How are you doing on Cricket 2004 ?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
With the recent growth in popularity of Cricket 2004. I thought i'd start this thread, to post any decent games you;ve had recently. Thought i'd share an experience of my last test match. As India against England.

I scored 123 all out in the first innings. England hit back with a decent total of 326, i then made 536 in my 2nd innings then it was down to the bowling. england made a solid start, with a 40 partnership between Strauss and Cook, before Strauss fell to Sreesanth. Soon after Pathan clean bowled Cook and that started the demise for England. Whilst vaughan slogged away at one end, wickets were falling at the other. Pietersen out for 6, bowled Harbhajan, caught by a close fielder. Tendulkar then took the wickets of Bell, Collingwood and Prior, all for ducks- Priors duck was a 40 ball duck. Vaughan and Flintoff then started the attack, until Vaughan was wiped out by a beautiful inswinging yorker from Pathan.

Hoggard joined Flintoff, and after his first ball flew off the edge past Dhoni for 4, he and Flintoff started the attack. Hoggard eventually fell for 31, off Tendulkar which left England needing 200 and me needing 2 wickets. Harmison got lucky and edged a few which fell short of fielders. Flintoff continued to attack, and with 7 runs left he was caught mistiming a shot, must have been LBW, looked plumb, but wasnt given, dissapointment for the indians. Sehwag was brought into the attack, Harmison got lucky, edging a ball just past the slips for 3.

Last over, 3 runs remaining, Flintoff on Strike. First ball, slower ball yorker, slight edge but safe. Second ball, driven but stopped by the fielder. 3rd ball, driven again, beats the fielder........

and trickles to the boundary for 4 runs. Flintoff and Harmison survive, England win by 2 wickets.
----------------------------

Truely the best cricket match i've ever experienced on a cricket game. Even though i lost it was an amazing game. Vaughans 131 in Englands 2nd innings won them the game, and it took a magnificent ball from Pathan for me to get him out. Tendulkar took 4 very useful wickets, and gave me a chance. Immensely fun, and a spectacular game.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Sounds a fantastic game. What pitch type was it?

I'm playing in a England/India game as England. 1st innings made 342 all out with Strauss the only man really making a good score of 169. KP made 48 and Vaughan 39 but Kumble with the new ball just demolished the lower order. Currently after rain on day 2 India are 104/4 just before lunch on day 3. Monty taking 3 wickets all LBW's of Tendulkar, Jaffer and Karthik. Sehwag was run out. Will keep ya posted on how it goes...

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
It was on a "normal" pitch.

Your match also sounds pretty good, you were pleased on MSN when you got Sourav out. Cricket 2004 is such an awesome game, and wont be beaten until TAOC comes out.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Double post, shoot me.

Been playing this quite abit recently, started an ODI tour with England. Won an odi series 2-1 against Bangladesh after falling behind early on. Then in the first quadrangular tournament i beat Pakistan, lost to South Africa and thrashed Sri Lanka which got me to the final. In the final i started brilliantly and got to 150-2 with 50's from Cook and Pietersen but then a massive collapse led to me finishing 234 all out. South Africa then started slowly but built up before losing wickets to Pietersen and Swann in the middle overs but then Ashwell Prince (43*) and Herschelle Gibbs (35*) got SA to the total in the 49th over. I'm now about to start the 2nd quadrangular tournament, against India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, i think :p. Tis a cracking game though, odi's are especially fun. It seems to be pretty realistic concerning Phil Mustard aswell, i hit a few boundaries and then play a stupid shot and get out, it's quite annoying. Just cant even get a 50 with him. My normal first XI is:

Cook
Mustard (WK)
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood (C)
Denly
Bopara
Mascheranas
Swann
Sidebottom
Anderson

Denly is awesome, using Trev's data update that is yet to be released. Such a great game though :D.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sounds like your having some good ole fun playing the ancient 04, sounds like a good series. Looks like your making realistic scores as well. I wish I could have a roster update on the PS2 - thats all I have it for.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Aint played it in a while. Once I get my arse round to finishing off the rosters I will play it. Might use it for an English county season story...

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Hehe, Well, I Can't Even Sleep without playing C2k4 Twice a day.

Generally, I Play Test matches with my patch With India And England..(Oh my!I forgot to update the post in my Patch thread)..And ODIs With my Brother.

Generally Get to 400 And set the team to autoplay, And I get a total of 700-800 in hte first innings, And Enforce th opposition to follow on after getting them out for less than 6 runs. Similarly, In the Second innings, I Get them All i'Out for 10 or something..

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Just played a fantastic game on Cricket 2004. Second test England vs Sri Lanka. After winning the first test, England go to Kandy looking to wrap the series up. Jayawardene wins the toss and chooses to bat. England struggle with the ball and Sri Lanka make 284 with fifties from Gunawardene and Jayawardene. England then come out to bat, looking to make a similar score, but mass dissapointment leads England to be skittled out for 91, with 4 wickets from Chaminda Vass. Sri Lanka then come out to bat again, looking to improve their lead, but England fight back with a brilliant bowling display from James Anderson, taking 5-38. Sri Lanka bowled out for 137.

England then come out to bat again, and a solid start from Cook and Vaughan, with a 50 partnership between them. 50 from Kevin Pietersen adds to good support from Ian Bell, who remains not out after Pietersen is bowled by Maharoof. Ian Bell then forms another 50 partnership with Collingwood, before he is caught trying to drive Jayasuriya. Bopara joins Bell at the crease, who soon goes on to make 100, a rearguard hundred for England. With 84 runs to get Bopara goes, driving on the up off Maharoof. Harmison then provides support for Ian Bell, who goes on to make 150, and then a superb double hundred. With 5 runs to go, Ian Bell tries to smash Herath onto the leg-side, and is caught on the boundary, but the fielder falls over the rope and it goes for 6. England chase 330, with only 6 wickets down, thanks mainly to a superb 212* from Ian Bell. England win the series.

----------------------------
What a match, i batted poorly in the first innings, but managed to rebuild any chance of winning the game, with a brilliant 212* from Ian Bell. Cricket 2004 is brilliant :D.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I wish ODI's didn't have that mankey bug. What patch do you use for Test KP?

I used Boss's patch but I can't trust the defenssive shot because I always get bowled, and the bowlers bowl to straight so now I'm just using the origonal A.I.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Sometimes I think about re-installing C2004, I'm sure I used to have more fun playing it than I ever did with C07. But I also think I view the past with rose coloured glasses. It would be challenging to play but only until I get used to it again (I'm pretty sure I'd struggle on C07 if I played it now too).

Users who are viewing this thread