T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Top knock from Bairstow. When will England learn to not try to fit every opener into the XI. Even Ben Duckett, the backup, is mainly an opener in the domestic circuit
Duckett actually looked good, if I recall correctly, at 4 when we played in Pakistan. I'd be tempted to bring him in at 4. I feel like the innings loses momentum with Bairstow there. Duckett has potential to rotate more, particularly against spin. Still got plenty of other bigger hitters that can play around him.

Duckett actually looked good, if I recall correctly, at 4 when we played in Pakistan. I'd be tempted to bring him in at 4. I feel like the innings loses momentum with Bairstow there. Duckett has potential to rotate more, particularly against spin. Still got plenty of other bigger hitters that can play around him.
What is your opinion on Brook? I think he should be batting a little higher. Doesn't look like a finisher.

What is your opinion on Brook? I think he should be batting a little higher. Doesn't look like a finisher.
I can see why they moved Moeen up, R/L combo and he's good against spin. I'd expect Brook to bat at 5 more often. I think he can do well against pace at the death (I hope he can today!)

Really don't understand why jacks opened the bowling like he not known for his bowling, and it sets the wrong tone to start a very important game

So England, Sri Lanka both almost out?

So England, Sri Lanka both almost out?

Sri Lanka’s almost certainly out. I’m not even sure if they can beat Netherlands unless associate basher Hasaranga turns up. Still expect England to make it through.

Sri Lanka though… what an utter mess of a campaign. Just like with the KLR comment I made earlier, Chandimal could feel hard done that he wasn’t selected in the one tournament where his skillset could have actually been useful. Even beyond that… I’m just not sure what the likes of Mathews and de Silva are doing in this format. It must be even more frustrating when they’ve got a promising bowling attack that just needs a bit of better guidance.

Australia are the kings of cricket all the other countries need to focus and not give a sign of weakness or lack of focus guys

Rain in forecast from 9 am to 12.30 pm!! Lets goooooo
e2SkMv79w0hsUBILVmFt.png

Users who are viewing this thread