T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

It was surreal to see the team in tears and let go of their emotions, and I enjoyed watching it. But a part of my heart felt the pain for South Africa and the emotions that they showed (especially Miller, who was crying while waiting to see if SKY had caught that ball properly at the boundary or not). Honestly speaking, I was supporting South Africa in this game just for their very tough history of losing crucial moments in World Cups and not having won a World Cup at all in 33 years (if you count from 1991, when they re-entered cricket after their 'apartheid ban'). I still feel that they did not choke today and rather it was Bumrah and India that held their nerve very well and broke it open. The 'C' word has lost its relevance these days with it being thrown around so carelessly the moment a defeat happens, without analyzing how the defeat happened.
This was an enornmous choke (sorry South Africa fans).

Credit to India, they were in a position where they couldn't make a mistake in the last five overs and they didn't. Even so, South Africa should still have won needing 6 runs per over in 5 overs. They scored 24 in the 15th and then 24 in the last five overs.

This wasn't New York or some slow, low, raging turner where 30 from 30 might be tricky. It was a placcid pitch where most of the wickets were batters giving it away or hitting out. South Africa completely bungled it.

fearsome tweak politics, fearsome tweak bcci, fearsome tweak their evil practices.

As a lover of cricket and Indian fan nothing gives you more Joy than your team winning an world event.

Grateful enough to witness the 2007 WT20, 2011 WC and 2013 CT and now this after 11 years of wait and getting so close every time.

Every win is special.

We are coming for 50 over world cup now guys. Will Rohit and Kholi still play then?
Post automatically merged:

We are coming for 50 over world cup now guys. Will Rohit and Kholi still play then?

Users who are viewing this thread