T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

And why don't we chase anymore these days (it has been years TBH) ? We used to chase everytime , when won the toss .

Does Shamsi have a bad matchup against these two? Why doesn’t he bowl?
Post automatically merged:

And why don't we chase anymore these days (it has been years TBH) ? We used to chase everytime , when won the toss .

It’s a Dravid team, they’re going to stick with the conservative strategy every time.

If it does aid spinners though I’d rather bat first to be fair.

South Africa also sticking to their conservative strategies. Shamsi and Nortje have both bowled later than expected here.

South Africa also sticking to their conservative strategies. Shamsi and Nortje have both bowled later than expected here.

I believe Markram’s captaincy is overrated and this is proving why.

160 should be a good total here! By 15 overs we should be at 100-110 to get there

Kohli has gone into a shell as expected. I really think he needs to score a few. He is too slow as well. Giving me vibes of Ahmedabad 2023 where he did the same and then got out.

160 should be a good total here! By 15 overs we should be at 100-110 to get there

I’m not so sure, that would be a par score IMO or just slightly above par.

On the other hand the Proteas batting unit has been inconsistent too so we do have a chance even with a par score.

Kohli has gone into a shell as expected. I really think he needs to score a few. He is too slow as well. Giving me vibe sof Ahmedabad 2023 where he did the same and then got out.

Agreed, it’s one thing to do this in an ODI but you should be putting pressure back on the bowler in a T20I instead of relying on strike rotation and your partner hitting the boundaries.

Can only hope he doesn’t get out and does his thing in the death.

Agreed, it’s one thing to do this in an ODI but you should be putting pressure back on the bowler in a T20I instead of relying on strike rotation and your partner hitting the boundaries.

Can only hope he doesn’t get out and does his thing in the death.
Exactly.

Looks like they are targeting last 5 overs now.

Which is as @SMMODS would say Stupid move.

I’m not so sure, that would be a par score IMO or just slightly above par.

On the other hand the Proteas batting unit has been inconsistent too so we do have a chance even with a par score.
Agree. Getting a part score though against a wobbly Protean mid order might be akin to ticking off a mental block.
Post automatically merged:

Exactly.

Looks like they are targeting last 5 overs now.

Which is as @SMMODS would say Stupid move.
It is a bit stupid, especially if you have Hardik and Dube to follow.

Stupid Kohli playing tuktuk

Sticking to his mid 120 SR for a reason.

Should retire now from T20s gracefully.

This is pure stupid and selfish.

Exactly opposite of what Rohit Sharma has said for this team.

Users who are viewing this thread