T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

I am going to sound like a 'tape recorder on an infinite loop' here - but as long as people keep associating 'cricket performance to national duty and equate it to national pride', incidents like these are always going to happen. Pakistan could have easily made the Super 8's if they got one hit right against USA in that Super Over. That's how close their campaign was! I know Pakistan should not have gotten to that point of a Super Over vs USA, but things happen a lot faster in T20 cricket that gives Associates a chance for upsets especially when you are not well exposed to them and its the beginning of a tournament.

Imagine the outrcy from Pakistan if the roles was reversed like a Indian guy abusing xyz Indian player and Indian player saying are you a Pakistani.
That wouldn’t happen though, as i told you there’s 10 times more Indians than Pakistanis on the internet, and 10 times more Indian fans who abuse players, both their own and Pakistani. Even the Indian player would know it’s an Indian abusing him. Only instance i can remember of the roles being reversed is a fan saying "baap kaun hai ab?" to Shami after the CT17 final, in response to Sehwag and others' similar taunting
Again, you are taking a small topic from being nothing to everything brother! 2023 World Cup is done and dusted, its been almost a year. No point bringing in anything because Haris decided to stereotype a brown as an Indian. We are not salty he said that!
Sweep it under the carpet and it will keep happening, in fact worse will happen.

That wouldn’t happen though, as i told you there’s 10 times more Indians than Pakistanis on the internet, and 10 times more Indian fans who abuse players, both their own and Pakistani. Even the Indian player would know it’s an Indian abusing him.

Sweep it under the carpet and it will keep happening, in fact worse will happen.
Now if our population is so much, there will be 10 times more people right?

Now if our population is so much, there will be 10 times more people right?
Exactly my point, so it’s not that outlandish for Haris to assume that he’s being insulted by an Indian fan, because he must have come across more abuse from them than from Pakistani fans.
It’s not a judgement on the whole country or fanbase, but just a matter of logic

Exactly my point, so it’s not that outlandish for Haris to assume that he’s being insulted by an Indian fan, because he must have come across more abuse from them than from Pakistani fans.
It’s not a judgement on the whole country or fanbase, but just a matter of logic
Still stereotyping! I would not go around in New York city and calling everyone who is a taxi driver a Pakistani and ask them how do you feel losing to USA by your logic seeing most drivers are from Pakistan or Bangladesh. Or go to a restaurant and order paneer tikka and assume this is Indian since even Pakistani's who migrated here sell food and some sell it as Indian food.

Logic makes sense? No right, so does Haris's but again we are not crying that he thought the guy was Indian trying to insult him. Its how Indians and Pakistani brains have been trained. Blaming one side is doing no good.

Still stereotyping! I would not go around in New York city and calling everyone who is a taxi driver a Pakistani and ask them how do you feel losing to USA by your logic seeing most drivers are from Pakistan or Bangladesh. Or go to a restaurant and order paneer tikka and assume this is Indian since even Pakistani's who migrated here sell food and some sell it as Indian food.
Fair enough, you are right about this.
However, i don't blame him too much for losing his head and stereotyping someone when hearing "500 dollars le ke maa ch*dwaa le" in front of his wife.
He's constantly praised Kohli over the years so it's not like he hates Indians.
Logic makes sense? No right, so does Haris's but again we are not crying that he thought the guy was Indian trying to insult him. Its how Indians and Pakistani brains have been trained. Blaming one side is doing no good.
Come on, don't act like you weren't using that as bait before for your own trolling.

Personally feel this debate is going on for far too long. Might be prudent to take this thread in another direction.

Personally feel this debate is going on for far too long. Might be prudent to take this thread in another direction.
You want me to bring the batman meme back :p

and some sell it as Indian food
And, what's wrong? The culinary traditions of the Indian subcontinent are still called Indian, they don't only belong to the Republic of India. There were no nation-states when these dishes were invented.
Even Urdu can be called an Indian language.
See what i mean with the political undertones that are prevalent with you guys?

Yeah. Atleast that was funny :laughter:
I was warned, not doing it no more
Post automatically merged:

And, what's wrong? The culinary traditions of the Indian subcontinent are still called Indian, they don't only belong to the Republic of India. There were no nation-states when these dishes were invented.
Even Urdu can be called an Indian language.
See what i mean with the political undertones that are prevalent with you guys?
Because its false advertising and I dont get Paneer tikka only Paneer kadai :crying: :crying: :crying:

world cup: has a rest day

PC members:
more like

7xw3fd.gif

Ask them for tikka then :cry:
Apparently Kadai is more famous in Pakistan compared to making Tikka. #LosersLifeForVegetarian

Back to Cricket, it was good to get a day off as a viewer as well. Finally did my laundry!

Users who are viewing this thread