IPL Pepsi IPL UAE/INDIA 2014 Discussion {Play-Offs}

What had been the best of IPL 2014?

• Total voters

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What a season of IPL it had been. Yet another joyful season comes to an end. Congratulations KKR and their fans. They deserved the title after performing so consistently from lately, overcoming those early failures in the season. Delightfully now they are the another team who won the competition twice in IPL history.

KXIP are the best side on the paper and on the field too. They performed like champs in the whole season but the one bad crucial match or a final doesn't reduce the love and respect they had. You don't need a trophy to prove that you're the best.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
What a season of IPL it had been. Yet another joyful season comes to an end. Congratulations KKR and their fans. They deserved the title after performing so consistently from lately, overcoming those early failures in the season. Delightfully now they are the another team who won the competition twice in IPL history.

KXIP are the best side on the paper and on the field too. They performed like champs in the whole season but the one bad crucial match or a final doesn't reduce the love and respect they had. You don't need a trophy to prove that you're the best.

Yes and no, since Punjab were performing in both Dubai and India whilst KKR got going in India really. Then again this is Indian Premier League and not oversea premier league so yes KKR deserved it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Well played KKR, but felt bad for Punjab and Preity. They played really well and were till halfway of this final, the team all set to win the trophy. Saha played a blinder of an innings. Completely unexpected attacking knock from a player of Saha's nature (he is a more calm, calculated type player). Enjoyed this innings more than that Sehwag innings (of course, I couldnt enjoy that Sehwag innings due to my support for CSK).

Manish Pandey comes good in his home ground and that too in the most crucial match to snatch it for KKR. One would say that KXIP and CSK were the teams that performed better over the course of the competition than KKR, but as always happens, the team that holds nerves during the crunch moments is the better team, and KKR is that team.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
KXIP were definitely the best batting lineup in IPL. Every single player from no.1 to no.7 could win the match single-handedly on his day. But whether they were the best team is debatable ? How good is a bowling lineup if it is making the batsmen chase massive scores over and over again ?

KKR probably had the most balanced bowling lineup in the tournament. And the most balanced team too. They figured out their ideal combo a little late because they were keen on playing Kallis, but once they had a settled lineup they were unstoppable. Except for that low scoring mess in UAE, KKR convincingly beat Punjab on the other 3 occasions. KXIP were the best batting lineup, but KKR were the better team

grkrama

National Board President
was rooting for KXIP and preity to win, was a treat to watch young talents saha and pandey performing at big stage in crunch time.

akshay19

Club Captain
Welsh Fire
Online Cricket Games Owned
Congo #KKR #SRK . My fav. two teams played the Final match and the best team won. Indian batsmen proved again why the world called India the No. 1 batting side. Robbin hold the orange cap as he got most runs, Yusuf fastest half century, Virus hundred winning knock, Sahas hundred, Pandey's match winning 94, Raina's strom against KXIP and lil etc.

lion100lion

International Coach
First of all Congrats to KKR :thumbs
But I do feel sympathy for KXIP, who had performed exceptionally well throughout the IPL and had topped the points table.

But the interesting stat is that, in the 5 editions of IPL (out of 7), the team which has topped the points table, has lost the final. (Rajasthan topped in 2008 and entered the finals. Though DD topped in 2012, it couldn't even make into the finals)
Any reason to that ?

Last edited:

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
3538270.jpg

Are you sure about your statement? I can't see anybody if has described about fixing over yesternight match. There's no body around this forum for whom you making it known, your 'fact'. All have called good things for KKR's performance and you should be happy for that.

so for those who always think ICC is a corrupt body.Here is the fifa's timeline
Fifa corruption and bribery allegations: a timeline - Telegraph

Comparing an individual or a group to another doesn't change its root nature.

Jine

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Are you sure about your statement? I can't see anybody if has described about fixing over yesternight match. There's no body around this forum for whom you making it known, your 'fact'. All have called good things for KKR's performance and you should be happy for that.

I did replied to the guy who asked a reason. And you think I'm a idiotic fan like the guys who were blind upon their teams and posting such a stupid things,I'm not dude. AND atleast think a bit while posting omkar koshti chaithanya.

lion100lion

International Coach
I did replied to the guy who asked a reason. And you think I'm a idiotic fan like the guys who were blind upon their teams and posting such a stupid things,I'm not dude. AND atleast think a bit while posting omkar koshti chaithanya.
So you are trying to say that 5 editions of the IPL were fixed.
Man you are just out of your mind. No one is targeting KKR here. CSK lost in 2013 and so did Banglore, Mumbai, Delhi and KXIP in the rest 4 editions. I totally appreciated the effort put by KKR, but was sorry for KXIP.

If you still make some meaning less arguments (which I don't think you will stop), I will just follow the quote 'silence is the best reply to a fool ' ;)

Jine

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Doesn't matter whom targets whom. As I said I'm not a idiotic fan of anyteam. Just fix your nuts.

'Sometimes silence is the best reply to a fool ' ;)
Not in everycase chap. Some guys needs some different medicine to fix their holes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread