T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

The World Cup isnt only about being crowned Asia's 2nd best
They must have braindead people in the management if they think like this - Afghanistan, India & Pakistan are easily better - SL (might be a tough fight for the 4th spot)

1719293772059.png

I still don't get this! The only plausible explanation being that they were trying to win the game outside of the 12 overs on account of the money that the ICC pays the member boards (for finishing in a particular position)

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 06.39.19.png
tumblr_nngwkxptcj1tl5pz3o3_250.gif

Why is everyone showing the DL par score right now? At 3.2 overs the game cannot be constituted. For a full game, the minimum overs required are 5.

If the broadcasters intend on showing the DLS par, they should mention that the DLS par after 5 overs will be XXX.
Because of how DLS is calculated, it's also a good shorthand for whether the chasing team is doing well or not

It’s quite insane that Bangladesh willingly gave up a chance to qualify for the semis

It’s quite insane that Bangladesh willingly gave up a chance to qualify for the semis

Think they just gave up on it because they didn’t back themselves and were afraid of being mocked if they batted irresponsibly in vain.

Another part of me things they also wanted to deny Afghanistan a win because it would make them appear even worse when the latter has reached a WC semi-final before them.

Another part of me things they also wanted to deny Afghanistan a win because it would make them appear even worse when the latter has reached a WC semi-final before them.
Task failed successfully.

But seriously, it's baffling they didn't appear to be interested in qualifing for the semis.

That was an amazing game of cricket. Watched every single ball of that game and it was mind blowing.

Afghanistan during their batting somehow actually forgot how to bat. Gurbaz had no clue whats happening and I think tried playing way too many shots. 55 ball 44 odd in T20 isn’t acceptable. Should have been atleast run a ball.

2 maiden overs and total of 67 dot deliveries meaning they scored 115 in 8.5 overs. Thanks to Rashid who was the only one who batter fearlessly with the 19 runs and thats the difference at the end of the day.

Bowling wise, the Afghani bowling is dangerous on most days. Noor, Rashid and Nabi were going to be crucial on that pitch. Unfortunately for Nabi the dropped catch does not show a wicket to his tally but he bowled well as well.

Bangladesh had no clue whether to go for a semi spot or eliminate Afghanistan. In the end the dilemma costed them a place as well as a victory.

Das giving strike to Fizz and Taskin just proved that.

That Bangladesh team is horrible, the management is horrible and everything related to the chase was horrible. They needed 75 in 49 at one point to win the semi spot. That was certainly doable but I guess losing wickets in a row pegged them back.

Should be a fun semis now with South Africa and Afghanistan. Hoping for a Afghani win!

Also Afghanistan qualifying for semis before Bangladesh, ya we all predicted that.

Also surprising to see the Aussie media reaction and spirit of the game nonsense. Aussies have done worst and Gulab did well. He show he wanted his team to win. There is nothing wrong and every sports in some or other days that.

Well played Afghanistan, the second best Asian limited over team!

Well for me Virat Kholi just being there to lift the historic cup will mean a lot for India as a country
My dear, we have a semi-final to go first. Even if we win that there's still a final to be won.

Lastly, your Kohli is yet to strike any semblance of form here. If he continues his rich vein of poor form, there's a good chance that half the country will be crying based on what we do in Guyana.

Users who are viewing this thread