Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

D

Deleted member 185125

Uhmm I'm a bit scared that this might happen. If the pitch characteristics are pretty much same as their predecessors, these cut scene and stuff added might be just an add on or cover up.

If pitch characteristics change with this release along with all that seems to be an add on or like an upgrade, it's a complete win.
Instead of Pitch Characteristics, AI match awareness, Fielding and catching improvements, 360 degree batting shot animations and increased number of bowling animations we will get :
Half baked highlights reel, dressing room cut scenes, gym mode, drinks break with players drinking through the helmet, upper cut to spinners, press conferences, cutscene of bowler warming up even after the match is over, and more cutscenes which will repeat after every over. I just pray and hope that they don't reuse Slats commentary dialogue.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It does surprise me the requests you get from people and in some ways justifies the approach Big Ant take when making decisions on what to prioritize.

Im praying for decent pitches, AI awareness, outfield catches etc.

Others are focused on Cut Scenes, Injury Animations, Time outs etc.

Surely a game is nothing without its core gameplay being solid!?!?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It does surprise me the requests you get from people and in some ways justifies the approach Big Ant take when making decisions on what to prioritize.

Would rather have cat scenes.
Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 17.27.14.pngScreenshot 2021-10-13 at 18.18.07.pngScreenshot 2021-10-06 at 14.04.31.png

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Instead of Pitch Characteristics, AI match awareness, Fielding and catching improvements, 360 degree batting shot animations and increased number of bowling animations we will get :
Half baked highlights reel, dressing room cut scenes, gym mode, drinks break with players drinking through the helmet, upper cut to spinners, press conferences, cutscene of bowler warming up even after the match is over, and more cutscenes which will repeat after every over. I just pray and hope that they don't reuse Slats commentary dialogue.

I totally get what you mean, but imo their priority will be on what are all the things which will attract more buyers. So unless and until majority of audience crave the 'gameplay' optimizations/improvements , they won't get through the line.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I totally get what you mean, but imo their priority will be on what are all the things which will attract more buyers. So unless and until majority of audience crave the 'gameplay' optimizations/improvements , they won't get through the line.
That’s exactly my point…

then when the game comes out.. those same people can’t work out why spinners can’t bounce the ball above the shin and green pitches turn more than dusty!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

RAVI99

Club Captain

I think sir don Bradman you missed bouncers from spinners shoulder height .

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wish the public asked for pitch Characteristics and deterioration...but... View attachment 256670

View attachment 256671

Let me ask you a question... how many people do you think play test matches on a video game? Or how many folks do you know want realistic gameplay? From my experience very few. Majority of the consumers are casual gamers who want to see what they see when they watch IPL, or they want to pick up the game and start hitting 6s. And if the game doesn't work that way, and has a steep learning curve, they complain.

How many people would be happy struggling on a green seamer, barely laying bat on the ball, and batting for a session to score 50-60 runs and losing 3-4 wkts in the process? Or how many folks have the patience to play patiently for 5 days and appreciate the change in pitches as the game goes on for 5 days? Again, the answer is not many no matter what people say. Outside of hard-core cricket gaming fans - I would say which would be in hundreds or a few thousands at the top - I doubt anyone else cares about these things. Most of the potential customers of Cricket 22 would take helicopter or scoop shots (which I haven't played once across multiple iterations) or cheerleaders over a pitch which changes over time.

Ideally, we would like Big Ant to come up with a game which caters to different gaming experiences but at the end of the day Big Ant is a business, have limited resources and need to prioritize what they need to work on. I would do the same thing and focus on areas which majority of customers are asking for and that's why my expectations are on the lower side. All I want is accurate stats tracking, batting experience similar to Cricket 19 with the leg side shots behind square not nerfed, and better fielding & fields/field sets. If there's any other improvement that would be cherry on top.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Let me ask you a question... how many people do you think play test matches on a video game? Or how many folks do you know want realistic gameplay? From my experience very few. Majority of the consumers are casual gamers who want to see what they see when they watch IPL, or they want to pick up the game and start hitting 6s. And if the game doesn't work that way, and has a steep learning curve, they complain.

How many people would be happy struggling on a green seamer, barely laying bat on the ball, and batting for a session to score 50-60 runs and losing 3-4 wkts in the process? Or how many folks have the patience to play patiently for 5 days and appreciate the change in pitches as the game goes on for 5 days? Again, the answer is not many no matter what people say. Outside of hard-core cricket gaming fans - I would say which would be in hundreds or a few thousands at the top - I doubt anyone else cares about these things. Most of the potential customers of Cricket 22 would take helicopter or scoop shots (which I haven't played once across multiple iterations) or cheerleaders over a pitch which changes over time.

Ideally, we would like Big Ant to come up with a game which caters to different gaming experiences but at the end of the day Big Ant is a business, have limited resources and need to prioritize what they need to work on. I would do the same thing and focus on areas which majority of customers are asking for and that's why my expectations are on the lower side. All I want is accurate stats tracking, batting experience similar to Cricket 19 with the leg side shots behind square not nerfed, and better fielding & fields/field sets. If there's any other improvement that would be cherry on top.
This is why they brought in Arcade controls etc, they can have a toggle (SIMULATION or ARCADE) accommodate everyone no?

RAVI99

Club Captain
That’s exactly my point…

then when the game comes out.. those same people can’t work out why spinners can’t bounce the ball above the shin and green pitches turn more than dusty!
Agreed when there no bounce no fun on uppercut shots I love them should not be removed as front foot shots are nicks on reds.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England

Just want to say that I’m one of the few for whom the reason that I’m longing for this game is… Tests!

I just love the twists and turns and genuinely take joy from batting long periods, happily leaving the ball (But hoping the AI responds). The ‘chore’ of bowling I love because the thrill of LBWs, bowleds and particularly edges in this game (Well, previous games) is awesome. It annoys me when my Tests only last two/three days. Hope the new catching maintains the thrill.

And yes, I too would love reliable/correct stats!

I’m all for variety, that’s what real cricket provides courtesy of the extremes of Tests and even T10. Hopefully Cricket 22 caters for all… but yeah, the word arcade is off putting!

Users who are viewing this thread