T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Indian team had no business winning this game and yes Bumrah the magician bowled a pretty stunning spell to knock them out but Pakistan should be literally kicking themselves for not handling the chase well. For the most part of the chase, they looked on course and the blame should rightfully go to Rizwan who made a royal mess of it and let India right back into the game.

This pitch was definitely better than earlier games, but I heard Akram or someone say in commentary "drop in pitches take time to mature and they ideally need 6-12 months for proper maturity". I will stand by my earlier statement that it is an ABJECT FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS to award New York the opportunity to host WC games when there was no cricket ground just 3 months prior to this event (it was a god damn park, that was converted to a makeshift ground). And that too, they decided to base the most popular cricket team, India, and make them play 80% of their league games on this ground so that they could make a big buck on the ticket sales.

I would call "New York cricket ground" as a HUGE FAILURE and hope the ICC learns lessons out of it and doesnt give New York anything until they can build a solid infrastructure if they are really interested in the cricketing potential of the future.

It was over for Pakistan as soon as they showed 85-15 in favor of them. Kohli last time, Bumrah this time!

How did they lose? For starters, they were too tentative with the bat. In the Indian innings we saw the pitch behaved far better than in the previous games.

Pakistan were simply ambling along. That still is no excuse to not to chase down 120. Pakistan certainly needs to alter the batting lineup here. Rizwan and Babar maybe good players, but they aren't meant to open in T20s. Hope better sense prevails soon.

I watched the highlights again, someone please tell Dravid that we have Axar , not Azhar ,who is meant to bat at 4.

Despite that, India were doing well at the halfway stage when they seemingly lost track. SKY has been a concern for us and I'd rather see Samson in for the next game now. From 72/2 odd, we should have really gone on to score atleast 150-160.

For Pakistan on a good batting wicked, scoring 50 odd in the first 10 is inexcusable. Rizwan with 31 off 45, man, you could have tried to score faster. The rest of Pakistani lineup- well, you take out Babar, Rizwan and Fakhar and they are worse than the worst Test playing nation here.

The only reason why these pitches aren’t attracting more flak is because of the fatigue from the IPL’s highways
Yep, watch this get more attention when teams that were expected to move onto the next round fail to do so. It's only a matter of time.

Yep, watch this get more attention when teams that were expected to move onto the next round fail to do so. It's only a matter of time.
ICC thanking their heavens that India didn't lose yesterday, else all hell would have broken loose.

I watched the highlights again, someone please tell Dravid that we have Axar , not Azhar ,who is meant to bat at 4.

Despite that, India were doing well at the halfway stage when they seemingly lost track. SKY has been a concern for us and I'd rather see Samson in for the next game now. From 72/2 odd, we should have really gone on to score atleast 150-160.

For Pakistan on a good batting wicked, scoring 50 odd in the first 10 is inexcusable. Rizwan with 31 off 45, man, you could have tried to score faster. The rest of Pakistani lineup- well, you take out Babar, Rizwan and Fakhar and they are worse than the worst Test playing nation here.

I think to negate left arms, Axar was sent. He did well as well before throwing his wicket. The lineup is not fixed is what Rohit said so its what they are going by.

Since Dube is not bowling, I would rather see Samson or Jaiswal open with Rohit and Virat at 3z

I don't think it was a good batting wicket, better than we've seen perhaps. Also the outfield is terrible.

I think the big difference was Rishabh Pant coming at 3 and being in during the power play. He hits the ball in unusual places (intentionally and unintentionally).

I think Fakhar is the guy that could've done that Pakistan but he didn't come into until the 11th over.

Sending Axar was a great move. The Pakistani lineup had 2 left arm seamers, 1 left arm spinner and a leg spinner which would have obviously been easier for the left handers to play and to be fair, Axar did well until he got out.

It wasn't an easy wicket. It was a slow wicket which was holding up a bit (see Jadeja's wicket) and even the outfield was slow hence it was incredibly difficult to hit through the line which led to lesser fours and more running between the wickets. This is also where Pakistan lost a bit because they weren't trying to convert ones into twos and twos into threes.

Pant played a heart attack inducing innings but made full use of his luck which gave India something to play with. That said, other Indian batsmen were dismal.

I wanted to post this since yesterday before the match but couldn't.
Shaheen, Naseem se dar nahin lagta saab, Amir se lagta hai.

I don't fear Shaheen or Naseem, Amir scares me.

Users who are viewing this thread