Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

@MattW it's a small thing but anyway we can get the ability to hide the score HUD while batting using the down directional button? For us that use close batting camera it's really handy to be able to quickly show and hide the HUD. Cheers for all your work.
@MattW already raised a ticket regarding this. Ticket #7844. This is good feature to have especially when batting in Pro Mode.

@MattW it's a small thing but anyway we can get the ability to hide the score HUD while batting using the down directional button? For us that use close batting camera it's really handy to be able to quickly show and hide the HUD. Cheers for all your work.
Should hopefully be in the next update.

@MattW Are you guys aware of the issue with the wicketkeeper. Wicketkeepers literally don’t react to the catches anymore. It happens more while bowling spin but it does happen with pace too.
Yep, wicketkeeper stuff is in progress.

One positive from playing a test match last night... the crowd has calmed down quite a bit. They get up and cheer when something exciting happens and then they sit down again. It doesn't look and sound like they're attending a five day Metallica concert anymore. Well done Big Ant team. Ignoring the 1 boundary an over when bowling and the keeper issues, I'll admit I had fun playing last night.

Scoreboards are getting implemented - I saw it being worked on a few days back, and while I don't know the degree of complexity, I suspect that if it's not next patch it's likely the one after.
1643261476090.png

Just got sent through a WIP/Debug screenshot of some of the video screen options (and upper tier adboards).

C22 has some very ugly batting animations, warping batsmen and fielders, bizarre and very scripted run rates and stuttery bowling. That's before you consider the crashing, Academy problems and the inadequate stadium editor. I want to love C22 but just don't enjoy it in its current state. It is strange how people can play the same game and take such different views, but in a way I'm pleased some people are enjoying it... if it crashes and burns who knows when we'll get another cricket game?
Out of interest, what platform are you on?
I agree with you on the animations and a few things like AI run rate. But I think we aren’t far away. I actually got a refund in the first 2 weeks for my Xbox series X copy and went to playstation 5. I’m luckily not having many crashes at all and apart from academy being painfully slow it works for me 95% of the time.

I have been having pretty fun test match experience thanks to sliders posted by @Rumple43 (Great Work!).
I tried to play a test match on default Hard settings and Veteran AI settings just to see if things have improved. I was playing against NZ on Green, Medium pitch. It was extremely difficult to get a wicket with seamers. As soon as I brought a spinner on, he took 3 wickets in 6 overs.
So is it just me or getting wickets using Pace bowlers has become very difficult in default Hard + Veteran settings in test matches?

Is this OUT, I'm Confused?

Is this OUT, I'm Confused?
It’s subjective on whether he left the crease to avoid an injury or not :p

The law states

A batsman is not run out if he or his bat had been grounded behind the popping crease, but he subsequently leaves it to avoid injury, when the wicket is put down

edit - My bad! Saw the video again. He was inside the crease when the bails came off so shouldn’t be out

They will hold an internal enquiry and if found guilty, surely the umpire (that’s Mike Merren right?) will be blocked by Ross on Twitter
Before that the batsman will be blocked on twitter. Because he got out and complained

I agree Dave,playing some quality test matches,with varied dismissals and excellent run rates,even the fielding is improving.
Still sh#t myself though every time a patch is released :lol
Same ha

My last match had a couple of dismissals that I loved, including one by the AI that I'd not really seen before. I bowled a short one that they tried to backdoor drive rather than pull, got in a total mess and ballooned an easy one to mid off.

I grabbed both, will share them in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread