Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

Bowled Singapore out cheaply with New Zealand. They got rolled over quite easily. It's interesting as a test to see how my weaker teams are doing.

@Dale88 with your settings how do you find the number of run outs?

Think I've only had 2 in 2 AI innings so far

Bowled Singapore out cheaply with New Zealand. They got rolled over quite easily. It's interesting as a test to see how my weaker teams are doing.

@Dale88 with your settings how do you find the number of run outs?

As a kiwi fan I am intrigued at the makeup of the bowling lineup albeit it might not make too much difference. Is it Jamieson, Southee, Wagner and boult plus a spinner? Or are you changing it up each match?

As a kiwi fan I am intrigued at the makeup of the bowling lineup albeit it might not make too much difference. Is it Jamieson, Southee, Wagner and boult plus a spinner? Or are you changing it up each match?
Southee, Boult, Jamieson and Wagner. Maybe a few from Mitchell if I struggle to breakthrough or am pretending that the front line bowlers need a rest.

It's mainly a test to see how lower skilled teams play and also playing around with pitches.

Come back to finish the fifth test match of what has been an epic Ashes series. Down 1-2 as Australia, so need a win here to draw the series and retain the Ashes.

Lost Harris and Head (@3) early to be 2-4, but since Warner really dug in to make a very important 30 off 110. Smith also dug in and was out just after 50. Mitch Marsh has then starred, currently not out with 125. Glenn Maxwell really was the X-fact though, with 99 off 95. Pretty tragic to not make the century, but he came in when the Poms were still bowling well and had their tails up with the wicket of Smith and he really took it away from them.

Paine is also not out with about 25 and has looked pretty comfortable, with the score at the end of day 1 5-340. Not too bad after being 2-4 and Archer bowling thunderbolts (before Maxwell later destroyed his figures).

I was also very happy to be much more comfortable against Adil Rashid after he took 10 wickets in the previous match, including 7 in my first innings.

Really tough cricket when you can't run. Quite satisfying test match batting experience. More focus on getting the good shots or hitting the gaps when I can't toe end deliveries, take singles all the time and keep the score ticking over.
1028630_20201229203758_1.png

AI fielding is much more sedate and consistent when the fielders don't have to react as much. Aside from the slips where the cowardly Joe Root turned and ran at one coming straight at him and Burns is a bit over enthusiastic.

WhatsApp Video 2020-12-29 at 20.35.45.gif 1028630_20201229202520_1.png

Last edited:
So I started this series when the real Ashes were on, but it's finally over.

VICTORY!

By "victory", I mean I retain the urn with a 2-2 result. I had to win the final test to do it though, scoring 433 in my first innings and then bowling out England for 220, forcing them to follow on and then bowling them out for 213.

Yes, after 1 Aussie and 2 English innings, it was a tie. tweaking Johnny Bairstow hit a boundary to level the scores before getting out next ball. Instead of letting my whole team celebrate together out on the field, we had to go and get change and send out Harris and Warner just to score a single to win it.

... oh and then they showed England celebrating holding a shield.... bit of a bug there lol, but I know what really happened (and got the achievement for it).

So many ups and downs. Definitely one of the best sporting video game experiences I have ever had, playing this series.

Wrapped the Aussies up for 229 just after lunch on day 3. Going to try and bat a day then give myself plenty time to bowl them out. Could be on to go 2-0 up.

20210102_153413.jpg

Also. I messed up the video. But this wicket from Tuffers was a beauty...

20210102_153409.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread