T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Pakistan's squad is tweaked.

Babar, Rizwan, Usman, Fakhar, Shadab, Iftikhar, Imad, Shaheen, Rauf, Naseem/Abbas, Abrar

is prob their best XI, but they still got liabilities in Shadab/Iftikhar and Shaheen at 8. Might have to select Saim at 5 if Shadab/Iftikhar continues to be useless. Pakistan needs Abrar so we can get 2 proper spinners. Select another pacer against India I guess instead of Abrar due to 4 pacers being pretty useful on the Aussie pitches.

The fact that Pakistan picked players like Saim and Azam ahead of Niazi and Salman is just mind boggling. They've performed in the caribbean but they can't face proper bowling.

They'll definitely lose to India, wouldn't be surprised if they lose to Ireland as well. Forget about them qualifying to the Semis

The fact that Pakistan picked players like Saim and Azam ahead of Niazi and Salman is just mind boggling. They've performed in the caribbean but they can't face proper bowling.
They performed better than Niazi and Salman. I doubt the latter two would be doing much better

Didn't we already have a ICC tournament few weeks back?

They performed better than Niazi and Salman. I doubt the latter two would be doing much better
In internationals, no. In PSL, yeah

The other two actually have good team and can rotate the strike. Saim puts the other batter plus himself under pressure by consuming so many dot balls.
Azam is a fat fearsome tweak

In internationals, no. In PSL, yeah

The other two actually have good team and can rotate the strike. Saim puts the other batter plus himself under pressure by consuming so many dot balls.
Azam is a fat fearsome tweak
Feel free to show me what they've done in T20Is
And let's keep the personal insults in check

Feel free to show me what they've done in T20Is
And let's keep the personal insults in check
Niazi has 2 innings played in internationals. Salman hasn't even played a T20I game lol. This is just me watching all 4 of their performances in the PSL. Niazi and Salman both have good temperament, and Salman showed his ability to attack. Niazi was great at keeping his wicket for Karachi, and was was able to finish games pretty well.

Only reason you could prefer Azam to Niazi is that Azam has a higher SR, but literally has less than a 10 average in multiple international games. Salman has a much better technique than Saim.

So, India plays a warmup match the same day the world cup actually begins???? Like thats the reason I feel ICC too takes all these events as Joke.

Niazi has 2 innings played in internationals. Salman hasn't even played a T20I game lol. This is just me watching all 4 of their performances in the PSL. Niazi and Salman both have good temperament, and Salman showed his ability to attack. Niazi was great at keeping his wicket for Karachi, and was was able to finish games pretty well.

Only reason you could prefer Azam to Niazi is that Azam has a higher SR, but literally has less than a 10 average in multiple international games. Salman has a much better technique than Saim.
They're both not aggressive enough for modern T20s, but can fill a gap in a franchise team.
When you back a player, it's because you're confident enough in the abilities to back them through their lows as well.

They're both not aggressive enough for modern T20s, but can fill a gap in a franchise team.
When you back a player, it's because you're confident enough in the abilities to back them through their lows as well.
Have u watched Salman bat in the PSL? He started playing aggressive from ball 1 unless he had to anchor for the team/aggression wasn't needed.

Niazi isn't as aggressive as Azam or other hitters in T20s (Livingstone, Rinku, David, Klaasen) I agree, but he's much better than Azam currently and also is younger than Azam. Niazi also is a great fielder and is actually fit. Even if Azam was performing I'd rather have Niazi cause he wouldn't be costing us wickets/runs in the field like Azam is doing rn.

Saim has been backed for a dozen matches, Azam is too big to be backed for as much time has Saim.

Have u watched Salman bat in the PSL? He started playing aggressive from ball 1 unless he had to anchor for the team/aggression wasn't needed.

Niazi isn't as aggressive as Azam or other hitters in T20s (Livingstone, Rinku, David, Klaasen) I agree, but he's much better than Azam currently and also is younger than Azam. Niazi also is a great fielder and is actually fit. Even if Azam was performing I'd rather have Niazi cause he wouldn't be costing us wickets/runs in the field like Azam is doing rn.

Saim has been backed for a dozen matches, Azam is too big to be backed for as much time has Saim.
Well, they've gone into the World Cup now. Hopefully you're proven wrong, for the team's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread