In cricket's realm, he tries his best.
Yet whispers float, a mocking ring,
"Just another player, a 'ghantay ka king.'"

A tribute to Babar Azam. Goodnight.

Babar Azam, the "king," they say with jest,
In cricket's realm, he tries his best.
Yet whispers float, a mocking ring,
"Just another player, a 'ghantay ka king.'"

I always think someday Iffy might die of heart attack (hope not) with the way he goes overboard in shouting in his videos

Excellent day for cricket. This is what having more teams in a 'World' Cup does.

While Pakistan will need introspection, I think it's high time they take a decision a la India before the inaugural T20I WC when they dropped big non performing names in favor of raw talent. Pakistan needs to let at least one of Rizwan/Babar go. Their style of play when playing together is weighing Pakistan down.

They need to be replaced by the more players who can hit sixes at will such as Fakhar or Asif Ali or even Ifti Chachu.

All said an done, It's a dangerous sign for India now coz Pakistan will come hard in a bid of retribution

Excellent day for cricket. This is what having more teams in a 'World' Cup does.

While Pakistan will need introspection, I think it's high time they take a decision a la India before the inaugural T20I WC when they dropped big non performing names in favor of raw talent. Pakistan needs to let at least one of Rizwan/Babar go. Their style of play when playing together is weighing Pakistan down.

They need to be replaced by the more players who can hit sixes at will such as Fakhar or Asif Ali or even Ifti Chachu.

All said an done, It's a dangerous sign for India now coz Pakistan will come hard in a bid of retribution
While Pakistan will definitely come back hard, I dont think its a danger for India. Indian side for some reason looks much settled. For example Pakistan played useless 7 T20's in UK conditions that were not going to be the conditions here whereas Indian players coming from IPL although pitches favored the batsman are in some rhythm. It also helped India that they had a practice game in New York and first game in New York compared to Pakistan whose practice in Dallas was cancelled because of the rains and they did indoor practice and straight to game. That showed on todays performance.

Ok few things that I need to talk about

1. Keeping Super Over aside, this match took close to 4 hours to finish. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. T20 was supposed to finish in 3 hours. We need stricter in game punishment that happens to avoid this.
    1. For example, in Baseball if they do no pitch in 12 seconds, the batsman gets a walk immediately, so if in cricketing terms if a bowler does not finish an over in x amount of time, batting team should be given a run or two. Repeated offense would make them in a higher bracket.
    2. For example 1st to 3rd offense 2 runs given to batting team, 4th offense onwards 3 runs, 8 offense onward 4 runs, etc.
  2. Pakistani batsman not coming out in time. Like what was that? It took 28 minutes from the end of the 20th over to super over to finish. Blame Pakistani management and batsman who took 9 minutes to come out.
    1. Surely there has to be some sort of penalization for this? The rule says you have 5 minutes. Every 2 minutes a team is late, 1 ball less in super over or 1 run added to total.

Also the other day Scotland vs England that got washed out started early in the morning and was called off because CRICKET is a stubborn sport. 3pm onwards the weather was amazing, why couldnt they just start the match at 3 pm? Its not like there was another match going on.

Cricket really needs better rules for all this to keep things tight or else it will get out of hand. Pitch clock and its violation is the best thing to have happend to Baseball. 3-4 hours games now end in 2 hours to 2 hours 15 min max. It is amazing and keeps audiences interested.

Only four of their players today were born in the subcontinent and I’m not sure Ali Khan belongs to that list either. Using said term for them is disrespectful and frankly not right either.
How is it disrespectful? Was it not true that the USA lured a few players with the promise of green cards? Netravalkar, Harmeet have played for India U-19 in the past. There are plenty in their 30 man probables that have been wooed away on account of better playing prospects. These players wouldnt have moved had they gotten the right opportunities in their country.

Ok few things that I need to talk about

1. Keeping Super Over aside, this match took close to 4 hours to finish. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. T20 was supposed to finish in 3 hours. We need stricter in game punishment that happens to avoid this.
    1. For example, in Baseball if they do no pitch in 12 seconds, the batsman gets a walk immediately, so if in cricketing terms if a bowler does not finish an over in x amount of time, batting team should be given a run or two. Repeated offense would make them in a higher bracket.
    2. For example 1st to 3rd offense 2 runs given to batting team, 4th offense onwards 3 runs, 8 offense onward 4 runs, etc.
  2. Pakistani batsman not coming out in time. Like what was that? It took 28 minutes from the end of the 20th over to super over to finish. Blame Pakistani management and batsman who took 9 minutes to come out.
    1. Surely there has to be some sort of penalization for this? The rule says you have 5 minutes. Every 2 minutes a team is late, 1 ball less in super over or 1 run added to total.
I remember the first ever WT20 in 2007. Many double headers, some played at the same ground. This actually meant that the teams were bound to finish the game in 3 hours. It was fast paced, thrilling and ensured that the matches got done within the stipulated time period. Also, if you remember, the semi-finals were held on the same day- that's what the game should be all about. I wish the ICC goes back to that era.

In terms of the batsmen not coming out on time, I agree that some penalties ought to be in place. The existing one allows for the 'time out appeal', but it needs to be stricter than that- I like the idea of 1 less ball in the SO.

I woke up a very happy man today, the USA have stunned Pakistan and as long as we beat Ireland we’ll be through to the Super 8 and with that 2026 World Cup qualification will also be granted barring the board not get suspended.

As for Pakistan… oh boy you lot are in for some hard times.

Any more associates likely for Super 8?

Group B is tricky. All of Scotland and Namibia are capable teams, but with England and Australia in the group, it is difficult.

Group C seems unlikely. It's two of West Indies, Afghanistan, or New Zealand only. Unless PNG and Uganda do something miraculous.

Group D, the group of death, I can see a chance of Netherlands. They now just have to win at least one and at most two more matches. Also, if Nepal manages to beat Sri Lanka and Bangladesh (difficult, but not impossible), and if none of the teams in this group win all their 4 games, maybe they too can have a shot.

In short, apart from USA, the only realistic chance is of Netherlands. But, Scotland, Namibia, or Nepal can hope.

Last edited:
Any more associates likely for Super 8?

In short, apart from USA, the only realistic chance is of Netherlands. But, Scotland, Oman, Namibia, or Nepal can hope.

Scotland is an interesting one- Should rain have the final say, they might just sneak though. Others I expect Netherland and Afghanistan.

Group A: USA (favorites to qualify)

Group B: Scotland (It's 50/50 currently)

Group C: don't think anyone has a chance

Group D: Holland (big opportunity) BangBros & Lanka can be defeated & who knows maybe South Africa will choke again?

Users who are viewing this thread