2007 World Cup... how to watch it?

girl4cricket

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys,

I was weighing different options for watching the World Cup and found out DISH Network costs like 200 bucks for all 51 matches. And these guys give free services like ball-by-ball on mobiles, internet coverage etc. etc. I think it's better to go with satellite TV than internet coz there will never be any buffering problems. Me and a few friends of mine are planning to pool in and get this for real cheap.

Any other such good options out there?

channel nine for all the australian games if you live in australia.... and fox sports for all the other matches if you live in aus, plus i think the aus matches will be on fox too, is that right?

I'm probably going to pool money and get it from willow.tv (they're selling it for almost exactly 200 as well). It is a bit hefty, though. Unless I find other sources. ;)

I will wait until the semifinal, and try to see if they offer cheap rates for semifinal+final! thats what i did for the last world cup.

till then, its good old cricinfo!

Ahh man you guys must feel chuffed, Sky Sports for me :D

I thought Sub-Continents had TenSport?

With a beer in one hand, and a remote in the other.

Oh missed the point did I? Coat. Taxi. Airport.

:p

I don't think the starter of the thread was taking a poll but looking for options to watch it. From what I understand, Echostar has the official rights in North America. They are the people who own DishTV and from what I understand DishTV sells online rights to Willow.tv (or perhaps they are owned by EchoStar as well).

So DishTV and Willow.tv are legally the only people you can buy it from in NA.

That's so lame. I think I'll (my dad'll) shell out the 200 though; they had a good deal for India vs. SL and Windies as a combined package.

Feelin Blue? said:
channel nine for all the australian games if you live in australia.... and fox sports for all the other matches if you live in aus, plus i think the aus matches will be on fox too, is that right?

Will it definetly be on Channel 9? Ive heard Foxsports will cover EVERY game but.

I do not have anywhere to watch it, Sky is expensive here so, will touch base with some old friends to see if anyone has gotten Sky installed yet.

Hooper said:
Will it definetly be on Channel 9? Ive heard Foxsports will cover EVERY game but.
Yes everygame will be on FOX SPORTS but i thought i heard somewhere that Aussie games will be on nine too for the people who dont have pay TV
i am happy to be proven wrong though

Users who are viewing this thread