15 August Independence day - India* 61 years of Freedom..

ursonly11

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned

noname.gif
DEAR ALL,
WISHING U A

Very Happy Independence Day

Cheer to the rebirth of our Motherland!
May the spirit and the love for her flow in our hearts forever.

Its yet another day of recognizing our FREEDOM.
Lets make our country Worth it.
Vande Mataram!

nowwname.gif
nowname.gif

UrsOnly11

Last edited:

ursonly11

International Coach
Happy (early) independence day to all my Indian friends. Does anyone know what the Wagah border is called on the Indian side? I've been looking for the gate opening/closing ceremony on Youtube from the Indian side of the border with no luck.
I guess you have to tune into some Indian News Channel for this

viral1991

International Cricketer
Happy Independence Day to all the Indians. :happy Let us all make the nation proud. :)

viral1991 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

@Ursonly : That's a very good post. :clap

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I guess you have to tune into some Indian News Channel for this

There are several videos on YT from the Pakistani border, I was just wondering if there is something like what I posted in the Pakistani thread from the Indian border as well. I'd imagine it would be similar to the Pakistani as the two sides work together to plan those daily ceremonies on Wagah border.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its called Waga Border only, I'm pretty sure I've seen a VCD of the ceremonies there. You should be able to find it... :)

I had a cracking day today, there were all those sorts of athlete meets in the appartments, with all kinds of sports. Too tired to even touch a kite now! :p

Oh, how much I miss such events on Independence/Republic Days. During my school days, it used to be so much fun. First at school where you have these march past events (we used to sneak out of school after march past was over to avoid those boring speeches) and then we used to have more fun near our homes with our friends.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I respect Mohatma Gandhi, alot, as I heard he was a great and peacful person. I just don't get the fact, that some Indians pray to him as a "god" or something. I mean I'm sure he'd be upset if he was alive about the fact, being "prayed" to rather then "praised".

Neo95

Club Cricketer
Oh, how much I miss such events on Independence/Republic Days. During my school days, it used to be so much fun. First at school where you have these march past events (we used to sneak out of school after march past was over to avoid those boring speeches) and then we used to have more fun near our homes with our friends.

We do that too.:D

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah, I understand how you feel, because it pretty much would be the same thing to me after 2 years. Ah, school life, will always be missed. :(

But then we can cherish these memories for our entire life! :)

ursonly11

International Coach
@usy well mate obviously no one praying to him here. But yes many of agree he was a legend. Everyone do some good and some bad in his life. Anyways cant comment

usy

Chairman of Selectors
So it's rather true still? look at first post, throwing flowers at his pictures, I mean isn't it how it's done in front of Gods/Goddess in Hinduism, corrent me if i'm mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread