Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I feel like there's something seriously bugged with the game I just bought. Can't load academy searches, can't load into games, the frame rate of the game is absolutely horrendously choppy and the days are taking forever to count down in player career mode. Can anyone help or advise? I'm on Xbox One.
There’s no patches fir Xbox yet mines same academy stuff causes crashes Although I had no problem searching academy the servers may be down they were last night

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Found it cheaper on a key site so thought, after @blockerdave musings, why not.

I know the failings im expecting to see, but is there enough positive here to keep my interest while its patched? Lets see.

Installed now, going to plug in the exact settings from v4 of the slider set for '22 @Rumple43 and start a test India v Windies later.

Had a quick bash in the nets, leggies/offies, ball simply doesnt seem to turn as has been reported, you seeing this too Dave / @Wealey ?

@wasteyouryouth India looks as good as ever when DL, kudos as ever Waste.

So, modded sliders we know work well from the last game, test match...lets see how it goes. Ill report back later with an update.

remember I'm playing it on ps5, i think the builds are very different there to steam

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Okay so it appears that on Xbox the game is completely unplayable. Just bought it and it feels like Ashes Cricket 2013. An absolute disgrace that the game was allowed to be released and sold in this state. The audio is horrific, the fielders don't move, the batter slides towards the leg side every ball, and the shot animations feel clunky. This is by far and away the worst BA cricket game I have played at launch. Shameful, and still no word from MattW who promised so much.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay so it appears that on Xbox the game is completely unplayable. Just bought it and it feels like Ashes Cricket 2013. An absolute disgrace that the game was allowed to be released and sold in this state. The audio is horrific, the fielders don't move, the batter slides towards the leg side every ball, and the shot animations feel clunky. This is by far and away the worst BA cricket game I have played at launch. Shameful, and still no word from MattW who promised so much.

i think he's got the audio on a loop in his safe space

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No spin at all on my build I turned revs up to 100 to make sure and it did nothing
you can get the odd one that turns, but its obv premeditated as the AI knows its coming and plays it fine usually.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Just watching your videos @Rahul_Rants i didn’t even know there was new bowling actions added for 24 what number is Akhtar in selections ? Harbhajan looks decent aswell has any of these even been mentioned by BA or do users just have to stumble upon them

threetoed

School Cricketer
Big Ant's strategy seem to be a pivot away from cricket video game fans to video game players who are interested in cricket. It's a smart decision if you consider that most people here bought the game anyway and there is a huge potential untapped audience in the second group. Hence the licensing and partnership with Sony India. They aren't making a realistic cricket game because that lacks broad appeal - they're making a realistic enough cricket video game that's fun for the casual fan. I think if you consider it from that perspective, you can see what things might be Big Ant's priority.

Crashes and incomplete licensing (i.e., no India, not all IPL teams, no new bats on licensed players) will discourage the casual audience. Some issues are likely due to licensing contracts (e.g., can't put licensed players in India). pitch wear is probably not a high priority, though the poor fielding might be.

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
Is batting ok?as facing fast bowler we can't play the shot towards point still plays in cover always will it be the same way or will be patched.
Post automatically merged:

And on top I u keep short cover he catches everything

Users who are viewing this thread