Asia Cup 2023

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't care that we lost - I care that there was no fight or plan going into this.

No strategy for approaching the chase strategically, the bowling seemed flat at the end and fielding was subpar (at best).

This close to a WC you can't let any team steamroll you like this! And worse of all, not all teams are going to get rolled out for below 250 for an easy case. Fakhar Zaman has been out of form for a while now (but can't really replace him so close to the WC), Imam seems like a flat track bully and worse of all Rana Sahab is a joke of a cricketer who seems to come into the side for no reason or stats to back his performance - why not have Wasim Jr at least he is a half decent bowling option and can do just about the same with the bat then Rana.

Use it as motivation for Pakistan.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Get ready for some idiotic rotations today. Fully expecting them to rest Kohli and Rohit for the game.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Can anyone explain how KLR kept wickets yesterday? I believe, the team sheet suggested that Kishan was the designated keeper. Is it not against the rulesto have someone else keep? In such situations, the opposition captain has to be consulted- perhaps Babar gave his blessings to the move. I am assuming this might have happened over dinner break.

Rohit: Let KLR keep
Babar: Ha ha! You want a part time keeper to replace your main one. I will ensure Haris and Naseem don't bowl your batsmen out!

Iyer's spasm automatically gets healed today
Ofcourse!

The fun would begin if Shreyas scores a ton as well...

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Can anyone explain how KLR kept wickets yesterday? I believe, the team sheet suggested that Kishan was the designated keeper. Is it not against the rulesto have someone else keep? In such situations, the opposition captain has to be consulted- perhaps Babar gave his blessings to the move. I am assuming this might have happened over dinner break.
Might've been injury. I think Kishan kept the first 6 overs

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Might've been injury. I think Kishan kept the first 6 overs
Stage is set for them to drop Ishan. Cricinfo reports that India will consider bringing in Suryakumar instead of Kishan.

I would have believed injury, but then wasn't Kishan out in the field? If injured, he should head back to the dressing room, right?

Anyhow, let's see what happens today.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
At this point, I'm not even sure if you're joking or are serious.
The rule states that only your designated keeper should keep. Unless there's an injury. In this case there was none. An opposition captain must be consulted under such circumstances. I do remember Ricky Ponting animatedly discussing this during one of the games in early 2000s.

Also, the umpires need to agree to this change

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is this really true? Learnt something new if so.

I believe it’s true if your keeper was already injured or not fully fit and you needed to sub them out. If your keeper developed an injury during play then I believe the umpires are all that need to be consulted with. This was what I saw flying around during the Ashes.

I could be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread