The Ashes 2021/22

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'm going to spend the rest of my evening poking myself with a sharp stick. It's got to be less painful than watching Australia dominate England.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
England and their debatable rotations to the fore, yet again! Anderson could've made a difference here. Unless the English orchestrate a collapse of sorts, I fear the Aussies are gonna claim Fort Gabba yet again. (perhaps by an innings)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I mean this is just the first test. India was down and out and won the series with injured XI. Have some faith, couple of wickets and things can change.

However one thing to definitely agree on is the test side has shown no improvement at all. England has shifted all its focus on limited overs and it shows. The test side looks pretty mediocre. Apart from Root, not able to find one solid middle order batsman.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
England and their debatable rotations to the fore, yet again! Anderson could've made a difference here. Unless the English orchestrate a collapse of sorts, I fear the Aussies are gonna claim Fort Gabba yet again. (perhaps by an innings)
Honestly I'm not sure what difference Anderson would've made. The seamers have bowled well. There's been a no ball wicket, a dropped catch and one that dropped short (think there might have been another chance but can't remember).

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
That was one of the worst run out misses I've ever seen. It was also the worst running attempt I've ever seen, so I guess like for like...

invisibleman18

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Honestly I'm not sure what difference Anderson would've made. The seamers have bowled well. There's been a no ball wicket, a dropped catch and one that dropped short (think there might have been another chance but can't remember).
In these conditions today, probably not much. But if Root hadn't been haunted by the ghost of Hussain and bowled first with Anderson and Broad in those conditions yesterday, while we wouldn't necessarily be as on top now as Australia are, it doesn't feel unreasonable that the match might be bit closer than it is currently.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well, well ,well!

They certainly had to make a mess of this, yet again!

Post automatically merged:

A person of Anderson's stature could have pumped up the bowling attack and maintained a certain amount of pressure. TBH, I am not a big fan of their resting/rotation policy, hence, my thoughts related to this might be coming be in a manner that's slightly irrational, perhaps?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Well, well ,well!

They certainly had to make a mess of this, yet again!

Post automatically merged:

A person of Anderson's stature could have pumped up the bowling attack and maintained a certain amount of pressure. TBH, I am not a big fan of their resting/rotation policy, hence, my thoughts related to this might be coming be in a manner that's slightly irrational, perhaps?
I don't think you start a series by resting both of your best bowlers. Broad has been injured so that might be a factor for holding him back, he might not be fit enough for back to back matches. There's a pink ball test four days after this one which I assume is why Anderson is not selected - although there were rumours initially he was injured.

I think you need to set the ball rolling though and come out of the blocks with your best XI though. England have been planning for this series to be one where they unleash Archer, Wood and maybe Stone. Unfortunately there's only Wood still standing. I don't think they feel comfortable playing Leach with both Anderson and Broad because that is quite a long tail.

Users who are viewing this thread