Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Just on fielding. I don't know if it'd help, or be feasible, but getting a fielding side GPS'd up and tracking their movement might be one way to just improve that general responsiveness of all fielders. If you could marry it up with footage and pinpoint the best time to activate certain fielder movement patterns. With the amount of 'tag-team' fielding that goes on it could inform things there to improve that aspect of the game. Could also improve things like backing up, getting to the stumps and just how players move around the field in between action.
If EA created their "Hypermotion" stuff using a fully mo-capped 11 a side game of football, surely BA could try and do something similar with their partner sides for a game of cricket?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I'm encouraged by the pitch and lighting. Big Ant have always provided their cricket games with attention when it comes to lighting. The pitch in this video looks weathered and combined with the light looks quite real... I think. I think that it was when Cricket 19 came out (Or the trailer/early gameplay videos) that I thought the pitch (Admittedly may have been an English one not Australian) looked too green, flat and almost like marble.

Obviously if Australia are 19-0 from 1.4 overs in a Test, I'm assuming that someone is batting on Easy, or rookie/amateur or whatever it is!

Matt W hinted at fielders throwing with their dominant hand. If that's correct then I'll be an extremely happy man!

I've seen people say that it's the same game, just like people complain about FIFA (The only two games that I play) but I think that's harsh. They've created a game that resembles, feels and looks like cricket. Yes we all want it improving/enhancing but surely you can't expect it to look completely different. It's looked like cricket in all the games... it's still going to look like cricket. If it was completely different... it wouldn't be cricket. I know what I'm trying to say!!!

Matt W also suggested that the gym stuff was kind of optional. I don't want to get bogged down in it unless it really enhances the game, even if that's when it comes to improving the player in matches and therefore his/her career. I know that we all want more in career but we've all got lives outside of the game (Haven't we?!). I don't want to play every night for weeks to find that I'm only two weeks into my first season. That said, Career has often crashed/broke on me and I prefer playing as a team. I'm looking forward to playing Tests in particular.

Clearly a lot that has been thrown at us revolves around new users. As somebody alluded to a few posts back, we need new users and for them to enjoy the game and spread the word... and buy it every time! Hopefully all the varieties of difficulty means someone can slog every ball in a T10 for 6 if they like but someone like me can play a Test on Hardest (Well, Hard maybe!) and get a thrill out of leaving the ball and get annoyed if a Test finishes inside three days!

As I mentioned previously and has been touched upon by others, I'm looking forward to the new run out fielding feature but am interested to see how often it happens. Just like the opportunity to take a catch, we're really going to have to concentrate... like real cricket. Not real cricket (Is that a game?!). You know what I mean.

I can't claim to get a great thrill out of the nets but have visited a few times and it's obviously useful. I'm struggling to play my default shot against spin, you know, whacking around the corner behind square. The shot that kind of got semi-outlawed when they stopped us being allowed to walk miles outside off. I'm assuming that was to do with online games getting repetitive. I just play against AI. The pull shot seems great though and I'm managing to play sweep well which I struggled in the last game.

Anyway, I could talk about these games, this game and cricket for ages but... We're nearly there. Hope everyone gets what they want out of the game, many thanks for your insights/comparisons/expectations and... enjoy!

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If EA created their "Hypermotion" stuff using a fully mo-capped 11 a side game of football, surely BA could try and do something similar with their partner sides for a game of cricket?
Yeah, I don't know the feasibility of it but it might be possible with one of the state teams. Haven't Kookaburra invented a ball with a tracker in it too? Potential for a piece of joint experimentation. A lot of times in Cricket 19 it feels like players only come alive when the ball goes near them, many times I've seen players who would be reacting in some way just stood there scratching their head.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
First glimpse of NZ?

Can’t quite make out who it is, but the kit looks like it could have the Canterbury logo on the right leg of the trousers and the black NZ badge on the left….

2215A1EB-4951-47EF-8EEA-D3E5E0C38025.jpeg25C8CDDF-002C-46E1-9F9E-C67EE7CCA87D.jpeg

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Deadeye​

One of the most exciting new features we will see arrive this year is a brand-new direct hit mechanic when you are fielding.

“We've got a new Direct hit mechanic, which basically when you've got a chance of a run-out will give you a dynamic camera in slow-mo, kind of pressure, sort of shot aiming at the other stumps,” explained Merren.

“It's kind of trying to get that heart pumping as you think you might get a run-out chance.”

This should liven up and intensify the fielding aspect of the game, especially in the high-octane T20 competitions that are being brought to life in Cricket 22.
Post automatically merged:

Online Revamp​

It is about time we had some proper competitive cricket online, and Big Ant looks set to deliver it this season

D

Deleted member 185125

First glimpse of NZ?

Can’t quite make out who it is, but the kit looks like it could have the Canterbury logo on the right leg of the trousers and the black NZ badge on the left….

View attachment 257432View attachment 257433
I wonder what the soft signal is going to be.
Post automatically merged:

Is this going to be similar to the draft we have in Cricket 19?
dreameam.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

caprikaps

Club Captain
Can we really get excited about this? An ultimate team version of Cricket? - If they could pull this off properly then this could be massive & game changing.

Dream Team​

Possibly one of the most exciting parts of any game is creating your team and taking them onto the field, and that is exactly what you can do in Cricket 22.

With a vast array of authentic players to choose from, you can assemble your team with a limited number of points available.

This means you can’t just assemble the best, so choose your marquee players carefully! It is not the end of the story once your team has been selected though,

“You will be able to swap players out as you go through and as you progress leagues, you’ve then got the ability to actually improve,” explained Merren.

So, as you improve, so will your team. You will need those top players in your side the higher up the leagues you go.

Users who are viewing this thread