T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

If Pakistan's mighty bowling attack could not hold USA, imagine our bowling attack against them :p

The one thing that stands out- USA celebrations were far muted than RCBs. Kohli & Co. can surely learn from the Americans here.

Ok few things that I need to talk about

1. Keeping Super Over aside, this match took close to 4 hours to finish. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. T20 was supposed to finish in 3 hours. We need stricter in game punishment that happens to avoid this.
    1. For example, in Baseball if they do no pitch in 12 seconds, the batsman gets a walk immediately, so if in cricketing terms if a bowler does not finish an over in x amount of time, batting team should be given a run or two. Repeated offense would make them in a higher bracket.
    2. For example 1st to 3rd offense 2 runs given to batting team, 4th offense onwards 3 runs, 8 offense onward 4 runs, etc.
  2. Pakistani batsman not coming out in time. Like what was that? It took 28 minutes from the end of the 20th over to super over to finish. Blame Pakistani management and batsman who took 9 minutes to come out.
    1. Surely there has to be some sort of penalization for this? The rule says you have 5 minutes. Every 2 minutes a team is late, 1 ball less in super over or 1 run added to total.

Also the other day Scotland vs England that got washed out started early in the morning and was called off because CRICKET is a stubborn sport. 3pm onwards the weather was amazing, why couldnt they just start the match at 3 pm? Its not like there was another match going on.

Cricket really needs better rules for all this to keep things tight or else it will get out of hand. Pitch clock and its violation is the best thing to have happend to Baseball. 3-4 hours games now end in 2 hours to 2 hours 15 min max. It is amazing and keeps audiences interested.

I would start with a warning for any bowler that doesn’t complete their over on time unless there’s special circumstances like an injury or something else. If they do it again they’re not allowed to bowl their fourth over. Anyone who gets a warning has it lasting for two games and every-time they delay proceedings after a warning an additional over gets cut from their bowling quota. I’m sure that it’ll be easy enough to game after a while but given that it’s a rule I came up with in the last five minutes I’m sure it can be refined. The penalty runs idea is good too but I think certain teams will game it even more.

Cricket can also not afford to be stubborn and beholden to the broadcasters anymore with climate change. Half the reason why games are so stubbornly fixed with mandatory timeouts, breaks and other stuff is because of broadcasters wishes and stipulations. They’ve got to renegotiate and ensure that every future negotiation mandates that any and all broadcasting requirements gets to be ignored if there is a weather related interruption upon which a standard set of rules and protocols are to be followed.

How is it disrespectful? Was it not true that the USA lured a few players with the promise of green cards? Netravalkar, Harmeet have played for India U-19 in the past. There are plenty in their 30 man probables that have been wooed away on account of better playing prospects. These players wouldnt have moved had they gotten the right opportunities in their country.

Because it is stereotyping. Netravalkar whose example you bring up wasn’t wooed by cricket, he moved there because he got a scholarship. The bloke didn’t even bring his cricket kit with him on his first flight. He only started playing cricket because he saw that there was a scene for it.

Sure, the US did do what you’ve mentioned but most of those blokes weren’t playing yesterday and they’ve done it with other regions as well, restricting it to the subcontinent isn’t right. If anything they’re far more guilty (if one can be) of trying to do that with Carribean cricketers throughout their history more than subcontinental ones.

A tribute to Babar Azam. Goodnight.

Babar Azam, the "king," they say with jest,
In cricket's realm, he tries his best.
Yet whispers float, a mocking ring,
"Just another player, a 'ghantay ka king.'"

Came across this match analysis video from Pakistan.

The former cricketers in the panel were, Shoaib Akhtar, Younus Khan, Mohammad Hafeez and MARTIN GUPTILL!

I feel for Martin Guptill nodding blankly while Hafeez went on with his rant in Urdu. It was so awkward for him. Poor planning from the channel coupled with lack of awareness from Hafeez I think.

Came across this match analysis video from Pakistan.

The former cricketers in the panel were, Shoaib Akhtar, Younus Khan, Mohammad Hafeez and MARTIN GUPTILL!

I feel for Martin Guptill nodding blankly while Hafeez went on with his rant in Urdu. It was so awkward for him. Poor planning from the channel coupled with lack of awareness from Hafeez I think.
It's because PTV Sports is run by Dr. Nauman Niaz who thinks that a foreign guest is necessary for "prestige". Still stuck in 1940. Just have Bazid Khan there and he'll give you the only analysis worth listening too (although Hafeez is good too).

It's because PTV Sports is run by Dr. Nauman Niaz who thinks that a foreign guest is necessary for "prestige". Still stuck in 1940. Just have Bazid Khan there and he'll give you the only analysis worth listening too (although Hafeez is good too).
If thats the case, the programme should be run in English, right? No point having a prestigious guest when you have very little for him to share his insights.

I personally feel A Sports does the best bulletin but strangely I am unable to find any for the ongoing WC on their youtube channel.

I think it possible for Shoaib Akhtar to be Pakistan coach within a few months guys don't panic
Who is panicking? And what are your reasons for Akhtar being coach? Please enlighten us

For me it his cricket brain and knowledge that will bring Pakistan what they need
I feel local international talents do not do wonder with Pakistan. Also its just been 1 match and they lost. You are panicking by picking different coaches in different posts. Gary Kirsten has won a championship with India, give him sometime, he will get this team back around.

Users who are viewing this thread