Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Cricket is the second biggest sport for sure but there is not much money involved when it comes to Cricket video games I think
I feel a cricket game by new or ex cricket game developer is around the corner (just before or on the time of 2027 world cup)

So many leagues are taking place around the globe and cricket is getting more and more famous, consoles are easily available and people in south Asia can afford consoles not that people who pirate the game cannot afford they can but the mentality is if you can get something in free or cheap why pay full amount for it and this mentality needs to change if they want some solid games.

But hopeful that we will get a proper cricket game that we deserve if not now then in few years time for sure.

Just got the patch on steam around 115 mb
The V no now is 0.23587

Last edited:
Someone mentioned this on Twitter. Would be nice to have a T20 World Cup tournament format added to the game.

Only way I see you can recreate this currently is creating four seperate leagues of five teams, then create two more leagues of four teams (although points wouldn't be carried over like the real Super 8), then a four team knockout.

Would be nice to have more options for creating custom tournaments, with super eights or quarter finals. It'd be fun to get really creative, there's 35 internationals teams, being able to do a 32 team knockout or a 32 team (8x4) tournament with groups then knockouts would be great.

Someone mentioned this on Twitter. Would be nice to have a T20 World Cup tournament format added to the game.

Only way I see you can recreate this currently is creating four seperate leagues of five teams, then create two more leagues of four teams (although points wouldn't be carried over like the real Super 8), then a four team knockout.

Would be nice to have more options for creating custom tournaments, with super eights or quarter finals. It'd be fun to get really creative, there's 35 internationals teams, being able to do a 32 team knockout or a 32 team (8x4) tournament with groups then knockouts would be great.
To add to this, a flexibility in custom tournaments to schedule the matches or choose one's own order of matches from the defined fixtures, as compared to completing the pre-set Round 1 then moving to Round 2 etc.

@Ramz and I have been asking for this every year, but nothing has ever been implemented. It can't be that hard to add create your own tournament with group stages. I don't want to play a tournament in a league format all the time.

If we can get the T20 WC format added please can it be fully customised e.g. overs per game, allow us to choose who is in each group.

@MattW @JNT BA can this ever be done?

@Ramz and I have been asking for this every year, but nothing has ever been implemented. It can't be that hard to add create your own tournament with group stages. I don't want to play a tournament in a league format all the time.

If we can get the T20 WC format added please can it be fully customised e.g. overs per game, allow us to choose who is in each group.

I totally agree with what you have mentioned also if we can add a Host Nation aswell to the custom WC / T20 WC and update the format for it. I think also a Month option would be good to implement aswell for realism.

I hope Big Ant can try doing something about it, but I wouldnt bet on it tbh. Maybe in Cricket 26 who knows!!

I totally agree with what you have mentioned also if we can add a Host Nation aswell to the custom WC / T20 WC and update the format for it. I think also a Month option would be good to implement aswell for realism.

I hope Big Ant can try doing something about it, but I wouldnt bet on it tbh. Maybe in Cricket 26 who knows!!
I guess it would be helpful to think of the steps in terms of creating a custom tournament - from start to finish. Then where you'd like a 'template' and what modifications would be desirable.

I might try and note something down while watching Uganda later.

I am guessing for us that have lost the logos we will need to redownload the teams again?
Yea that is what people are saying re: logos unless there is a way to restore the saves somehow

Atleast fix the edges issues in arcade controls online by linking the timing with footwork , if the timing is ideal then footwork should also be ideal , if timing is bad then footwork should also be bad resulting in an edge , 90% of the players online play with arcade controls and it's a slog fest there no matter what delivery you bowl.

In arcade controls the user only have control over timing and shot selection and footwork is always ideal (unless if you play a backfoot shot to fuller length or yorker deliveries) no matter what your timing and shot selection is resulting in game the never register poor enough input to register an edge. If you link the timing with Footwork it will solve the edges issue.

@JNT BA can you do that as a hot fix soon?

You would have thought that the world cup taking place in the US would have been a massive number one priority for BA/Nacon to push the game with a decent update and world cup patch but what fo they deliver….at least they are consistent and true to form.

Users who are viewing this thread