20 Glorious years of Sachinism |Salute to the Master |

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you say sachin was > Bradman????

:rtfl

You sure are blinded by national bias :laugh

And I agree with what he said. I have not watched Bradman but I feel that Sachin has also had to contend with the crazy expectations of people who expect a hundred everytime he goes out to bat. The hysteria that follows him everytime he plays is unparallelled. In India, Ganguly is Bengal, Dravid is Karnataka, Dhoni is Jharkhand, Yuvraj is Punjab but Sachin Tendulkar is INDIA! Other players might find most support from their home crowd, but when it comes to Sachin, the whole of India feel the same about supporting him (even though as with every big player, they have their detractors too).

So I consider him above Don. And I am sure that the Don wont mind it (he said Sachin resembles him a lot).

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Sachin Tendulkar is the best batsman among all batsmen I have seen. He's only next to Sir Donald Bradman. He's possibly the second best cricketer as well. Definitely, the best of the modern era. No one, I repeat no one would play for such a long time, leave behind matching his output. He's truely a legend. :clap

I would keep it to 'batsman', not cricketer. People like Sobers, etc might be better cricketers.

Last edited:
actually many consider Sobers the best all-round cricketer and Bradman the best batsman.

I think the difference is simple- Bradman was miles and miles ahead of any batsman at the time, and forever after. No-one is Bradman's day got even close to his average, so it wasnt like everyone was averaging in the 90's back then, it was just one man. He was almost twice as good as anyone. These days, there are so many guys averaging in the 50's, no big deal. Sachin is a great player, but if he was averaging say in the 60's then I think it would be different.

OK Guys we all agree that Bradman is best batsman so does it means we can't praise Sachin and can't celebrate his 20th years of cricket just because he stand 2nd :facepalm Why you guys are spoiling 20th years of Sachin by bringing bradman here?

We don't need to talk about Bradman in this thread. You can't compare both them. Bradman is considered great because of his average whereas Tendulkar is considered great because of lots of runs he had scored. You really can't compare them. If you do, it will reflect your bias nature.

Yes everywhere when a thread is started about Sachin, we always end up either with Sachin & Ponting, Sachin & Lara, Sachin & Bradman, Sachin & so/so! :facepalm Everyone is legend in their own way & in their own team & in their own style & in their own era.

I believe that this thread serve as a good purpose for the player who has served for the nation by playing 20 years of cricket. 20 Years is not a joke! :hpraise

Yes everywhere when a thread is started about Sachin, we always end up either with Sachin & Ponting, Sachin & Lara, Sachin & Bradman, Sachin & so/so! :facepalm Everyone is legend in their own way & in their own team & in their own style & in their own era.

I believe that this thread serve as a good purpose for the player who has served for the nation by playing 20 years of cricket. 20 Years is not a joke! :hpraise

This is why I can't stand some of you Indians. I respect how much you love Cricket and Sachin, but every time he does something, there's always some thread about him. You don't see the Aussie's making threads every time Ponting reaches a Milestone. You don't see us making a thread every time Kallis makes a Milestone. But whenever Sachin does something it must be discussed. He's a great player and all, but there are people who have better records than him. Ponting and Kallis have better records. Ya Sachin has scored more runs, but at a lower average, and Kallis has over 300 test wickets as well. That's why the whole Sachin is not good as so/so starts, because you people are always just indirectly saying it to us, and basically if we don't accept what you guys have to say, then we don't know rats ass about Cricket for whatever reason. The last time he scored a hundred there was the "Is he a God Thread". Then before that he scored a hundred against Sri lanka, and another thread was started about how he brought back "life" into the ODI's. Now this thread... I'm pretty sure he is nearing 30,000 Career International runs now. I'm sure another thread will be started to celebrate that achievement as well. Seriously, it's Sachin overkill.

As a batsman, Sachin is second to Bradman. Hats off to him for constantly entertaining us for last 20 years. :clap

This is why I can't stand some of you Indians. I respect how much you love Cricket and Sachin, but every time he does something, there's always some thread about him. You don't see the Aussie's making threads every time Ponting reaches a Milestone. You don't see us making a thread every time Kallis makes a Milestone. But whenever Sachin does something it must be discussed. He's a great player and all, but there are people who have better records than him. Ponting and Kallis have better records. Ya Sachin has scored more runs, but at a lower average, and Kallis has over 300 test wickets as well. That's why the whole Sachin is not good as so/so starts, because you people are always just indirectly saying it to us, and basically if we don't accept what you guys have to say, then we don't know rats ass about Cricket for whatever reason. The last time he scored a hundred there was the "Is he a God Thread". Then before that he scored a hundred against Sri lanka, and another thread was started about how he brought back "life" into the ODI's. Now this thread... I'm pretty sure he is nearing 30,000 Career International runs now. I'm sure another thread will be started to celebrate that achievement as well. Seriously, it's Sachin overkill.

@ fatal, i dont think planet cricket is stoping anyone from praising Ponting, Kallis. If you feel so please generate a thread & people who love cricket will Definitely contribute.

dear o dear . Where you banned for this? Only god can save this forum

I have to agree. You would think that Tendulkar was this remarkable player that was heads and shoulders above the rest of the pack but when you look at his statistics, he is behind a few batsman but they will never be considered in the same light as Tendlukar because they are not Indian.

I understand this topic but it's the constant stream of topics praising Tendulkar which can be a bit sad. He was a great cricketer, possibly the best batsman of the 90's but that doesn't mean he is without peers.

Also Bradman averaged over 90 when the rest of the player were averaging 40 less, Tendulkar on the other hand averages less one or two less than the likes of Ponting and Kallis.

You guys are not the ultimate. You guys are not the guiding lights which we need to use to do what we have to do. We will do our own thing. If it does not comply with the forum rules, the mods can very well clear it out and warn the concerned people, etc. May be you should get used to this 'thread starting' by Indian fans about Sachin. Best advice - dont read any thread about Sachin once you see the subject (if u're not interested)

saisrini80 added 5 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

I have to agree. You would think that Tendulkar was this remarkable player that was heads and shoulders above the rest of the pack but when you look at his statistics, he is behind a few batsman but they will never be considered in the same light as Tendlukar because they are not Indian.

I understand this topic but it's the constant stream of topics praising Tendulkar which can be a bit sad. He was a great cricketer, possibly the best batsman of the 90's but that doesn't mean he is without peers.

Also Bradman averaged over 90 when the rest of the player were averaging 40 less, Tendulkar on the other hand averages less one or two less than the likes of Ponting and Kallis.

Tendulkar is not comparable to Kallis. He is definitely better! As regards to Ponting, yes "Tendulkar is better than Ponting". Again if you bring up the argument of "who wins most matches", I would again say "Most of Tendulkar's big innings have helped India push towards victory or have played a big part in setting up victory". Cricket is a team game and one player should always not be expected to do everything. Ponting had support most of the time. Tendulkar always didnt have it, yet he almost always took us to victory or victorious situations.

Tendulkar can only be compared to Bradman (as I said before, I rate him better than even Bradman). End of discussion for me

I'm closing this thread. Looks like it's turning into another Tendulkar vs X thread.

Let's just agree that it's been fantastic watching him for 20 years, and we hope he continues for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread