Story 09:West Indies Journey in T20 World Cup {VS England}

i thought WI beating Australia was an upset. then i thought scotland beating NZ was an upset then I was like, whats wrong with this WC when I saw India being bowled out for 30.

India, all out for 30 against Bangladesh. Seriously?

But mate, i love how you do every single ball, gives us alot more detail on how the match is going.

:clap

yeah, great so far, keep it up mate. I still have no idea how India got bowled out for 30 by Bangladesh

typical icc 20/20 results... just so inconsistent
i thought they would of fixed it in 09 but obviously not

no they're better. although maybe only in your games. my average T20 score so far is like 180. and my highest is 220.

Day 3
2 Fixrure
South Africa VS Scotland
England Vs Pakistan

South Africa Easy win off Scotland
104531.jpg

afgi3d.jpg

11l52qg.jpg

England Fight as they beat Pakistan, to Qualified for the next round.
104543.jpg

33o6ycg.jpg

qo6m44.jpg

muqc.jpg

Day 4
Bangladesh VS Ireland
Australia Vs Sri Lanka

Bangladesh Swing into the 2nd round as they beat Ireland.
104576.jpg

2ep7tz4.jpg

k3lldw.jpg

15g9kt2.jpg

Australia Vs Sri Lanka
R Ponting Restore hope in Australia, as they Beat Sri Lanka
1zm09sp.jpg

23htzqw.jpg

wl7ztj.jpg

Day 5
Pakistan Vs Netherlands
South Africa Vs New Zealand

Netherlands Spoiled Pakistan Party.
104618.jpg

5orw5x.jpg

2d0x46a.jpg

33euce0.jpg

New Zeland win against South Africa, Send Both S.A and N.Z into the next round knocking out Scotland
104628.jpg

2d6jq4j.jpg

2wojgoy.jpg

2vlwc5f.jpg

So Far in each Group.
Group A
mmd0rl.jpg

Bangladesh have Qualified for the next round.
India Must Win to stay in the Competition, and defend there Cup.

Group B
289zyix.jpg

Both England and Netherlands are in the next round, and a Big Disappointment for Pakistan.

Group C
2n68cqb.jpg

Australia is Confrim for the nest round, not it's the battle between Sri Lanka and West Indies.
If West Indies Win they are In, but if they Lose it will depend on there run rate, Sri Lanka Run rate is very Poor.

Group D
2nqtk60.jpg

South Africa and New Zealand are in Scotland is knock out

2 Spots Remain
India Or Ireland
Sri Lanka Or West Indies
Only 2 match Remain and it's a Must Win for everyone

Last edited:
West Indies VS Sri Lanka.

West Indies Have lose there Captain as he is suffering From injury.

West Indies XI: D Ramdin (Cap/wkt), X Marshall, L Simmons, R Sarwan, S Chanderpaul, D Bravo, D Bernard, D Sammy, S Benn, J Taylor, F Edwards.

Sri Lanka XI: K Sangakkara(Cap/Wkt), S Jayasuriya, D Jayawarden, A Mathews, T Dilshan, L Silva, M Maharoof, K Kulasekara, M Thushara, B Mendias, M M'itharam

Condition: Good Batting condition

Toss:
Sri Lanka won the toss and Bowled​

Windies owned Aussie.

NZ get hammered by scotland yet manage to beat South Africa, shocking state of affairs...

Sri Lankan Fielder have made there way out on the field. Followed by the West Indies Opening Pair of X Marshall and L Simmons.

X Marshall A Big hitter, but his Consistence in performance is Poor.
While L Simmons is Powerful Thinker, He plays his self into the game, and he can also hit big. Recently against Australia he scored 63 not ou.
He will be looking to Continue that Progress.

West Indies will be looking for these two to get off to a good start.

On the other Hand Sri Lanka, must Win and Win Big, if they want to go to the next stage. They will be looking to put they full force against West Indies.

To Open the Bowling for Sri Lanka it's Thilan Thushara.
He does have a great 2020 Career, bowling 18 over and taking 4 wickets at an avg of 33.

Over 1

here we go the first Over.
X Marshall to face the first ball.

0.1: Thilan to Marshall: 1 Runs, Marshall punch the Ball to the off side but straight to a Field.
0.2: Thilan to Simmons: 1 Runs, Simmon played on the BAck foot as he sits in on the leg Side as they hurry for a quick single.
0.3: Thilan to Marshall: 0 run, Marshall was beaten on the Off side, as the ball turn away from him, why he had a big swing at it.
0.4: Thilan to Marshall: 0 run, Marshall Play a defensive shot.
0.5: Thilan to Marshall: 2 Runs, Say he lean back and Crash it on the off side and they run 2 easy runs.
0.6 Thilan to Marshall: 1 runs, a bouncer as MArshall pull it, but only get 1 run.

West Indies are off to a good start as they got 5 runs from the first over.

Over 2

N Kulasekara, only 1 run in his career will be looking to get more, in this match.

as he bowl to Marshall
1.1: Kalasekara to Marshall: 6 Runs: a Bouncer on the off side and Marshall Swing the bat at it as the ball Fly over the off side boundary for 6 Runs.
he is powerfully and he keeps on going on like this, we can be in for a Big match.
1.2: Kalasekara to Marshall: 0Runs A better ball, as he bowl a yorker and MArshall digs it out.
1.3: Kalasekara to Marshall: 1 Runs, Marshall cuts it as they run for one run.
1.4: Kalasekara to Simmons: 1 Run, the ball pitch on the off side, as Simmons played the ball down on the leg side for one run.
1.5: Kalasekara to Marshall: 0 runs. Marshall Played Defensive.
1.6: Kalasekara to Marshall: 1 runs, Marshall cut the ball fine, as they got a easy Run.

A Good over For the West Indies, tehy score 9 runs off the Over
and West Indies are looking good at 14/0

Over 3

Thilan Thushara. come back into the attack.
Marshall on strike.
2.1: Thushara to Marshall:0run Defend the ball. It was a Good ball by Thushara as it cut back into the batsman.
2.2: Thushara to Marshall: 1 Run, Marshall cut the ball as they a easy single.
2.3: Thushara to Simmons: 1 run, Simmons Drive the ball they rush for a single and got it easy.
2.4: Thushara to Marshall: 1 Run, MArshall guide the ball on the offside, and gets a easy single.
2.5: Thushara to Simmons 0 Runs: Simmon played a Lazy shot as he edges the ball, but lucky for him it didn't carry to the Slip.
2.6: Thushara to Simmons, 1 Run, Simmons played the same shoot again, but this time, he time it good as they get a single.

a decent over there by Thilan Thushara as only 4 runs came off it, with troubling Simmons with one ball.

West Indies Still are cruising good,at 18 with out lost.

Over 4

N Kulasekara Come back into the Atatck after his first over went for 9 Runs.
Lets see what he can do.
He will be bowling to Simmons.

3.1 Kulasekara to Simmons: 1 run, Simmons Guide the Ball pass the bowler they rush for one.
3.2 Kulasekara to Marshall: 4 Runs, Marshall Hit the Ball with full power as it Fly pass Kulasekara, who duck as the ball came with Full power and Run down the boundary For 4 Runs.
3.3 Kulasekara to Marshall 2 Runs, Wide off side and Marshall cut it, and they got a easy 2 runs.
3.4 Kulasekara to Marshall 0 run, a much better ball, as Marshall played defensive.
3.5 Kulasekara to Marshall 0 run, Marshall played defensive.
3.6 Kulasekara to Marshal 0 runs,Marshall played defensive.

After 4 Overs, West Indies are 25 with out lost, with Marshall on 20 and Simmons on 5.

Thilan Thushara to bowl his 3rd over.
Simmons on strike.

Over 5

4.1 Thilan to Simmons:4runs, Simmons Pull the Ball as it Race to the boundary for 4 runs
4.2 Thilan to Simmons: 2 Runs Simmons Repeat the same shot, but this time it have been cut off my the field.
4.3 Thilan to Simmons: 2 Runs, Simmons hit the ball straight as he gets another 2 runs
4.4 Thilan to Simmons: 1 Run Simmons Drive the ball as he pick up a single.
What a Explosion from Simmons. as he carry his score from 5 to 14 runs.
4.5 Thilan to Marshall, 2 runs, Marshall Hook a ball, which just drop short of the boundary fielder and they pick up 2 runs
4.6 Thilan to Marshall: 1 run, MArshall drive as they pic up a easy single.

What an Over from West Indies 12 runs from it, as 1 Over Remain of the Powerplay. West Indies will be looking to repeat this Over.

West Indies are now 37 without lost in 5 Overs.
With Marshall on 23 (20) and Simmons on 14 (10)

Last edited:
(I mistake and Played the Whole Match, and forgot I was making the Story. SO I will not Post ball to ball)

West Indies Had begin Good at 37 with out lost after 5 Overs.

The First Ball of the 6th Over. Kulasekara Strikes as he got Marshall LBW for 23.

Simmons follow right after in the 8th over, As he was caught behind off the Bowling of Mendis for 19.
West Indies were 2-44.

Sarwan and Chanderpaul try to push on as they added 28 runs, but Fail to carry on the partnership as Sarwan was caught behind off the bowling of Maharoof.

West Indies never seems to recover as Bravo Fell 2 balls after to Maharoof.
Then there was nothing much for West Indies To Smile about.

with D Barnerd bowled by Murli for 9.

Chanderpaul Came not out on 42 (38) and Ramdin 5 (6)

West Indies Posted a Low total of 112/5

Sri Lanka Chased

Sri Lanka 1st Pair Set up the game for them Scoring a Great partnership of 69 Run in 11 Over. needing 43 in 9 Over.
as Sangakara was Caught behind off Bernard for 35.

Sri Lanka loses another wicket quickly as Bernard take up his 2nd wicket.
Jayasuriya was Caught by Sammy for 27.

they Had to get 34 in 6 Overs.
After Barvo was Slam for 14 run from the next Over

West Indies Fight back as Bernard, Edwards , Bravo and Taylor each keep one of there overs Tight with Only 6 Runs Coming off all 4 overs, Taylor Also Pick up the Wicket of A Matthews for 12. caught by Sammy.

Sri Lanka Needed 13 Runs in the Last Over.
As Gayle turn to Edwards. Who bowled 2 over and got hit for 12runs.

things didn't went Gayle's way, as
F Edward got hit for 14 runs in the Final over.
1st ball: dot
2nd Ball: 4runs
3rd ball: No ball and 3 runs
4th Ball: 4 runs
5th ball: Dot
6th ball: 2 runs
and Sri Lanka have won the Match by 7 wickets with one ball to spare.

Unfortunately For Sri Lanka Winning this still didn't prevent them from been kick out of the tournament.
Sri Lanka Poor Run-rate against Australia got them kick out of the T20 world cup.

8wfa13.jpg

2ed11j7.jpg

Game 2
India Wins Over Ireland Confirm the Place in the T20 super 8.

2lxifxi.jpg

w07bl.jpg

Super 8.
Group E
New Zealand
Bangladesh
Australia
Netherlands

Groups F
India
England
West Indies
South Africa

Last edited:
Very unlucky to lose to Sri Lanka, but the final last over was dire. You've got the harder group in my opinion and that is going to be very hard to get through. Hopefully you can and meet Netherlands in the Final. ;)

Pretty good presentation, could do with spellchecking sometimes and perhaps try the text not centered as it can be a pain on the eyes sometimes to go to a new line. Just my opinion.

Very unlucky to lose to Sri Lanka, but the final last over was dire. You've got the harder group in my opinion and that is going to be very hard to get through. Hopefully you can and meet Netherlands in the Final. ;)

Pretty good presentation, could do with spellchecking sometimes and perhaps try the text not centered as it can be a pain on the eyes sometimes to go to a new line. Just my opinion.

Thank For suggestion, I will try to Improve my spelling check, the next time.
I will try to improve more on the presentation, so it would not be hard to read.
:clap thanks again. Glad to get some suggestion on how to improve, note In the Future, IF you see anything else which could be improve, Please do let me know, because I want to improve My story as much as possible.

SUPER 8

West Indies reach into the Super 8, despite getting beat By Sri Lanka.
West Indies how ever will have to Play there next game which is Against England without there Captain C Gayle.
According to reports, C Gayle may not be able to play the remaining Matches of the T20 World cup.

D Ramdin will be Captaining the Remaining matches.

West Indies XI who should be selected for the Match against England.

A Flecter, X Marshall, S Chanderpaul, R Sarwan, L Simmon, D Ramdin (cap/wkt), D Bernard, K Pollard, S Benn, J Taylor, F Edwards.

Will do, Randy. :)

Apart from spellchecking you should perhaps proof read your updates for spellings of 'there' and such, which even us English always mess up. ;)

Liking the West Indies team to fave England but I don't know if they'll be good enough to defeat many teams without their talisman, Gayle. He makes a big difference by just being in the team.

Good presentation, mate.

Users who are viewing this thread