Record 1012/0 in 66 overs on HARD mode(15.3 RPO)

A 256kbps BSNL net connection! What do you say?

I don't think u need massive speed to play online, just unlimited bandwidth. I was in India 3 months ago and I was playing FIFA 09 against my friend here in the UK LAG free. And I have the same plan from BSNL.

I don't think u need massive speed to play online, just unlimited bandwidth. I was in India 3 months ago and I was playing FIFA 09 against my friend here in the UK LAG free. And I have the same plan from BSNL.

well, i have a 384 kbps. although the lagging was only for a sec or two after releasing the ball...the rest was fine...but LAG during that critical moment made it impossible to time it properly..

even i found the demo extremely difficult...i was 6/6 at first play even on NORMAL mode LOL !!
but after playing just for 2-3 days...i found out the areas where you can exploit like crazy which i did and hence
the posted score.

I think that's where ur problem is.. Stop exploiting the game.. Play on the marit of the ball.. Leave balls and don't play balls from offstump to the leg and vice versa..

I really liked the comparison of Fifa where one can score so many goals while in real most games don't go over 2 goals..
I don't understand why ppl say it's not realistic and how fast paced the game is.. I mean if the game was slow with realistic speed, there would be ppl saying it's too slow..

I just hope one of those major bugs are fixed via patch.. Can't wait to grab my copy tomorrow..

Last edited:
That's one fair old run rate! Not to mention score!

I've only played it a bit so far, and at the moment on normal. I must say though, my lack of patience is hurting me, as I end up having 120 run opening partnerships, before collapsing to 200-6 or 7 and crawling towards 300. I've down that 3 times now. On the other hand I find the bowling quite good, though I'm yet to try hard. I keep bowling the English out for less than 150. In fact, it's been: 112, 149 and 97. I should probably put the difficulty up, though I'm worried that my batting will come completely crashing down.

I think that's where ur problem is.. Stop exploiting the game.. Play on the marit of the ball.. Leave balls and don't play balls from offstump to the leg and vice versa..

fine. i'll leave the balls outside off and leg...

but do you atleast agree that the game should MAKE me want to defend and leave balls rather than me doing it voluntarily ??

but do you atleast agree that the game should MAKE me want to defend and leave balls rather than me doing it voluntarily ??

I'm with you JK. If it is a genuinely good ball I will defend or leave it, these are few and far between though. It is very very easy to score at a huge run rate because most balls are crap balls. 200 runs a session really isn't difficult (in MY opinion) if you're playing each ball "properly".

I'm not the least bit surprised by the total you've scored there to be honest.

I'm actually having a realistic game as far as the AI is concerned. England have gone a little bit crazy but with the right field placements (people deep on off-side) and me dropping the really stupid shots by the batsmen, England are 7-150 off 50 overs in overcast conditions I might add. None of the wickets are stupid ones either.

There is no denial of the game flaws. It's clearly not perfect and need a patch. Nevertheless this probably is the best game out there and ppl should support the developers. There has never been a cricket game where you could have a realistic runrate. I remember going with 10 rpo+ in BLC'99 before deciding on no lofting shots.

If u compare with previous games, the AI has come a long way. Although it needs constant improvement, we shouldn't deny that Transmission has come up with a great attempt. Due to the lack of cricket titles, it's better that we try to adjust ourselves and make this game last for a while till there is something else in the market. If we discourage ppl from buying it then expect no other game for a few more years. And that precisely is my point.

This is a crazy record. I'm lucky to get two balls in a row that are perfectly timed on hard. Everytime I go for the attacking shot its an outside edge to slip. So it seems Codies has made the game just for me :)

This thing doesn't run on my PC if this is the case with AI then its better it doesn't :D

my record 1544/1 i played 50 overs 1st day than i stoped playing cause i m tired i will play tommorow.

just save ur game every over or after some runs and as soon as you get out load the game.. and then after some runs save it again... thats what he did! simple! i can get 1500 for 0

kartik : you must be a super-player otherwise for me the game is not that easy.i find it quite challenging in the Normal mode and have not tried Hard mode as yet.congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread