Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
And so ends day 1...20210108_181401.jpg

Can't help but feel that since they're half way there and only 2 down, I might be looking at a canny deficit to make up. Only plus is The decision Taylor got was absolutely honking, so that was nice.

On a side note, why are we playing 2 spinners in Sidney? Any idea? Nah me neither.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And so ends day 1...View attachment 241786

Can't help but feel that since they're half way there and only 2 down, I might be looking at a canny deficit to make up. Only plus is The decision Taylor got was absolutely honking, so that was nice.

On a side note, why are we playing 2 spinners in Sidney? Any idea? Nah me neither.

Sydney is probably the most spin friendly ground in Aus, not uncommon to play 2 spinners. Not typically in a 4 man attack though.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
And so ends the Australian innings. I'm not confident I can even squeak a draw out of this. There's more than 2 days left, with no rain forecast from now till the end. Reckon I'm going 2-1 down.

20210109_153805.jpg

On a side note, when was the last time you saw a batting card without a caught behind. Jack Russell must be bored stiff.

20210109_153852.jpg

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Got 2 dug in to start Day 4. Still gives me no confidence of anything other than a defeat here. Still 75 behind with 2 full, uninterrupted days to go...

20210111_003558.jpg

Edit: Or I could lose 2 wickets in an over to start the day,including Gower who's managed a stunning 8 runs in 2 inns

Last edited:

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Got 2 dug in to start Day 4. Still gives me no confidence of anything other than a defeat here. Still 75 behind with 2 full, uninterrupted days to go...

View attachment 241924

Edit: Or I could lose 2 wickets in an over to start the day,including Gower who's managed a stunning 8 runs in 2 inns

Had all the best intentions all the plans and it’s fallen away early on, I have the same kind of issues I start a session and go right let’s just consolidate try not to lose a wicket early and by the time I have finished that sentence I’m 2 or 3 down!!

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
First Test Ashes 90/91 @ Lunch = Australia Are 3/98 After winning the toss and Batting First .

Batsman To Go Are Taylor 27 Small Bowled , Boon 7 Small Bowled , Border 5 Small bowled . All The Wickets were Played on to the Stumps .

But The Ever G . Marsh is still In And Looking Good 45, And D. Jones just come in 7. Small Pick Of The Bowlers For England 3 wickets for 33/ Runs 8 overs. by The Way Dale88 I think i have sortied It mate only 7 Nb mate.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
So needless to say, I got pumped by 10 wickets to go 2-1 down in the series with 2 to play. On the plus side, I do have Gus back for the next test...

20210111_143250.jpg

And, for anyone who's interested, here are the batting and bowling stats through 3 tests. I really do struggle with Terry Alderman...

20210111_143253.jpg20210111_143257.jpg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Set up a List A competition between all the Rebel Tour Teams - the "Yellow Pages Cup". Yellow Pages generally sponsored the "ODI" matches, and Panasonic sponsored the "Tests".

Here's Kim Hughes and Clive Rice at the toss of the first match.

Carl Rackemann steaming in to bowl

Mick Taylor ready to pounce

Jimmy Cook at the non-striker's end

and Terry Alderman experiencing an existential crisis.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
First Test Ashes 90/91 @ Lunch = Australia Are 3/98 After winning the toss and Batting First .

Batsman To Go Are Taylor 27 Small Bowled , Boon 7 Small Bowled , Border 5 Small bowled . All The Wickets were Played on to the Stumps .

But The Ever G . Marsh is still In And Looking Good 45, And D. Jones just come in 7. Small Pick Of The Bowlers For England 3 wickets for 33/ Runs 8 overs. by The Way Dale88 I think i have sortied It mate only 7 Nb mate.
@ tea on the first day Australia Are 5/184 G marsh has Got Is Hundred -102 The Wickets Gone since Lunch Jones went For 14 lbw Malcolm . Healy was run out 13 Not Complaining Though . Marsh 103 Hughes 13 Not Out , Doing Not BAD Last Session Coming Up . Thanks Ian

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@ tea on the first day Australia Are 5/184 G marsh has Got Is Hundred -102 The Wickets Gone since Lunch Jones went For 14 lbw Malcolm . Healy was run out 13 Not Complaining Though . Marsh 103 Hughes 13 Not Out , Doing Not BAD Last Session Coming Up . Thanks Ian
@ Stumps End Of The First Day Australia Are 6/271 . Only Wicket To Go After tea was Marsh Went 111. Small got Him Caught Russell . Partnership Between Mathews And Hughes Is Worth 74 Mathews 44 And HUGHES 42 . Small Bowling Figures Are 20 Ov 67 Runs 4 wickets . run rate 3.10 . England Have it to do on the 2nd Day .

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Who knew there could be so much joy taken from ACTUALLY WINNING THE TOSS?! I have managed to put together a real life opening partnership... Currently an unbroken 57

View attachment 241960

Aaaaaaand, I don't have to bat last on this bastard...

View attachment 241961
God Knows What MY Batting Is Going To Be Like . keep It Going Dale88.
Post automatically merged:

Set up a List A competition between all the Rebel Tour Teams - the "Yellow Pages Cup". Yellow Pages generally sponsored the "ODI" matches, and Panasonic sponsored the "Tests".

Here's Kim Hughes and Clive Rice at the toss of the first match.

Carl Rackemann steaming in to bowl

Mick Taylor ready to pounce

Jimmy Cook at the non-striker's end

and Terry Alderman experiencing an existential crisis.
They Look Good Blockerdave .

Users who are viewing this thread