Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
He is kind of Ben Stokes minus Headingley, two World Cup finals and all the rest of the crazy things he's pulled off.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Gilchrist from Gurgaon failed today.

Expected much from him.

Bevab

Staff Member
He is kind of Ben Stokes minus Headingley, two World Cup finals and all the rest of the crazy things he's pulled off.

I get what you mean but it’s kinda funny when he’s a much better T20 player than Stokes is.

The hate for him is overblown but he doesn’t help it either. Seems almost like he wants to channel it.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Here is a wild thought away from the regular debates on going here,

I think Tim David is massively overrated in Indian conditions. IPL isn't the place for him. He doesn't know how to bat against spin. He isn't suitable for Indian conditions. Even to fast bowlers, he has been seen hitting it only on full tosses, and in the slot deliveries or half volleys.

MI were in cruise control till he came to bat yesterday and put pressure on MI. RRR was 8 runs per over which increased to 12 plus all thanks to his missed balls.

Ofcourse Hardik was at little fault sending him to bat before him. But David lost it for the team.

He might be good on those pacy Aussie tracks. But for a typical subcontinent wicket , he is piss poor.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys

I think Tim David is massively overrated in Indian conditions. IPL isn't the place for him. He doesn't know how to bat against spin. He isn't suitable for Indian conditions. Even to fast bowlers, he has been seen hitting it only on full tosses, and in the slot deliveries or half volleys.

MI were in cruise control till he came to bat yesterday and put pressure on MI. RRR was 8 runs per over which increased to 12 plus all thanks to his missed balls.

Ofcourse Hardik was at little fault sending him to bat before him. But David lost it for the team.

He might be good on those pacy Aussie tracks. But for a typical subcontinent wicket , he is piss poor.
He is like modern day Yusuf Pathan.

But Yusuf was a good player of spin bowling.

He struggled against quality pace especially short pitch deliveries.

I think Tim David is susceptible to short pitch stuff with his blind slogging technique.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
He is like modern day Yusuf Pathan.

But Yusuf was a good player of spin bowling.

He struggled against quality pace especially short pitch deliveries.

I think Tim David is susceptible to short pitch stuff with his blind slogging technique.
Yusuf was not poor against shot pitch bowling, he smashed 100 against South Africa in their home conditions, in a odi coming late against a quality attack with top order failing.

Nabi can play better than David in subcontinent conditions, Nabi can bowl too. Nabi replacing David will be better option.

Bevab

Staff Member

Maybe @CerealKiller or @Na Maloom Afraad can correct me if I’m wrong but Tim David has been one of the PSL’s best foreign players if I’m right. I’m not the biggest fan of him in international cricket and he had a horrid BBL this time around but the man can bat and smash a long ball, I’d rate him over Stoinis as a finisher for one. He’s also had two previous campaigns of good performance.

The fault lies with Tilak trying to protect him like he’s a latter stage Dhoni against spin, he isn’t that poor against it. Hardik also completely lost the plot by trying to do a Dhoni and stay in the shed for so long, he was batting at four for GT but decided to come in so late so that he could have his moment in the spotlight yet again. I don’t see how he gets to be captain in the long run for any team if he continues like this, a captain can’t always try to dominate the spotlight or make decisions that benefit their own goals. His captaincy wasn’t good in that game either, the bowling changes felt more like an incoherent mess that yielded results rather than anything planned.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

He averages 44.4 @ 199 v pace (IPL in India, only Livingstone has a better strike rate in the last four years) and 12.2 @ 114 v spin.

Using him correctly (last four or five overs) has a big upside.

@Bevab David averages 69 @ 155 v spin in PSL.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
He averages 44.4 @ 199 v pace (IPL in India, only Livingstone has a better strike rate in the last four years) and 12.2 @ 114 v spin.

Using him correctly (last four or five overs) has a big upside.

@Bevab David averages 69 @ 155 v spin in PSL.
A great man once said, "Stats are like mini skirts they hide more than they reveal".

Users who are viewing this thread