T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Uganda was always going to end up performing this way- they were surprise entries to the WC at the expense of a bad Zimbabwe, they were clearly the weakest team in the tournament. The win over PNG would be a very good thing for them to take home by itself. And I wasn't so surprised- PNG have been poor for so long as well, and it was Uganda's perfect chance to get their first T20 WC Win.

I'm happy the likes of Dinesh Nakrani, Riazat Ali Shah and Alpesh Ramjani are getting exposure with big teams in the big stage, really talented trio of all-rounders. And the other players too. This is what a World Cup truly is. 20 teams, and from all over the world.
Post automatically merged:

Sri Lanka though… what an utter mess of a campaign. Just like with the KLR comment I made earlier, Chandimal could feel hard done that he wasn’t selected in the one tournament where his skillset could have actually been useful. Even beyond that… I’m just not sure what the likes of Mathews and de Silva are doing in this format. It must be even more frustrating when they’ve got a promising bowling attack that just needs a bit of better guidance.

They missed a trick by not playing Samarawickrama. He averages high in T20Is in 2024 and is in form too. Dhananjaya de Silva just shouldn't be in a goddamn T20 team. Mathews has been doing decently with bat and ball since his return though.

This NYC pitch is pure acid
Outfield is just as bad. Shots that are played on the ground that generally go for four are all just singles or doubles because as soon as the ball leaves the 30-yard circle the friction slows it down incredibly. Need a big hit to even get boundaries and due to the pitch even those shots just go aerial and land in no man's land and end up as 1 or 2 runs again.

Uganda was always going to end up performing this way- they were surprise entries to the WC at the expense of a bad Zimbabwe, they were clearly the weakest team in the tournament. The win over PNG would be a very good thing for them to take home by itself. And I wasn't so surprised- PNG have been poor for so long as well, and it was Uganda's perfect chance to get their first T20 WC Win.

I'm happy the likes of Dinesh Nakrani, Riazat Ali Shah and Alpesh Ramjani are getting exposure with big teams in the big stage, really talented trio of all-rounders. And the other players too. This is what a World Cup truly is. 20 teams, and from all over the world.

They missed a trick by not playing Samarawickrama. He averages high in T20Is in 2024 and is in form too. Dhananjaya de Silva just shouldn't be in a goddamn T20 team. Mathews has been doing decently with bat and ball since his return though.
Uganda bowled well, West Indies looked they'd get 200 and we're a little lucky to get what the did thanks to some edges and sloppy fielding. Kyewuta and Miyagi are two prize assets, if they can keep developing I could see Uganda making more appearances in the future.

They need some batting and wicket keeper. West Indies might be one of the toughest places to make your global debut, pitches can offer something to everyone and the learning up curve and quality jump is huge. The fact they're in a group with three teams who are all potential semi finalists, is tough.

It's a huge step-up, but the fact that they are there is the important thing for me. I've enjoyed watching their matches.

He a class act

Rain already it looks like there will be no game at all, they had a week knowledge there was rain forecasted why not move this game to Yankees stadium or Dallas cricket ground

Can't lose if I support everyone
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread