Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW : I have already created a ticket with Support Big Ant but please pass this to the developer:

Big Ant has been working hard to implement dynamic weather system and so far they have been able to successfully implement it in the game. However, we are still waiting to see some improvements.

1) Game does not stop when it rain. Please make sure that game stops when it start to rain in overcast condition. Cut scene to show covers coming in and players leaving the field
2) Cut scene to show the rain delay (Either via clock or on the video screen)
3). When rain stops after delay cut scene to show pitch cover coming off and player walking back again.
4) Ability to select Sunny, Overcast and random weather when selecting a match. Cricket 19 has it and it is present in Cricket 22 as well but not correctly implemented.
5). Bad light and game is called off due to this. Currently the game carries on with flood lights on when playing a test match even if it is not a day night test.

Brian Lara Cricket 99 had implemented this successfully and I hope it is Big Ant can also implement it.
In Ashes cricket and cricket 19 some extent, Always Sunny conditions (sun shine) even if we choose rainy/overcast weather. Do you want this to implement?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is Big Difference for Player stats in cricket 19 vs cricket 22 statistic , cricket 22 gone degrade to previous version , Anyone create ticket for Very less statistics

1643297764732.png

1643298023590.png

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
No not at all I tested it , understood now that it's always Sunny either 14degrees or more but overcast weather is gone from the game.
I’ve tried it on PC. Tested it with 5 games. One of them was overcast. Make sure the rain is set to default. Not reduced or none. But I agree that it’s less frequent.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Haven't played this for a week now but keep coming back on here to see if the latest patch has miraculously fixed everything. Seems like it's just as bad as before.

Shambles really from BA

macman

School Cricketer
I do this. But I don't own the game yet. Doesn't look like I ever will atm
This was my worry too. When I heard about C22 I was so excited and desperate to trade in C19. Thankfully I didn’t, and I keep checking back on here most days to see if everything is magically fixed. I honestly cant see myself getting C22 at all at the moment. Not fair on everyone who has this game though.

azkhan

Associate Captain
Haven't played this for a week now but keep coming back on here to see if the latest patch has miraculously fixed everything. Seems like it's just as bad as before.

Shambles really from BA
It's not that bad. I play on PS4. Yes, there's still bugs that need sorting out, but you can enjoy a game or two. Hopefully future patches can fix the bugs left.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Haven't seen any myself but think someone raised the issue of having to retire hurt in career mode.

I have seen both batsmen and bowlers get close to 0% fatigue but not quite get to 0 so would be interested to see what happens.
Post automatically merged:

Has anyone seen any more stumpings? Seems like they are way too rare.
That was me in career mode a while ago. I was experimenting with using aggressive groundstrokes all the time and my stamina bar went down very quickly and I was suddenly retired hurt in the 90s.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
There is Big Difference for Player stats in cricket 19 vs cricket 22 statistic , cricket 22 gone degrade to previous version , Anyone create ticket for Very less statistics
If you scroll to the right you will get more statistics.

Big Ant has been working hard to implement dynamic weather system and so far they have been able to successfully implement it in the game. However, we are still waiting to see some improvements.
I'll just be blunt on this - I don't get people's desperation to not play cricket in a cricket game. Being screwed out of the chance to win a game because some rain comes late or the sky is a bit dark, having an unfair disadvantage because of the quirks of duckworth lewis, etc. They just aren't fun game experiences for the player, and indeed I would suspect that the times they could trigger, people might accuse the game of being scripted or cheating because someone would have been about to win an important match and then it'd get rained out or something...

The other side of weather, the different atmospheres, the impact of the weather on the ball and outfield, stuff like hot weather drying out a pitch, or overcast weather triggering more swing - those are great things and add value to the player. So that's where the focus is on, the bits of weather making the gameplay better and make matches and locations feel different to eachother.

All that kind of stuff might be cool, and one day that sort of stuff might be a cut scene everyone will skip the second time they see it, and I'd agree that rain needs to be handled better in the game and those delays/adjustments better communicated, but fundamentally it's a lower priority over getting playing the game better.

@MattW , some players have experienced that AI bowlers who are differently handed to user batter (RH bowler to LH batter and vice versa) keep bowling straight quite often. Also AI spinners bowl way way outside off stump, many a times resulting in multiple wides in any given over.
Yeah, that's an area we'll be looking to improve upon in future updates.

Users who are viewing this thread