Indian Premier League - General Discussion

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well, if DK was calling the shots like MSD, then he'd have perhaps stayed. But, wherever DK goes, he's simply being considered as another player. He had an opportunity with KKR, which I believe, he wasted, by stepping down. Else, things could have been different for DK today.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, if DK was calling the shots like MSD, then he'd have perhaps stayed. But, wherever DK goes, he's simply being considered as another player. He had an opportunity with KKR, which I believe, he wasted, by stepping down. Else, things could have been different for DK today.

Yeah, I would have assumed he would be the face of KKR given he was involved in TKR slightly as well. I doubt he had the chance to ask for more time when he stepped down given the drama around it.

The SKY gig will work well for him. As much as he’s my least favourite there at the moment (and that’s some achievement with KP around), I feel he can improve given a lot of his errors are easily rectifiable and him not being a knob.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Riyan has to be on the flight to USA. Encourage performance based selection. He would be a solid replacement for SKY who is just coming off injury.
India already have so much batting talent who have performed internationally who cant get into the 15-man squad, no chance RIyan parag makes it this early
Post automatically merged:

I dont mind if the teams are selected on the basis of who performs rather than who will get them mega bucks. India has had similar batting line ups in the last 2 editions and haven't performed up to the expectations. The current edition of the IPL has thrown up some interesting names into the mix and I would rather they take a chance by taking these blokes to the USA rather than tried and tested fellows.
This is kinda why I was interested in India going for a XI like-

Jaiswal
Ishan(wk)
SKY
Tilak
Dube
Hardik
Rinku
4 bowlers

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India already have so much batting talent who have performed internationally who cant get into the 15-man squad, no chance RIyan parag makes it this early
Post automatically merged:

This is kinda why I was interested in India going for a XI like-

Jaiswal
Ishan(wk)
SKY
Tilak
Dube
Hardik
Rinku
4 bowlers
But if we dont reward performances, we should not be allowed to moan our defeats. Tilak has not performed in this IPL. He should be a back up to Riyan.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
MI 2-4 down with what is probably the most unbelievable team I have seen in franchise cricket!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Excellent win that for CSK! Lost the toss at Wankhede, defending at Wankhede against the arch rivals who have some massive hitters and yet defended it!

The turning point was Hardik bowling the 20th over. With Madhwal having an over left and Hardik having bowled very scarcely this season, it was a lottery of a decision and he truly got smacked by his idolo! To those saying "why doesnt Dhoni come early?". Well, he cant create this kind of impact if he does that! In the end, his 20 runs was the difference between the two sides. Pathirana was exceptionally good. He turns out for CSK like a beast, but is not used as well by his national side. Also those two overs from Shardul and Tushar in the middle was gold dust - they dried Rohit Sharma up and pinned him to one end.

Important away win for CSK! Credits to Bravo for working on the bowling from the sidelines. Can clearly see his impact on the likes of Tushar and Shardul and even Pathirana!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Excellent win that for CSK! Lost the toss at Wankhede, defending at Wankhede against the arch rivals who have some massive hitters and yet defended it!

The turning point was Hardik bowling the 20th over. With Madhwal having an over left and Hardik having bowled very scarcely this season, it was a lottery of a decision and he truly got smacked by his idolo! To those saying "why doesnt Dhoni come early?". Well, he cant create this kind of impact if he does that! In the end, his 20 runs was the difference between the two sides. Pathirana was exceptionally good. He turns out for CSK like a beast, but is not used as well by his national side. Also those two overs from Shardul and Tushar in the middle was gold dust - they dried Rohit Sharma up and pinned him to one end.

Important away win for CSK! Credits to Bravo for working on the bowling from the sidelines. Can clearly see his impact on the likes of Tushar and Shardul and even Pathirana!

MS cannot come early. I had the absolute privilege of meeting him on the day India were playing England in the WC and his knee is not good. He is literally just playing this year for the fans.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni scoring or not is immaterial. He is simply out there enjoying a retiree's life. If he scores, he scores, if he doesn't score, he doesn't. His position within CSK being such that even if he scores 5 ducks in a row, misses 10 catches in a game, he won't be dropped.

Coming to the last over- Pandya captaincy is pretty poor. I think he is trying too hard to justify his position as a leader of the team. Getting brickbats from all corners isn't helping him either. Anyhow as @ShamiLoverGlipGlops mentions, India be better off without him in the WT20.

Bevab

Staff Member
@Till Valhalla think Hardik’s captaincy has been shown to be quite poor by this point.

Bevab

Staff Member
MI 2-4 down with what is probably the most unbelievable team I have seen in franchise cricket!

I don’t really think this is the best team we’ve seen in franchise cricket, there’s plenty of holes. I’d take the MI side prior to the last mega auction as the best we’ve ever seen. This was their main XI in 2020.

Rohit
Quinny :os:
SKY
Kishan
Pollard :os:
Hardik
Krunal
McClenaghan/Pattinson/NCN :os:
Rahul Chahar
Boult :os:
Bumrah

In addition to this, their bench options included a premier power hitter in Lynn, a developing all-rounder plus hitter called Rutherford, reliable and veteran domestic options in all departments and also had a young Mohsin Khan. No wonder they marched to the title, what a side.

Their gambles on Kishan and Jofra haven’t paid off at all this time around. This is despite them retaining the likes of Bumrah and SKY on contracts that aren’t anywhere near reflective of their value due to alternative sources of reimbursement.

Bevab

Staff Member
SRH’s top four is almost unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread