Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

I tried a wicket keeper career mode on manual fielding controls.The keeper reacts as if its coming to him , though the ball is hit to the outfield. Pretty annoying and now I'm left with no other option other than to sim the fielding.

Reactions: DAP

bptuner

School Cricketer
I tried a wicket keeper career mode on manual fielding controls.The keeper reacts as if its coming to him , though the ball is hit to the outfield. Pretty annoying and now I'm left with no other option other than to sim the fielding.
What do you mean? Are you locked to manual fielding now?

bptuner

School Cricketer
In the fielding controls it says LT for slide/dive when fielding. I’ve tried many different ways of using LT to do this but it never does anything. I see the AI do it all the time and often saves runs by getting to the ball quicker to stop it going through a gap so would be thankful if anyone could let me know if they have the same issue or if I’m doing something wrong.
In career mode don't forget, especially at higher levels, most the AI has maxed/nearly maxed fielding stats so this may influence your capabilities when it comes to sliding and diving. I forgot the name of the fielding stat, but one of them specifically mentions "ground coverage" so maybe experiment with a custom made player with some of the fielding stats increased and see if you can do it then. The AI decision making when it comes to fielding is a bit inconsistent; sometimes they decide to jump up and take a catch, slide to stop a run, etc. whereas other times they act like they're crippled, so its hard to judge exactly why they sometimes pull out superman moves. Fielding overall needs a general adjustment but I think you need higher stats to do the more impressive feats. Don't forget there's also hidden stats like agility and reaction times and these would definitely factor into fielding ability too.

Also try combining the slide/dive button with the sprint button (Both triggers on PS4) and see if that produces more desired fielding results.

UPDATE: Just tried a couple matches where I tried diving/sliding with and without sprinting added, and while sprinting, you'd think my 30 fielding rated player was Superman the way he was flying around the field. I think its the scale and pace of the game; what appears slow to you is actually going a lot faster so you need to react quicker than it seems. By the same token, what looks like something that is easily catchable or stoppable for a boundry might actually be "physically" impossible, despite visually appearing so.

Last edited:

bptuner

School Cricketer
Irrespective of what fielding settings I choose, the wicket keeper makes his initial reaction without any input. For example, the keeper makes a dive to the legside when the ball is hit to mid wicket region.
Yeah its like a built in delay with some flavor, just like how when your bowling and after the batsman hits the ball, you don't get control of your character until after a few seconds, or when your in slips, you don't get the chance to dive out to the side even though you can see it coming. I think the delays are necessary to scale and pace the game correctly; if the bowler reacted instantly after the ball left his hand, there'd be a lot more (unrealistic) run outs. They stop the players having seemingly superhero powers.

In regards to WKing, unfortunately there's no work around that; within CR19 the role isn't really designed for you to play "goalkeeper" style, its more about the reactive stuff (edge minigames, run outs, stumpings and of course, appealing) with the actual "keeping" mostly done by AI, influenced by fielding stats and perks. When your WK appears to "misjudge" the line or height, because you have no control over their initial reaction, you have to deduce it down to a poor ball or pitch movement (your keeper might just have low fielding stats :P) even though extras are mostly a WK-negative stat.

Higher fielding stats, perks and specializing in the WK role will improve the AI controlled "initial reaction" to the line and height but keeping in CR19 is focused around taking wickets rather than effective fielding per se. Your better off playing with semi-assisted to get the best experience as WK imo.

James Hepburn

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
OK, Cricket 19 is my first cricket game since Audiogenic's games back in 2004. I thought I'd give it a try, and, since I was an offspinner in real life, I created an offspinner as my first career mode character.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm doing anything wrong, but this has been my experience so far, over and over again:

--Batsman edges back to keeper, I appeal. Not out.
--Batsman edges to first slip, I appeal. Not out.
--Batsman pads up, I appeal. DRS shows everything good and ball hitting middle stump. Not out.
--I bowl five dot balls then bowl a perfect spin effort ball in the "corridor of uncertainty". Batsman whacks it for four.
--Batsman edges a turning delivery. The shot misses all the fielders and goes for four.
--I finally luck into a wicket, I'm rolling with a spell like 6-2-4-1...and the captain immediately takes me off and I don't bowl again in the innings.

And the worst part of it is that the opposing batsmen never, ever make a mistake. I'm playing against club batsmen on Pro difficulty. I've never seen a batsman take a rash shot or hit the ball in the air to a fielder. If they do hit the ball in the air, it always lands a yard short of the fielder, no fail. Club batsmen--not international batsmen, just club batsmen--are doing things like reverse-sweeping balls pitched a yard outside off stump for four.

I know Pro difficulty is supposed to be tough. But this is kind of ridiculous IMHO. I was actually doing better with my character when he had almost no skills and a bowling rating of 20. Now that he has a bowling rating of 75, the opponents are close to unplayable. Is there some kind of obvious trick I'm missing here, or is this the reality of the game?

D

Dutch

OK, Cricket 19 is my first cricket game since Audiogenic's games back in 2004. I thought I'd give it a try, and, since I was an offspinner in real life, I created an offspinner as my first career mode character.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm doing anything wrong, but this has been my experience so far, over and over again:

--Batsman pads up, I appeal. DRS shows everything good and ball hitting middle stump. Not out.
--I bowl five dot balls then bowl a perfect spin effort ball in the "corridor of uncertainty". Batsman whacks it for four.
--Batsman edges a turning delivery. The shot misses all the fielders and goes for four.
--I finally luck into a wicket, I'm rolling with a spell like 6-2-4-1...and the captain immediately takes me off and I don't bowl again in the innings.

And the worst part of it is that the opposing batsmen never, ever make a mistake. I'm playing against club batsmen on Pro difficulty. I've never seen a batsman take a rash shot or hit the ball in the air to a fielder. If they do hit the ball in the air, it always lands a yard short of the fielder, no fail. Club batsmen--not international batsmen, just club batsmen--are doing things like reverse-sweeping balls pitched a yard outside off stump for four.

I know Pro difficulty is supposed to be tough. But this is kind of ridiculous IMHO. I was actually doing better with my character when he had almost no skills and a bowling rating of 20. Now that he has a bowling rating of 75, the opponents are close to unplayable. Is there some kind of obvious trick I'm missing here, or is this the reality of the game?
Welcome: unfortunately the game has a lot of disbalances like this. Personally I find career mode utterly unplayable because of it. Hopefully some of the issues can be addressed but I am afraid that the career mode needs a whole new from the ground up make over.

FaizanN

Club Captain
No its only showing the matches scorecard in which my team is involve in...for example i am unable to see who india is playing against

Trevin

Club Cricketer
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this so feel free to ignore or delete this but does anyone know how to put sunscreen on your career players face? I have seen other players in my career mode have it like Nathan Lyon but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thank you.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

- Haven't experienced it
- Haven't experienced it
- Haven't experienced it
- Happens sometimes
- Has happened a few times

Users who are viewing this thread