T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

I wish Afghanistan can beat Australia tonight so that Australia come out hungry against Indian team and beat Indian team on Monday. Indian team seriously needs a defeat before they hit the knockouts so that it keeps them focused and on their toes for the knockouts. If Australia beat AFG tonight, both India and Australia qualify and the Monday game becomes a dead rubber and I am sure Aussies will come out relaxed and are better at giving a false sense of domination to their opponents before the real thing (knockouts).

I take back my above message as it is pretty clear that India needs to ensure that they win against Australia and top the group, as India will be playing the second semifinal in Guyana and the forecast is for 70% chances of rain/storms. If India lose to Australia and end up as the 2nd team in their group and their semifinal is washed out, India is knocked out!

Well damn, thats some twist there and makes the Monday game (India vs Australia) and tonight's game (AFG vs AUS) very interesting!

I take back my above message as it is pretty clear that India needs to ensure that they win against Australia and top the group, as India will be playing the second semifinal in Guyana and the forecast is for 70% chances of rain/storms. If India lose to Australia and end up as the 2nd team in their group and their semifinal is washed out, India is knocked out!

Well damn, thats some twist there and makes the Monday game (India vs Australia) and tonight's game (AFG vs AUS) very interesting!

There is 70% chance of rain at all grounds for the next 2 weeks. Not looking good at all!

Will be interesting to see how Afghanistan turn up today after that WC game last year.

The only ones who didn’t think Bumrah would be up there are our fans ironically. Think pretty much everyone else knows that he is the best white ball bowler out there.
The England series earlier this year if he wasn't there I am pretty much sure we would have lost the series.

The dismissal of Stokes, Root, Pope and other all present came at a crucial point and change the course of the matches throughout the series.

An all condition not just an all format bowler.

The MCG boxing day test in 2020-21 series was another example picking up Steve Smith in the 2nd was the crucial turning point.

Just like the Indian team somehow the fortune doesn't favour him much in knockouts both the WTC finals specifically however looked the best bowler in the WC final last year.

Last edited:
Ibrahim Zadran is pure class.

This is a wonderful start by Afghanistan! Setting themselves up for a tough total on this sluggish pitch.

If Afghanistan can reach 160 ish, with the bowling attack they have anything is possible.

So far fortunes have favored the Afghans.

Few misfields, half chances and now a missed stumping too.

Pakistan fields better than whatever the f*ck we have been doing tonight!

Last edited:
We are living in the Pat Cummins era.

2nd Consecutive Hattrick.

Two Games, Two Hattricks! Pat Cummins :love:

Atleast 20 short.

Fluke Head goes early.

Will emd up smashing India in the next game though lol.

Will come down to holding the nerves from Afghans.

If somehow they hold it they have a great chance else Auss

Users who are viewing this thread