NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Punjab Kings should be called Dropped Kings tonight. 3 drops already in 7 overs when opposition is scoring at 12 runs an over.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
At some point the IPL becomes way too long to follow properly and i end up waiting for the playoffs
Same here brother, same here! I have mentioned this before and I will say it again, IPL needs to be group of 5. The Top 5 and Bottom 5. Promotion and Relegation for next year.

The format should be as such

Group A

1st to 5th ranked team play Home and Away. 8 matches per team for Group A.
They play all 5 teams from Group B at home. So teams get 9 home matches and 4 away matches in Group A.

Group B
6th to 10th ranked team play Home and Away. 8 matches per team for Group B
They play all 5 teams from Group A away from home. So teams get 4 home matches, 9 away matches.

At the end based on the points table 4 teams qualify irrespective of groups. The groups are set based on points table for that year so if a team in Group B has 16 points compared to 12 points in Group A, they not only qualify but also are in Group A next year.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Also just to add playing 1 less match would mean 10 games less per season. That would atleast reduce IPL by 1 week as they do not have many double headers anyway. OR if you want to keep doing this, play double headers on weekend. 6 weeks of IPL would mean 12 days where 24 matches could be completed.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Samson /DK

Fearless cricket is what I'm advocating.

Love DK and I know he’s one of the nicest blokes via someone who knows him well but he averages eight in T20 WCs and at his age shouldn’t be selected again.

In any case Pant is the last person you can accuse of not playing fearless cricket.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Same here brother, same here! I have mentioned this before and I will say it again, IPL needs to be group of 5. The Top 5 and Bottom 5. Promotion and Relegation for next year.

The format should be as such

Group A

1st to 5th ranked team play Home and Away. 8 matches per team for Group A.
They play all 5 teams from Group B at home. So teams get 9 home matches and 4 away matches in Group A.

Group B
6th to 10th ranked team play Home and Away. 8 matches per team for Group B
They play all 5 teams from Group A away from home. So teams get 4 home matches, 9 away matches.

At the end based on the points table 4 teams qualify irrespective of groups. The groups are set based on points table for that year so if a team in Group B has 16 points compared to 12 points in Group A, they not only qualify but also are in Group A next year.
Thumbs down, just have more double headera

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Shasank Singh is likely to get on the plane to the USA if he continues this form
Thats 20th squad member. Hopefully we can take 50 member squad and have playing 22

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
It became boring the moment they had 10 teams playing each other.

The alternative,given that they want to add 2 more teams, should be to divide the teams into groups of 6 each. The Top 3 can go into a Super Six sorta structure thereafter.

If the IPL keeps expanding,the only choice to avoid spectator burn out is by introducing the promotion/ relegation concept.

Can't see any other way tbh

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Love DK and I know he’s one of the nicest blokes via someone who knows him well but he averages eight in T20 WCs and at his age shouldn’t be selected again.
I feel he has been given the raw end of the stick. DK was never given an extended run in matches during ICC tournaments. Even CWC19, they got him in pretty late.
In any case Pant is the last person you can accuse of not playing fearless cricket.
I agree for the longer format, but with the shorter ones, Pant has shown a tendency to slightly underperform. There's a growing call to include him, based off his part laurels(largely Test matches)

Hence, I'd still recommend the combo of Samson+DK, but know full well that ain't going to happen.

On a slightly related note, happy to hear Manjrekar announce his prospective 15 without Kohli. The commentators are now speaking out and it is good to note.

Users who are viewing this thread