Patch 1.08 is now available on PS4 and XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I have noticed a lot of edges in my ODI Game I turned down the wicket chance and the ball quality down a bit that seemed to work a bit it still there tho[DOUBLEPOST=1562581701][/DOUBLEPOST]it doesn't affect me to much just prefer it turned down differently not game breaking

Rhone

International Cricketer
I’m not sure they are playing more aggressively tbh.

I dunno - truth is I’ve been so busy I haven't played much recently so haven’t got the biggest sample to go on. But as far as I could tell up until at least 1.07 on PS4 edges were awesome - was getting plenty but they weren’t all wickets. They were varied and always went in the right direction based on the shot and the bit of bat hit...

From 1.07 I noticed less variation, didn’t notice the “wrong” direction though. I put the different/lesser variation down to either the particular pitch, or perhaps a change to wicket chance meaning they were going where fielders couldn’t get them. (Specifically majority went in an area you can’t even cover, between the widest slip and backward point.)

From 1.08 I’d say the lack of variation is even more pronounced, and the edges are frequently going in the wrong direction - in fact I’d say the majority do. Mainly inside edges going on the off side, or leading edges going to fine leg or even (off the spinner) to the keeper for a catch.

Question - do you usually play in OOTB stadium with default ad boards?

I played several hours of career mode over the weekend. A low skilled batting all-rounder who bowls medium fast. I purposely bowl for edges, mainly with good length outswingers.

On a variety of wickets I still found a lot of edges and most seemed realistic. I even got my very first Edge to first slip which looked fantastic.

It doesn't feel like anything has changed to me. I have seen edges dribbling along the floor in front of slips/keeper, edges flying to boundary, bat pads. The lot. If it's the odd funny looking edge I can live with this...there has to be some leeway given for suspension of reality in a video game replicating such an nuanced and complex sport. Realism is also subjective. The inside edge to fine leg in your video looked ok to me though... a bit wonky if played in slow motion zooming in but it made sense with the shot played and where the ball went.

Having said that, this game seems to me more than any other a very intricate and deep balancing act where things such as player skill, weather, pitches, batting skill, bowling skill, perks, grounds, ball condition all effect the gameplay experience and that's even before you start tinkering with sliders. I can easily imagine that a tweak in something like AI behaviour would change the type and frequency of edges as @WealeyH suggests.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I played several hours of career mode over the weekend. A low skilled batting all-rounder who bowls medium fast. I purposely bowl for edges, mainly with good length outswingers. Realism is also subjective. The inside edge to fine leg in your video looked ok to me though did look a bit wonky.

On a variety of wickets I still found a lot of edges and most seemed realistic. I even got my very first Edge to first slip which looked fantastic.

It doesn't feel like anything has changed to me. I have seen edges dribbling along the floor in front of slips/keeper, edges flying to boundary, bat pads. The lot. If it's the odd funny looking edge I can live with this...their has to be some leeway given for suspension of reality in a video game replicating such an nuanced and complex sport.

Having said that, this game seems to me more than any other a very intricate and deep balancing act where things such as player skill, weather, pitches, batting skill, perks, sliders, grounds, ball condition all effect the gameplay experience and that's even before you start tinkering with sliders. I can easily imagine that a tweak in something like AI behaviour would change the type and frequency of edges as @WealeyH suggests.

I haven’t noticed much different.. if it has it’s definitely in the limited overs games.

Also @blockerdave i reckon one of your inside edges cannons off the thigh pad haha. Think it’s the fast one. Goes far too quick but looks like it does.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I haven’t noticed much different.. if it has it’s definitely in the limited overs games.

Also @blockerdave i reckon one of your inside edges cannons off the thigh pad haha. Think it’s the fast one. Goes far too quick but looks like it does.
could you plz get it noted for us tho in one of your group chats or whatever you guys use

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Good day guys,
In the previous patch the edges were okay. Even with modification to AI sliders like run rate and wicket Chance and timing. So probably the issue is within this patch.
Also please need to look into the pace change issue that is present for AI pacers in competition and tournament mode.
Thankyou

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I played several hours of career mode over the weekend. A low skilled batting all-rounder who bowls medium fast. I purposely bowl for edges, mainly with good length outswingers.

It doesn't feel like anything has changed to me. I have seen edges dribbling along the floor in front of slips/keeper, edges flying to boundary, bat pads. The lot. If it's the odd funny looking edge I can live with this...there has to be some leeway given for suspension of reality in a video game replicating such an nuanced and complex sport. Realism is also subjective. The inside edge to fine leg in your video looked ok to me though... a bit wonky if played in slow motion zooming in but it made sense with the shot played and where the ball went.

Having said that, this game seems to me more than any other a very intricate and deep balancing act where things such as player skill, weather, pitches, batting skill, bowling skill, perks, grounds, ball condition all effect the gameplay experience and that's even before you start tinkering with sliders. I can easily imagine that a tweak in something like AI behaviour would change the type and frequency of edges as @WealeyH suggests.

It was not an inside edge, it was a leading edge. If his bat was straight it’s an inside edge and no problem. A diagonal bat that edge is now the leading edge and it shouldn’t go to fine leg. Few builds ago it wasn’t.

I can give leeway, but this stuff wasn’t happening before.

Question - was your game in OOTB stadium with default adboards?

Rhone

International Cricketer
It was not an inside edge, it was a leading edge. If his bat was straight it’s an inside edge and no problem. A diagonal bat that edge is now the leading edge and it shouldn’t go to fine leg. Few builds ago it wasn’t.

I can give leeway, but this stuff wasn’t happening before.

Question - was your game in OOTB stadium with default adboards?

Stadiums were different. Default career mode club ones mainly I think.

Silly question but OOTB? Out of the box? If so then yes.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I playing career mode... So far after latest patch, I took 4+ wickets by edge leading to keeper and 1 to 2nd slip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread