are still working on it and hopefully we can come up with an accurate outcome soon.
FC/Test ratings are completely done by VC and when I contacted him about helping new members with accurate ratings for FC/Test format, he was very helpful and was ready to share whatever he has learnt so far in league section. A big thanks to him. You can post in this thread or PM us if you have any query or need help regarding this. Please post the feedbacks so that we can tweak this in more effective way and improve it. Enjoy!

Thanks.
Sod & VC :)
No I guess more good the bowler is lower is the average as When I simmed I found 459 in the 1st innings a 456 run partnership 3 double tons In the match and 430 in the 2nd Innings.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
No I guess more good the bowler is lower is the average as When I simmed I found 459 in the 1st innings a 456 run partnership 3 double tons In the match and 430 in the 2nd Innings.
No it ain't.. Try keeping the bowler at 1 or 2 and see the magic (only for fun not for league)

Dipak

ICC Board Member
BUMP

My LVCC ratings here. All games were played on Normal (leaving two rounds, one round was Poor pitch and the other on Excellent) I only got ONE draw in the entire league - which is unrealistic, but I loved the scores I got! Strike rates were often in the 60s and the team scores were around 250-450.

PS: Took me around 100 simulations to get it right. Also brilliant job by Sodium on the guidelines, but the only thing is I would not like to change my rating depending on the pitch. Otherwise the guide is well explained, excellent and easy to follow. I'm sure the ratings are excellent as well.

Dropbox - Alright.zip

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
BUMP

My LVCC ratings here. All games were played on Normal (leaving two rounds, one round was Poor pitch and the other on Excellent) I only got ONE draw in the entire league - which is unrealistic, but I loved the scores I got! Strike rates were often in the 60s and the team scores were around 250-450.

PS: Took me around 100 simulations to get it right. Also brilliant job by Sodium on the guidelines, but the only thing is I would not like to change my rating depending on the pitch. Otherwise the guide is well explained, excellent and easy to follow. I'm sure the ratings are excellent as well.

Dropbox - Alright.zip

Downloaded it, but wasn't able to test 'em out because I couldn't find any team files on the TESTCRIC.exe for some reason. There are only three team files visible on the 1DAYCRIC.exe - that of the All Stars, Hampshire Heat and Auckland Aces.

Are you sure that's the right zip file you've uploaded there?

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Oh If it's not there then I guess I've lost it. I uploaded the rating ages ago. It's similar to yours though. Top rated batsmen around 60, top rated bowlers around 18.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Users who are viewing this thread