T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

INCREDIBLE win there for Indian team!! Even when Klassen plundered Axar Patel for that 24 run over and brought South Africa to "30 runs off 30 balls", I was telling my dad that Bumrah has 2 more overs and it is not going to be easy even with that equation for South Africa. But the man who broke it open was Hardik who bowled a beautiful slow off cutter to snap the rampaging Klassen and open the floodgates for Bumrah to come in and cause mayhem!!!

It was surreal to see the team in tears and let go of their emotions, and I enjoyed watching it. But a part of my heart felt the pain for South Africa and the emotions that they showed (especially Miller, who was crying while waiting to see if SKY had caught that ball properly at the boundary or not). Honestly speaking, I was supporting South Africa in this game just for their very tough history of losing crucial moments in World Cups and not having won a World Cup at all in 33 years (if you count from 1991, when they re-entered cricket after their 'apartheid ban'). I still feel that they did not choke today and rather it was Bumrah and India that held their nerve very well and broke it open. The 'C' word has lost its relevance these days with it being thrown around so carelessly the moment a defeat happens, without analyzing how the defeat happened.

But extremely well played to the Indian team and I am sure this buzz is not going to die down that easily. And finally - good decision from Virat Kohli to announce his T20I retirement on a high here! India were lucky to end up on the right side today and if they hadn't, it would have been crucification for the way he played. He does not suit the aggressive approach and his 'anchor approach' does not fit the modern day T20 gameplay and therefore its the perfect decision to call it quits in this format at the international level. He can easily play 5-6 years of IPL cricket and should plunder many runs there.

Last edited:
Finally . No matter in future we win or not , the memories of this win would be permanent . More so because we waited a lot . A lot . To digest so many knockout losses . Thank You God .

Ho gaya bhai . Ho gaya .

trans : it has happened brother , it has happened :love::love:

But missed the carrying of Kohli , more so because it was his last T20i . Anyways , the win is memorable

I think this could just be the thing that the Indian side needed. It is possible that we go on a winning spree from here on. Sometimes, all it takes is for the first domino to fall and the rest follow suit. I do believe( and I said it before as well after the CWC23 loss) this side will go on to clinch a few more World titles in a row from now on.

INCREDIBLE win there for Indian team!! Even when Klassen plundered Axar Patel for that 24 run over and brought South Africa to "30 runs off 30 balls", I was telling my dad that Bumrah has 2 more overs and it is not going to be easy even with that equation for South Africa. But the man who broke it open for Hardik who bowled a beautiful slow off cutter to snap the rampaging Klassen and open the floodgates for Bumrah to come in and cause mayhem!!!

It was surreal to see the team in tears and let go of their emotions, and I enjoyed watching it. But a part of my heart felt the pain for South Africa and the emotions that they showed (especially Miller, who was crying while waiting to see if SKY had caught that ball properly at the boundary or not). Honestly speaking, I was supporting South Africa in this game just for their very tough history of losing crucial moments in World Cups and not having won a World Cup at all in 33 years (if you count from 1991, when they re-entered cricket after their 'apartheid ban'). I still feel that they did not choke today and rather it was Bumrah and India that held their nerve very well and broke it open. The 'C' word has lost its relevance these days with it being thrown around so carelessly the moment a defeat happens, without analyzing how the defeat happened.

But extremely well played to the Indian team and I am sure this buzz is not going to die down that easily. And finally - good decision from Virat Kohli to announce his T20I retirement on a high here! India were lucky to end up on the right side today and if they hadn't, it would have been crucification for the way he played. He does not suit the aggressive approach and his 'anchor approach' does not fit the modern day T20 gameplay and therefore its the perfect decision to call it quits in this format at the international level. He can easily play 5-6 years of IPL cricket and should plunder many runs there.

When it was 49 off 30 I was think Bumrah must bowl now or game over
I just saw that.

NO WAY. :lol

I think it a scandal

I disagree and I say this as a Spurs fan who has seen multiple comments of choking being thrown whenever they lose with no meaning.

In this context they needed only a run a ball with two of the most destructive hitters at the crease in full flow, three lower order bowlers yet to come who could still hit a boundary or rotate strike if needed on a pitch that was struggling to yield results for most bowlers. Even after Klaasen’s wicket they still had an advantage with 22 from 18 required and just one Bumrah over to go. They just made a bunch of small mistakes that cost them dearly. It’s not just the last phase though… Stubbs and Quinny had two embarrassing dismissals, Maharaj didn’t bowl out his quota and Jansen bowled an over at the death despite looking absolute pish for the entirety of his four overs.

I don’t think them falling at the final hurdle or choking diminishes their achievement though, they did an extremely good job reaching the final (their first WC final ever) and offering stern competition to an Indian side that hadn’t lost a game. I don’t think it’s a mentality issue, there’s plenty of smaller issues that can be fixed easily (starting with Aiden himself) and I think they could easily be finalists in the next three ICC events with an aim of lifting the trophy in 2027 regardless of events prior.

Users who are viewing this thread